GeForce GTX 1080 Mobile GPU Specifications Leaked

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
So how does it differ from the desktop GPU? For starters, the mobile version will be using GDDR5 and have a memory clock of 8,008MHz.

…the alleged mobile version of GeForce GTX 1080 features 2048 CUDA Cores, which is less compared to the 2560 CUDA Cores present in the desktop variant. The mobile version of this GPU is based on the new Pascal GP104 SKU and it’s highly possible that it will feature a lower TDP compared to the desktop version. The desktop version of GeForce GTX 1080 is running at a default clock speed of 1607MHz, while the one that could be running in future laptops is running at a speed of 1442MHz.

If it's faster then a 980 desktop then I think it will be fine. If not it will still be the fastest mobile part avalible so it will still be fine. :p

Sounds like a 1070, downclocked at bit with a few more cores. That will perform great I'm sure, but they're still continuing the confusing mobile naming.

Hopefully we see more 120+ Hz panels in laptops. This new breed of dGPU is plentiful power for that.

Approx 70% of the base performance of a 1080 FE but with less boost due to heat.
So around 60% of the performance.

Which means it'll perform only a little bit faster than a desktop RX480.

That is actually pretty good for a mobile chip but I think it suggests AMD has got a real chance to be competitive in the mobile space this time around. And not just with Polaris 11. A better binned Polaris 10 that used say 130W instead of 150W could work in a 17.3" gaming laptop and sell for lots less while still making AMD some good profits.

Back