GeForce Game Ready 361.91 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA sends word that the new Game Ready 361.91 WHQL driver is now available for download. These drivers have Game Ready optimizations for Street Fighter V, and also include optimizations and tweaks for a soon-to-be-released Arma 3 update, next weekend's Hitman beta, and Monster Hunter Online.

For an optimal experience, Capcom recommends that Street Fighter V players equip their systems with a GeForce GTX 960 graphics card, 8GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i5-4690K, running at 3.50GHz. Whichever graphics card you own, be sure to switch on GeForce Experience to get 60 FPS Optimal Playable Settings that use everything your GPU's got to deliver the highest-quality experience possible. It's the easiest way to auto-configure your graphics settings, and gets you straight into the game with zero setup.

they have a bug in Nvidia shadow play that can make some games crash on launch like FarCry 4

see post # 63 here on the Official Nvidia Forums
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...y-driver-feedback-thread-released-2-15-16-/5/

see post # 474 here on the official Nvidia forums from when the bug was confirmed by Nvidia to be in the 361.75 driver
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...l-display-driver-feedback-thread-1-27-16-/32/

also see the release notes as it seems they keep breaking things ... even if you do nothing you can get a TDR now ?

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Windows 10 Issues
[Intel Core i7 4770K (HD Graphics 4600), GeForce GTX 970 (GM204)] TDR pointing to
Intel GPU driver occurs when system is left idle for extended time. [200172343]

Last edited:
If you just want the driver and PhysX without all that other stuff, just extract the folder from the installer (7zip will do that fine), and delete everything but these things:

Display.Driver
NVI2
PhysX
EULA
license
ListDevices
setup.cfg
setup

The first three things are folders, the rest are files. Run setup to install. Before doing that, you might want to manually remove all traces of previous Nvidia drivers to start with a clean slate (needs to be done in Safe Mode).

yea i just Use DDU in safe mode to wipe my old driver, never had a problem with it

then when i install any Nvidia driver i select custom install
and only install
1.the video Driver (it'll also include the control panel)
2.HDMI audio (so i can use my 40 in HDTV for films online ,an yes games look great on a 40 inch screen)
3.PhysX

i uncheck all the rest then select perform a clean install

i never install geforce experience ( last time i used that it set all the incorrect settings in my games and i got blue screens ..never again Nvidia ..)

i never install any of the Nvidia 3d vision stuff , you need the Nvidia 3d vision glasses and kit as well as a supported 3d screen to use that anyway .

i don't own it so why install it ...

only posted about the problem with shadow play to let other people see it in case they run into a problem , i had to help dozens of people out on the Steam forums with FarCry 4 since that problem started in 361.75 .. if you disable shadow play the game launches fine.
dunno whats up with that I 7 problem ..seems odd that they added that to the release notes that just letting your system Idle it'll TDR on you if you have that CPU and a GTX 970 . which i'm sure many do

Last edited:
I uninstalled the NV driver 4 times and had to reboot each time to remove the next older driver. In the end, I still had an NV driver, but no uninstall entry. Had to use DDU, which worked very well, nice program.

I uninstalled the NV driver 4 times and had to reboot each time to remove the next older driver. In the end, I still had an NV driver, but no uninstall entry. Had to use DDU, which worked very well, nice program.

I use DDU every time I want a clean driver install, I don't even bother with the clean install option in the NV wizard.

I think you are just making it hard on yourself at that point. I've always just installed over the old version and haven't had an issue ever. The way the files are utilized it's almost impossible to have crossed version driver files loaded in Windows.

I think you are just making it hard on yourself at that point. I've always just installed over the old version and haven't had an issue ever. The way the files are utilized it's almost impossible to have crossed version driver files loaded in Windows.

One time I took out one NV card, and put another NV card in my system. Oddly, it used an OLDER driver for the other card, instead of the current driver! Either driver supported either card. Very strange ... so I started making sure there are no older drivers lying around.

the 361.91 drivers are running great for me with my GTX 970...performance has improved in Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and the other games I tried (Rise of the Tomb Raider) run fine as well

I finally got up to date with 361.91 and forgot to add the "hack" to pci-e 3.0 for my x79 mobo... I fired up the TW3 and wow... what a difference.. it was hard to look at in all but the most basic areas. That "hack" really does work. I reckon at some point I should leap to X99 or Z170.. but as long as the hack does seem to work I guess I can milk this x79.

Driver working fine for me. Instead of manually setting options in Fallout 4 I took a chance and used nVidia optimized settings. Much, much better than previous driver versions. Haven't encountered any issues.

I installed this driver "blindly" yesterday. When I say "blindly", I mean just accepting in good faith that it's not screwy, and just allowing it to do an Express installation over my older ones, as I typically do.

So far, I've had zero issues. I fired up Far Cry 4 for the first time in 7 months to see if there had been any improvements to the constant random crashing since the last time I played it. Also, I wanted to test out my newly installed AIO.

I played for about 4 hours. Zero crashes and temps never exceeded 60C (whereas before, with stock cooling, it used to normally hit 83C and go as high as 87C). So far, I'm happy.

Back