GeForce GTX 1060 Coming This Fall?

HardOCP News

[H] News
More rumblings from the rumor mill today. This time around the buzz is that NVIDIA will be launching the GeForce GTX 1060 this fall. The site isn't in English so I ran it through the Google machine and came away with the quote below:

The chip GP106 succeeds current GM206, which was launched with the GeForce GTX 960 and later found in the GTX 950. In this context it is interesting that the last recently been released in versions without requiring additional power supply. The same can therefore apply graphics cards based on the GP106, which, with a new architecture and manufacturing at 16 nanometers is predicted to become more energy efficient.

Counter PR to Polaris had started out seems.

If so, it will be funny, we may have the reverse of these releases with Vega from AMD and the smaller 1060 from nvidia.

If Vega is in October as you hope it won't have HBM2 on it.

If Vega comes out in October, I'll eat my hat. The source of that rumor is literally "some guy on some forum".

Yeah, I'm pretty sure AMDs gonna hold off Vega till next year. Release it as the Rx-590 and Rx-590x, and refresh Polaris to the Rx-580 and Rx-580x(Full Polaris). We MIGHT get an Rx-480x this fall around back-to-school time.

Also, if history is anything to go by, the GTX1060 will be a disappointment. See how far the GTX960 is from the GTX970, then apply that percentage to how far the GTX1060 will be from the GTX1070. Also consider that nVidia's xx60 class cards have been falling further and further away from the xx70 class cards since the GTX660(non-Ti), and we'd be LUCKY if the GTX1060 performs anywhere NEAR the GTX970.

nVidia should drop the current GTX1070 down to $330, and release a GTX1070-Ti, with the same Chip as the GTX1080, but tied to GDDR5 as opposed to GDDR5x, and price THAT at $400+/-.

Counter PR to Polaris had started out seems.

If so, it will be funny, we may have the reverse of these releases with Vega from AMD and the smaller 1060 from nvidia.

Not really, in fact that card was already teased by some AIB way before the announcement of polaris, even with some slides that put it between 970 and 980 Performance.. with the huge advantage the GTX 1070 have over the GTX 970 I just hope the chart it's wrong and they place the card closer to the 980 than the 970, (or probably nvidia is waiting to fill the gap with the return of the 1060TI? with GP104? as happened with 600 series)

Inno3D-GTX-1060-900x506.jpg

Last edited:
Back