GeForce 7900 Quad SLI review @ X-bit Labs

I thought we'd already established that any sort of quad-SLI solution today would be heavily CPU-limited... :(

CPU-limitation is true, as well as the fact, that if you look properly, as the AA & resolutions get cranked up REALLY high, the Quad-SLI SHINES.

Angry Bear said:
I wonder what kind of performance 4 6800 gts in quad sli would give?
I assume it would scale similar to the quad 7900s. Definitely not worth it.

mavalpha said:
I thought we'd already established that any sort of quad-SLI solution today would be heavily CPU-limited... :(

Then perhaps we should wait for Conroe before making final jugdement? ;)

Terra...

Damn that sucks. Maybe I won't be going quad sli. Hopefully they'll have better drivers at launch.

Predator_CITF said:
CPU-limitation is true, as well as the fact, that if you look properly, as the AA & resolutions get cranked up REALLY high, the Quad-SLI SHINES.

Actually.. X1900 CF beats it several times with a super high res +AA. Its too bad they barely even tested Oblivion. Just HDR, and no AA. Should have had some AA benches as well, like they did in other games.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
i can't wait for quad SLI... cuz all i need is half of quad sli so i can run sli ;) :D ... for i only have 1 pcie slot

this is what i'm hoping to do myself, running a single card frees up a few slots on my A8N32

*** anyone pre selling these cards yet?

Ok, is it just me or do xbitlabs and techpowerup have the exact same systems. Did they just share the same computers?

"Nvidia has invented a special PCI Express x48 bridge", what machine c/w a x48 bridge? Or is it inside that video card?

Happy Hopping said:
"Nvidia has invented a special PCI Express x48 bridge", what machine c/w a x48 bridge? Or is it inside that video card?

It's a bridge chip on the card itself. It's give each card x16 to each other and a shared x16 to the motherboard.

Back