geforce 970 with 2 dvi or 3 display ports?

eddie500

Gawd
First I want to say that I am posting it here to hopefully get answers instead of people telling me to use "search". I'm avoiding the video card sub forum because of this. I already used google to search and couldn't find any answers.

Hopefully the general hardware thread is less harsh on people who are not Hard core computer enthusiasts anymore.

I see that some gtx 970 cards come with 2 dvi and others come with 1 dvi and 3 display ports.

Which one should I get? Which one is better for future monitor upgrades?

Generally, if you want to be ready for future monitors, then you want to focus on HDMI and DisplayPort. However, if you already have two monitors with DVI and no HDMI or DisplayPort, then get a GTX 970 card with two DVI ports.

Generally, if you want to be ready for future monitors, then you want to focus on HDMI and DisplayPort. However, if you already have two monitors with DVI and no HDMI or DisplayPort, then get a GTX 970 card with two DVI ports.

Ahh, I think I'm in a bad situation. I have two monitors with DVI, but I want to also be ready for future upgrades.

But what are the odds of getting more than one monitor with DVI or HDMI over the next few years before I'm ready to upgrade to the next video card.

Ahh, I think I'm in a bad situation. I have two monitors with DVI, but I want to also be ready for future upgrades.

But what are the odds of getting more than one monitor with DVI or HDMI over the next few years before I'm ready to upgrade to the next video card.

Well remember that virtually every 900 series GPU supports up to four monitors. So if the video card has two DVI ports, there's still two more ports on the video card that you can use.

Which one is better for future monitor upgrades?

Whichever one has the most DVI(-I) ports. DVI is the ultimate display connector and the only connector capable of unlimited digital bandwidth. Plus, DVI-I can also carry unlimited analog signals for use with CRTs and laser projectors and can easily be adapted to BNC.

DisplayPort and HDMI.

HDMI is a filthy pile of crap. It is literally a rebrand of DisplayPort with more DRM and royalties, all topped off with less bandwidth. DP isn't that bad, but it sure doesn't compete with DVI.

Back