GeForce Experience 1.8.2

New update for experience adds a few features I've seen asked for in this forum and looks to increase it's usefulness for casual and more serious users. Glad to see I can turn the mic off for manual recording, no more hearing my mechanical key taps!
It also fixed my issue with Shadowplay not turning on (greyed out) on 332.21 & installer crashing.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-experience-1-8-2-released

Bug Fixes
Fixes "Installation is corrupt" bug when attempting to install a new driver
Fixes incorrect reporting of the PC's monitor resolution
Fixes an issue where log files consume excessive disk space over time

ShadowPlay

Adds option to change the directory of the ShadowPlay buffer
Fixes missing audio when playing in 5.1 surround mode
Adds 30 FPS recording option
Adds custom bit rate control
Adds output resolution control
Adds microphone on push function

GameStream
Improved streaming stability and quality of service

I've not used shadowplay very much, but I just installed this update and set my recording and temp directory to a 5400 rpm green drive.

Is that going to work or do I need to direct it back to my SSD for it to run smoothly? Would test on my own but not at my gaming pc for a while.

[L]imey;1040570327 said:
I've not used shadowplay very much, but I just installed this update and set my recording and temp directory to a 5400 rpm green drive.

Is that going to work or do I need to direct it back to my SSD for it to run smoothly? Would test on my own but not at my gaming pc for a while.

I can't tell you and be sure about it. Having both on the same drive should help with the latency a bit, along with shadowplay being fairly resource light I'd say it should be smooth. I never had much slowdown using it on only a mechanical drive. Though I haven't used a WD Green drive for a long time as well for a reason.
I'm going to go test this out on my 7200Rpm drive in BF4 right now and post back, compared to my ssd and see if there is any visible perf. difference.

[L]imey;1040570327 said:

Writing to the green will be fine, as the encoding is all happening on the GPU by the time it's written to disk its all just the same as real time playback, the disk speed requirements are quite low.

[L]imey;1040570584 said:
Thanks Kor.

Will be checking it out later tonight.

I recorded 2 64p Paracel Storm matches, one with cache and save on ssd other on 7200rpm drive. Saw no difference in fps, no spikes when pressing start or finish on the videos as well. Seems you'll be good, all anecdotal of course though!

Cheers Run.

Will do some of my own testing tonight on the green drive.

I really like the options added 30fps, customize your resolution and bitrate :cool:

So the maximum settings make my game hitch periodically when recording to the 5400rpm drive. Going to have to turn it down a bit to see if it's solveable

Back