Geforce 6800GT Grafic Problems? Pics Included.

untitled3.jpg

See the gray line comming from the rear of under part of the car stretching out to the street.

prob1.jpg

See the brown line stretching from the bricks on the right

prob2.jpg

The brown line stretching from the light to the floor

prob3.jpg

This one is obvious.

Is this a video card problem? or a driver problem? These lines appear out of nowhere, sometimes I see them stretching from players guns into the sky or down to the floor. I notice this sometimes on my own gun stretching up or down.

What 's the problem?

Thanks!

Oh, my specs are:

Geforce 6800GT with the drivers that came out of the box
P4 2.4Ghz
1GB Ram
Audigy Sound Card

I have 6.14.10.6121

No, I'm not overclocking; however, this is a BFG OC board--so I think it's already overclocked.

Where do I get 61.72? All i see on the nvidia website is Version: 56.72

that's what my corruption looks like when my r9800 gets too hot. 90F outside, no AC, two crts. :-[

I just installed the 61.76 drivers and the only thing it seemed to fix was that big sheet looking thing, but in that same area I found this little line comming from the lite

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to return this beauty of a card and get something that consumes less power like the ATI 800XT

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to return this beauty of a card and get something that consumes less power like the ATI 800XT

OneSneakYmousE said:
I called BFG and they told me that it sounds like it's a votage problem. My VCORE is at 1.4, and I can't figure out how to get it higher. They told me it should be about 1.6. My MOBO is the Asus P4S533VX

It's a Sony brand. Apperently, someone here-=-scroll to the last post-- http://forums.guru3d.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=72111&highlight=P4S533VX

Umm... VCORE as it's commonly referenced has absolutely nothing to do with your video card. VCORE refers to your CPU's core voltage it would NOT cause your video card to display distorted polygons. :p

This type of artifacting is mostly caused by a GPU that is either overheating or defective, although soemtimes it can be caused by improper BIOS settings on your motherboard.

Enter your BIOS and check for items like the following:

Assign IRQ for VGA/Video/AGP: Enabled
AGP Apeture size: 64MB or 128MB
Init Display First: AGP
AGP Speed/Mode: 4X or 8X
AGP Fast Writes: Enabled (If it's already enabled try disabling it)

Also make sure that you have the latest AGP drivers for your motherboard/chipset installed.

Personally, I think you got a bad card. It's probably got a defective GPU or defective cooling where the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the core causing the GPU to overheat. I'd definately go exchange it... even though exchanging something at Fry's is oh so much fun. ugh.

Just go to Fry's with your receipt say you want a exact item exchange and that you talked with BFG and they told you it was bad due to graphical corruption. In and out in 10 minutes (depending on the return line). I used to work at the one in Arlington.

You've got a defective card my friend. Others have posted the same issues (including myself) in other forums. It seemed like the first batch of the BFG 6800 GT's had some issues. I bought my card from compuplus; I called them and said my card was malfunctioning and they sent me a new one. The new one works awesome.

RMA the card or exchange it! Good luck!

And if Fry's refuses to help BFG has a lifetime warranty so you should be able to get a replacement from them.

just so you know, those errors are memory related, vertex positions in memory get corrupted and a vertex moves out to infinity. I had the same problem on my old gf4 ti4600 when I oced the memory too high, if you aren't overclocking and still get the problem RMA with BFG, it is quick, painless (~5 minutes to get an RMA #) and it will only cost you the shipping to get the card out to them. they also have quick service (1-2 buisiness days turnaround time)

I have the same card and same problem I am just waiting for the ultra then I will take mine back

I'd suggest making sure all your heatsinks and such are properly attached. I read a thread once where some were loose and causing problems like the one you're experiencing because of overheating.

it could just be Nvidia does't have 100% bug free drivers yet. After all the drivers we're using are not 100% bug free and not official yet.

But you can always underclock your card to like 300/1000 or something or 300/900
and if the artifacts are still there. Then have someone else with same card try that same
game with same drivers see if they get the problems.

But if your problems dissapear at 300/900 then the card is bad and RMA it.

OneSneakYmousE said:
Thanks, I'll go exchange it then and give it a try.

How will I know if it's a new batch or if I"m just grabbing another one within the old batch?

Yeah just take it back to Fry's and either get your money back or another card, I have the same card that I also bought at Fry's and I am running it at 400 / 1100 and it works just fine.
Good Luck!!!

OneSneakYmousE said:
See the gray line comming from the rear of under part of the car stretching out to the street.

Is this a video card problem? or a driver problem? These lines appear out of nowhere, sometimes I see them stretching from players guns into the sky or down to the floor. I notice this sometimes on my own gun stretching up or down.

What 's the problem?

Thanks!

Same thing happend to me when I tried out the 61.80's and the 62.01's going back to the 61.72 non whql's fixed it both times.

did you notice any of these problems in 3dmark 2003?

btw, I've been trying all the drivers for the last few days and I can heartily recommend 61.45 as the best for 6800 series

I have a question though, how do I find out what clock speed this card is running at? It's a BFG 6800GT OC, so it's running at a higher clock speed the default right? So how do I find out what speed it's running at? Or what they clocked it too?

Thanks!

OneSneakYmousE said:
I have a question though, how do I find out what clock speed this card is running at? It's a BFG 6800GT OC, so it's running at a higher clock speed the default right? So how do I find out what speed it's running at? Or what they clocked it too?

Thanks!

Easiest way would just be to enable nVidia's built in overclocking tool. You don't have to use it to overclock your card, but it will show you the clock frequencies.

whats the difference between the new card and the old card?

is there a sticker in the middle of the fan on the new card?

You aren't using standby mode on your computer are you? If so disable it, it can cause the card to overheat.

And I assume you reformatted your machine already to get rid of the 9800 leftover?

I have the same problem with my card. I got an RMA number, and I'm returning it to BFG. Somehow I doubt this will fix it.

I have a 350W PSU.

I never use Standby mode.

I got rid of all the ATI drivers from my last card. I went into Control Panel and took out all drivers from there. Then I used Driver Cleaner 3 and took out all the drivers from there--and I did both things on Safe Mode.

Think it's just a BFG issue? I just might pick up a PNY board. Are all the boards made in one place and the companies use their own names? or does each company make their own boards?

I can't believe I got 2 different BFG cards at 2 different stores and have the same problem. The first card was worse than this card though.

:mad:

OneSneakYmousE said:
I have a 350W PSU.

I never use Standby mode.

I got rid of all the ATI drivers from my last card. I went into Control Panel and took out all drivers from there. Then I used Driver Cleaner 3 and took out all the drivers from there--and I did both things on Safe Mode.

Think it's just a BFG issue? I just might pick up a PNY board. Are all the boards made in one place and the companies use their own names? or does each company make their own boards?

I can't believe I got 2 different BFG cards at 2 different stores and have the same problem. The first card was worse than this card though.

:mad:

Have you tried a better PSU like an Antec TruePower 430+? Maybe your PSU isn't putting out enough juice? Two duds in a row does sound rare, especially since you are getting the same prob. Also make sure you have latest mobo bios & drivers.

No other PSU fits in this case since it's a already built pc. I tried fitting a regular ATX 500Watt PSU that I bought, but it didn't fit.

It says on the box I only need 300W min.

Well, it just might be a crappy PSU. Even if you tried this 500W, unless it was a brand name PSU, it still might have had weak lines.

ajm786 said:
Well, it just might be a crappy PSU. Even if you tried this 500W, unless it was a brand name PSU, it still might have had weak lines.

I never had problems with the 9800XT, I read somewhere that the 800XT actually pulls in less power than the 9800XT's--if this is true, then you think this would work better for me? Funny thing is, if you look at their cards, they say you need a Rec.MIN. of 350W PSU for the ATI 800XT and 300W for a Geforce 6800GT-- :confused:

Something is definitely fishy here, and I honestly don't think it's the graphics card causing it. More less either the drivers, power, or some setting in the drivers, Since you've used 2 of the same graphics card and had the same issues.

Have you even tried a clean install to see what happens? Turn off AA and AF? As someone else suggested here, try lowering the clocks to see if it helps.

Your friend is Rivatuner. Use it.

Back