Geforce 770 & 780 coming in May

Yeah, I doubt anyone would buy a used titan for $20-50 less than brand new. Some people on ebay have listed them near bnib prices (claiming the I used it once bs), but a good chunk of them did not sell for what they were looking for.

Paying $950 for a second-hand Titan does not seem rational while a new one can be bought for $1,000 + tax.
As the Titan MRSP is arguably currently overpriced by $200-$250, I expect to see this reflected to some extent in the second-hand market.

Very doubtful. Most likely you will find a used Titan at $950-1000.

no one in their right mind would pay that for a used Titan...$800-850 is more reasonable, and expect that to drop significantly over the next few months

Paying $950 for a second-hand Titan does not seem rational while a new one can be bought for $1,000 + tax.
As the Titan MRSP is arguably currently overpriced by $200-$250, I expect to see this reflected to some extent in the second-hand market.

The same was said of a second hand 680 when the 670 was released as well due to lack of supply. Since Titan is not a mainstream part and still somewhat scarce, I expect even second hand prices to be not far off retail prices simply due to the fact that even retail price are marked up at the moment just like the 680 was.

no one in their right mind would pay that for a used Titan...$800-850 is more reasonable, and expect that to drop significantly over the next few months

Sounds good as long as supply and demand doesn't have anything to do with it, but we'll see. I'm not an advocate of what Nvidia did with the pricing scheme for the Titan but I feel they knew very well that raising the price of the Titan to such levels meant that they can raise prices on the 780 somewhere between Titan and 680 launch price and call it justified.

The same was said of a second hand 680 when the 670 was released as well due to lack of supply. Since Titan is not a mainstream part and still somewhat scarce, I expect even second hand prices to be not far off retail prices simply due to the fact that even retail price are marked up at the moment just like the 680 was.

The fact that the Titan is still somewhat scarce is not much of an issue considering that this product targets a very small niche (e.g. demand is relatively low).

Now, Titan can be relatively easy found for $999 and the asked price was around $800-$900 before negotiation on the few local ads I have seen in my area.
Furthermore, I bought two of these for $775 each on Craiglist.

It seems that your expectations are not consistent with current market data.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The fact that the Titan is still somewhat scarce is not much of an issue considering that this product targets a very small niche (e.g. demand is relatively low).

Now, Titan can be relatively easy found for $999 and the asked price was around $800-$900 before negotiation on the few local ads I have seen in my area.
Furthermore, I bought two of these for $775 each on Craiglist.

It seems that your expectations are not consistent with current market data.

My expectations of what? Just curious.

Craiglist? Thanks but I certainly don't consider that a credible source, and certainly not one that anyone can go right out today and buy a Titan for the same price. If you got one from a crackhead at that price, that's fine, but certainly not the norm online where it matters to people who care about buying from reputable retailers or sellers and not risking getting shot meeting someone on Craigslist.

Actually the opposite:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/17/n...e-year-old-gtx-690-in-just-3-months-were-not/

And you will find an occasional good deal, but I wouldn't count on that being the norm.

Isn't that true with any recently released card?

It's too early to predict what a used Titan should go far. The majority of owners are happy with their purchase and will not sell anytime soon, probably not until Maxwell is released.
The few owners that are selling, bought it for novelty and it wore off, think they needed the power and they didn't, or just need the money back to pay bills.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I said it once I'll say it again. The Titan had now WoW factor for me........and especially at that price.

I said it once I'll say it again. The Titan had now WoW factor for me........and especially at that price.

Of course it had no World of WarCraft factor. It's not a game! I wouldn't pay 1000+ for World of WarCraft either! ;)

Very doubtful. Most likely you will find a used Titan at $950-1000.

They already go for $800-900 on ebay, and the price will only go down as the year progresses (on ebay at least). Someone got a fucking steal YESTERDAY on a evga signature super clocked for $535

http://r.ebay.com/M9knIy

Jelly

Last edited:
Actually the opposite:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/17/n...e-year-old-gtx-690-in-just-3-months-were-not/

That article only says that the Titan outsells the GTX 690 which is, by the way, another niche product. It is not surprising to see that the 690 did not sell well since it costs the same as two 680 while being slower.:confused:

Please indicate how this articles indicates that the volume of sold Titan is comparable to more mainstream products such as the GTX 680/670.

Can we agree that a video card that retails for $1,000 is by definition a niche product.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Craiglist? Thanks but I certainly don't consider that a credible source, and certainly not one that anyone can go right out today and buy a Titan for the same price. If you got one from a crackhead at that price, that's fine, but certainly not the norm online where it matters to people who care about buying from reputable retailers or sellers and not risking getting shot meeting someone on Craigslist.

While a minority of sellers on site such as Craiglist may not be legit, I think if would be fair to presume that the majority of sellers are honest. . At least, this is the case from my experience of more than a hundred satisfactory transactions. And by the way, the crackhead that you refer to was a very polite and friendly person. He originally asked $900 for his cards but he did not received any serious offers for the first two weeks he puts its adds on.

Getting shot? What is this this paranoia non-sense?? Obviously, buying an expensive item such as a Titan would require some precautions such as making the transaction in a public area.
Someone is currently selling a GTX Titan for $900 on Kijiji Montreal. Should I call the police?

I guess that the "data" that comes from your imagination is more credible than data that can actually be observed...

Last edited:
There's no way that listing is legit. Way too cheap, from a seller with only 3 ratings. Best case scenario, you get a box with a brick inside.

Some people would just rather not believe someone got a deal like that, whether its legit or not.

I have never ran into any issues selling on craigslist (locally in houston). Outside of the annoying low-ball offers, everything has always gone down smoothly, with the buyers always being very nice people.

You have to be pretty paranoid to be talking about getting shot with something related to craigslist.

Agreed. I have had countless good experiences buying and selling on Craigslist. Plus who would meet someone in an area where they would be in potential danger?

i wish i knew the confirmed price, so i can set aside some monies.

While a minority of sellers on site such as Craiglist may not be legit, I think if would be fair to presume that the majority of sellers are honest. . At least, this is the case from my experience of more than a hundred satisfactory transactions. And by the way, the crackhead that you refer to was a very polite and friendly person. He originally asked $900 for his cards but he did not received any serious offers for the first two weeks he puts its adds on.

Getting shot? What is this this paranoia non-sense?? Obviously, buying an expensive item such as a Titan would require some precautions such as making the transaction in a public area.
Someone is currently selling a GTX Titan for $900 on Kijiji Montreal. Should I call the police?

I guess that the "data" that comes from your imagination is more credible than data that can actually be observed...

I have never and probably will never touch Craigslist selling... with how crazy people act in this day and age just on forums oftentimes, let alone in-person just driving... I can't say I'm compelled to tell someone I'm going to meet them with a several-hundred-dollar item. Yeah, most transactions probably go fine, but that 0.1% that don't? You don't want to be that guy. Online if something goes wrong, at least you didn't get shot, robbed, or attacked (and I see news articles on this all the time online), and the worst that can happen generally is you are out the money if someone tries to scam you.

And regarding a public place, I've heard of people getting robbed inside of McDonald's before by someone walking up to them and leaning over their shoulder while holding a gun inside their jacket against said person's back, then walking out as though nothing happened (and no one really notices because it looks like it's a "friend" saying bye to someone and then walking out). I'm sure some of these people on craigslist have various ways down to a science.

I have never and probably will never touch Craigslist selling... with how crazy people act in this day and age just on forums oftentimes, let alone in-person just driving... I can't say I'm compelled to tell someone I'm going to meet them with a several-hundred-dollar item. Yeah, most transactions probably go fine, but that 0.1% that don't? You don't want to be that guy. Online if something goes wrong, at least you didn't get shot, robbed, or attacked (and I see news articles on this all the time online), and the worst that can happen generally is you are out the money if someone tries to scam you.

And regarding a public place, I've heard of people getting robbed inside of McDonald's before by someone walking up to them and leaning over their shoulder while holding a gun inside their jacket against said person's back, then walking out as though nothing happened (and no one really notices because it looks like it's a "friend" saying bye to someone and then walking out). I'm sure some of these people on craigslist have various ways down to a science.

Just meet up at the local sheriff's/police office. Some local police stations in my area have recommended it.

Thats what a CCW is for :D

It's already up to $900 with over a day to go. It could be legit. I thought it was a "buy it now" item originally.

Still, I wouldn't give $900 to a seller with only 3 feedback.

That article only says that the Titan outsells the GTX 690 which is, by the way, another niche product. It is not surprising to see that the 690 did not sell well since it costs the same as two 680 while being slower.:confused:

Please indicate how this articles indicates that the volume of sold Titan is comparable to more mainstream products such as the GTX 680/670.

Can we agree that a video card that retails for $1,000 is by definition a niche product.

Yes.

Craigslist pricing is not an accurate means of determining market pricing. Plain and simple. Sorry if you don't see it that way.

Back