GeForce Game Ready Driver 361.43 WHQL

Aside from the VR updates, looks like some long awaited fixes are in this driver too.

Fermi GPUs now use WDDM 2.0 in single-, or mixed configurations. (Fermi SLI still uses WDDM 1.3)

Windows 10 Fixed Issues
  • Fixed a driver bug where if the output is active, hot unplugging a device will cause
    any following hot plug device to be ignored. [1707505]
  • [GM20x] Clock speeds remain above idle at 144 Hz on desktop. [1631144]
Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista Fixed Issues

Last edited:
Fermi GPUs now use WDDM 2.0 in single-, or mixed configurations for PhysX. (Fermi SLI still uses WDDM 1.3)

Does this mean that I can finally run Win 10 and have my Maxwell+Fermi combination usefully recognized (ie multi-monitor), or is the Fermi a dummy GPU just for PhysX?

Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista Fixed Issues

So then, the reason they gave us earlier was bs. Oh well. Will test tonight.

Nope. Older generations of hardware needed higher clocks for multi display or high refresh rates. New generations don't.

I don't think there's anything newer than my Titan X presently ... it was definitely ramping clocks at 144Hz desktop. I guess you could say 950/960 are newer (better video decode at least.)

Fallout 4 (of all games) still gives me occasional driver restarts with even the most modest of overclocks. This is of course after being able to play something like Crysis 3, Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, and Street Fighter 5 for hours with heavier overclocks. I can only assume my issues are related to that game and/or drivers.

Fallout 4 (of all games) still gives me occasional driver restarts with even the most modest of overclocks. This is of course after being able to play something like Crysis 3, Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, and Street Fighter 5 for hours with heavier overclocks. I can only assume my issues are related to that game and/or drivers.

Honestly, I think they set Maxwell voltage tables a bit low in their quest for lowest power. I had to flash in an extra +0.1v across my boost table to solve instability issues.

Does this mean that I can finally run Win 10 and have my Maxwell+Fermi combination usefully recognized (ie multi-monitor), or is the Fermi a dummy GPU just for PhysX?
This is exactly what it says in the release notes:

Fermi GPUs
As of Windows 10 November Update, Fermi GPUs now use WDDM 2.0 in single GPU configurations.

For multi-GPU configurations, WDDM usage is as follows:
  • In non-SLI multi-GPU configurations, Fermi GPUs use WDDM 2.0. This includes configurations where a Fermi GPU is used with Kepler or Maxwell GPUs.
  • In SLI mode, Fermi GPUs still use WDDM 1.3.
So I am going to assume that's a 'yes' for your situation.

Honestly, I think they set Maxwell voltage tables a bit low in their quest for lowest power. I had to flash in an extra +0.1v across my boost table to solve instability issues.

My OC [1501] is only stable with voltage boosted all the way and fans ramped high enough to keep it under 70c

Didn't NVIDIA said from December driver updates will only be available through GeForce Experience? Personally I rather download it directly from their website, hate using GE to be honest, it's too slow.

Didn't NVIDIA said from December driver updates will only be available through GeForce Experience? Personally I rather download it directly from their website, hate using GE to be honest, it's too slow.

I think enough people rose up and took no prisoners on that one. This guy right here stood up and gave NVidia the big no, not in my PC will they force GFE on me.

I think enough people rose up and took no prisoners on that one. This guy right here stood up and gave NVidia the big no, not in my PC will they force GFE on me.

I told them on the message board that under no circumstances would I run GFE, and I would buy an ATI card. Suddenly the drivers are available as a download and doesn't require GFE. Stand up for your rights people, they want to take them all away. Fight now, fight forever.

An update last week made GFE a little snappier.

My primary 980 is idling at 911MHz on these. I have 144Hz Gsync on DP, 60Hz secondary monitor on DP, and 60Hz TV on HDMI.

May have only been fixed for single display? Be nice if they specified.

An update last week made GFE a little snappier.

My primary 980 is idling at 911MHz on these. I have 144Hz Gsync on DP, 60Hz secondary monitor on DP, and 60Hz TV on HDMI.

May have only been fixed for single display? Be nice if they specified.
Probably. I would think that multimonitor is a different beast. I haven't tried this driver myself, yet, but I do have a PG278Q that I can test with.

i'm using a single PG278Q, nothing else plugged in, and my 970 has been locked at 1114 MHz basically since i got it. these drivers didn't do anything.

Fixes Lag in Star Wars Battlefront with SLI enabled after updating to driver 359.06.

yeah, im running a fairly heavy OC for a gtx770, and fallout4 is the only game to give me trouble. i'd get driver restarts too.

lowered everything a smidge and it's been fine since.

gonna try upping the mV one notch though with the old, higher settings.

Something about Fallout 4 is definitely the culprit. I got another one last night. In looking at my Afterburner settings, I can't figure it out. My numbers are all moderate from usage, temp, etc.
I've just started disabling overclocking when playing Fallout and I can go all day. With OC'ing enabled, I'm only good for about an hour before I get a driver restart. No other (far more demanding) games do it.

Nvidia should do everyone a solid and make GFE automatically install new drivers with the same settings I used last time. The process of going to being told there is a driver update, then going to GFE, then updating GFE, then going back to GFE, then hitting another button to check for a driver update that it already knows is there is completely stupid. And even after that I need to click Express or Custom installation and both options still try to install HDMI audio and 3D Vision support that I've never used. Then you need to go through one or two security prompts... At an absolutely minimum, GFE should at least update itself without me poking it. And then after all that shit, the GFE System Tray icon still says an update is available (with the yellow "!") until I run the damn thing again and check for updates. Then it finds no updates and the System Tray icon clears the yellow "!"

The whole process is more work than simply going to www.nvidia.com and installing the driver without GFE. The whole mess feels like old school Java where every time you needed to use Java for anything, you have to go through a pain in the ass update process.

Last edited:
It's not about demanding or gpu load. It's about the exact gpu code and what timing paths it hits.

Definitely this. Useage states <100% load can often be more problematic for a bad overclock than a full load.

With this driver I get constant system locked and driver recovery messages. Only when SLI is enabled and even when just at the desktop. Frist time I've had a problem since switching to nvidia a few months ago. Went back to 359.06 and I don't have the problem. Have tried updating several times, clean installs too. Same issue every time.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

With this driver I get constant system locked and driver recovery messages. Only when SLI is enabled and even when just at the desktop. Frist time I've had a problem since switching to nvidia a few months ago. Went back to 359.06 and I don't have the problem. Have tried updating several times, clean installs too. Same issue every time.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

Nope, never had that problem.

Use DDU to do a clean removal of old drivers before installing the newest. I'm running SLI 980 Ti's on a Rog Swift, X99 5960X.

Nvidia should do everyone a solid and make GFE automatically install new drivers with the same settings I used last time. The process of going to being told there is a driver update, then going to GFE, then updating GFE, then going back to GFE, then hitting another button to check for a driver update that it already knows is there is completely stupid. And even after that I need to click Express or Custom installation and both options still try to install HDMI audio and 3D Vision support that I've never used. Then you need to go through one or two security prompts... At an absolutely minimum, GFE should at least update itself without me poking it. And then after all that shit, the GFE System Tray icon still says an update is available (with the yellow "!") until I run the damn thing again and check for updates. Then it finds no updates and the System Tray icon clears the yellow "!"

The whole process is more work than simply going to www.nvidia.com and installing the driver without GFE. The whole mess feels like old school Java where every time you needed to use Java for anything, you have to go through a pain in the ass update process.

It takes less effort to check a couple of boxes in the installer than it does to write this whining post.

It takes less effort to check a couple of boxes in the installer than it does to write this whining post.

It also didn't take much effort for people to update Flash every other week, however people still bitched about that for years. Other applications can and do update seamlessly without user intervention, I don't think it's a huge ask for Nvidia to streamline their updates into fewer button clicks. Also having updates that maintain user settings should be elementary to implement, and Nvidia can't manage that.

I noticed that with these drivers my GPU core clock at idle remains at 135 MHz in both 120Hz and 144Hz. However, my power consumption goes from 5.5% TDP at 120Hz to 8.1% TDP at 144Hz. What's up with that?

I noticed that with these drivers my GPU core clock at idle remains at 135 MHz in both 120Hz and 144Hz. However, my power consumption goes from 5.5% TDP at 120Hz to 8.1% TDP at 144Hz. What's up with that?

I guess 144Hz takes a little more grunt than 120Hz.

I still cannot get these drivers to work on my system. Constant crashing, no idea why. Seems worse, but not exclusive, when SLI is enabled.

Go back to 359.06 and no issue.... hope the next version works for me.

Installed last night myself, no issues.

Then again, my needs are fairly basic compared to some of you guys.

i'm using a single PG278Q, nothing else plugged in, and my 970 has been locked at 1114 MHz basically since i got it. these drivers didn't do anything.

I have 358.5 driver version, SLi 980 Ti and Surround using three 2410 monitors.

My cards run 990 Mhz on the desktop????

Back