GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Reportedly Launching in Late March

Guru 3D found this buried in the page source for that countdown page:

index.php

I went looking for it myself, but it looks like they caught their error and removed it.

Wither way, I'm thinking a 1080ti is probably they most likely outcome.

As for the "Ultimate Geforce" thing, that is weird. Maybe it's because they don't consider the Titan's to be part of the GeForce product family anymore? They are supposed to be more "machine learning" products?
upload_2017-2-23_9-26-50-png.17656

Considering the background looks like the element of Titanium, I think it's safe to say it's probably going to be a reveal.

Funny how they are trying to be all sneaky/secretive with the buried hint(s). It's the worst kept secret this year so far. :p

Funny how they are trying to be all sneaky/secretive with the buried hint(s). It's the worst kept secret this year so far. :p

Well, there have been rumors about 1080ti ever since the Pascal Titan launched.

Most of them were total made up BS.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Heh, I haven't booted my gaming computer in 2 months now. Maybe I became too old.
I'm having that debate now, get a 1070 and 144hz 1080p monitor for my casual gaming

or

1080ti with 144hz 1440p monitor for the same frequency of gaming, but double the cost

Realist vs. enthusiast , the struggle is real...

I imagine my actual gaming experience will be equal, but having a flagship card with a nice screen would help satisfy the urge now that I have adult money :)

I'm having that debate now, get a 1070 and 144hz 1080p monitor for my casual gaming

or

1080ti with 144hz 1440p monitor for the same frequency of gaming, but double the cost

Realist vs. enthusiast , the struggle is real...

I imagine my actual gaming experience will be equal, but having a flagship card with a nice screen would help satisfy the urge now that I have adult money :)
FWIW a 1440p for non-gaming usage is quite nice and a very good quality of life/everyday-computing upgrade.

For gaming, you're right, you do have to keep up with the curve (but not as much as those trying to push 4K). I tried going from 1440p to 1080p and personally couldn't do it (and ended up getting the Acer 1440p G-sync monitor).

I'm betting that this is just a countdown to the announcement of the Ti. In [H] terminology, a paper launch.

Unless it's a HUGE gain, I'll be keeping my 1070 until Volta arrives: http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...traces-of-volta-spotted-in-new-nvidia-driver/

Yeah, unless they do a huge upset and actually launch something faster than my Pascal Titan, I'll probably keep the Titan until the next Titan.

I do need more performance for 4k, but I am never doing multi-GPU again, so I just have to keep going for the fastest single GPU I can find, until that is fast enough. I think if I could get 15-20% more performance than my overclocked Pascal Titan, I would be happy.

I'm betting that this is just a countdown to the announcement of the Ti. In [H] terminology, a paper launch.
That's my guess too - an announcement, to take the wind out of AMD's sails. Nvidia is scary good at this.

That's my guess too - an announcement, to take the wind out of AMD's sails. Nvidia is scary good at this.

Very true. That being said, it's the job of any good marketing department to try to persuade potential customers to wait for their next great thing rather than buy the competitors product.

AMD has been doing this with Zen for some time now, with teases, and being dodgy with actual release dates until very late in the game to keep us thinking its around the corner and awesome, to keep us from buying a different CPU, and losing us as customers for the next 3-5 years.

Very true. That being said, it's the job of any good marketing department to try to persuade potential customers to wait for their next great thing rather than buy the competitors product.

AMD has been doing this with Zen for some time now, with teases, and being dodgy with actual release dates until very late in the game to keep us thinking its around the corner and awesome, to keep us from buying a different CPU, and losing us as customers for the next 3-5 years.
As (AMD is) the underdog though, it's understandable.

But I agree, being dodgy is not the way, AMD needs to put up (better products) and shut up.

This is why I wait at least 5 years to build another rig.

There's always going to be a better vid card in the future..

Back