Geforce 7900 GTX SLI performance vs Geforce 7800 GTX SLI vs X1900XT Crossfire in Fear

Manoj

Gawd
Here are some results for the popular game called "FEAR". All game settings set to maximum quality with 4x FSAA and 16x Anisotropic Filtering and Shadows enabled at 1600 x 1200.

Results taken from my last 3 systems.

Opteron 170 @ 2.93Ghz and Geforce 7800 GTX 512 XXX Edition SLI (Not overclocked)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ManojM//Fear-With-Geforce-7800-GTX-XXX-Edition-SLI.JPG

Pentium D 955XE (not overclocked) and X1900XT Crossfire (not overclocked)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ManojM//Fear-Default-with-x1900-Crossfire.JPG

Athlon FX 60 (not overclocked) and Geforce 7900 GTX Extreme Edition SLI (Not overclocked)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ManojM//Fear-With-Geforce-7900-GTX-Extreme-Edition-SLI.JPG

Is that with or without Soft Shadows? If you have Soft Shadows on disable it, it causes a problem with AA enabled and AA may not work correctly. You can have shadows on maximum, but SOFT shadows disable.

Manoj said:
How to run fear at 1920x1200?

My Dell 24" can run games at 1920x1200 but I can't seem to choose this resolution in the game options.

my documents>shared documents or all users i dont remember and I am not home to check>monolith>fear>settings cfg >open with note pad and change hieght and width. Fear will auto adjust the fov for you

jacuzz1 said:
my documents>shared documents or all users i dont remember and I am not home to check>monolith>fear>settings cfg >open with note pad and change hieght and width. Fear will auto adjust the fov for you

I'm not sure why they didn't include it in the game settings, the fact that it auto adjusts the FOV is odd. They must be in the camp that thinks widescreen is cheating in MP games.

I'm from the school where people used to play Quake tournaments with a fisheye view to get a slight advantage and I saw no problem with that.

Good stuff, however it would be more fair to compare simlar systems. The Pentium for the X1900XTX and the FX 60 for the 7900GTX are a slight advantage for Nvidia.

It would be nice to see RD580 X1900XTX C-Fire FX 60 rig with 2GB DDR

vs

NForce 4 32 SLi 7900GTX Sli FX 60 w 2GB DDR for a more accurate performance comparison.

These #s makes the C-fire setup look sad.

jacuzz1 said:

Just go to the Fear folder, usually is C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR then right click on shortcut to user directory and select properties, then click on find target and it will show you a window and the folder called FEAR, open that folder and look for settings.cfg, right click on it and select open with and select notedpad and set the resolution you like where it says screen width and screen height then save and close the file, I made the file read only afterwards so the resolution I set will never get changed, good luck!!!. :p :D

Back