GeForce 600 Roadmap Partially Exposed, GTX 670 Ti Coming in May

Umm he's the owner of one of the biggest video card sellers in UK. Yeah he's legit LOL. He's known to leak stuff.

If it overclocks to comparable 680 or better performance it may be the card for me.

If it overclocks to comparable 680 or better performance it may be the card for me.

For $300 that would be sweet. Not so much for $390. I just can't see how regular 670 would match GTX 680 being priced $90 lower than 670ti. 670ti probably will. And both these predictions are based on unfettered overclocking instead of power limits and all that.

These limits should bug you being on water. We couldnt even max the 680 out proper without modding/soldering our boards.

I've seem rumours that the GTX 690 (a dual GTX 680 card) is out in May too at around $799.

For $300 that would be sweet. Not so much for $390. I just can't see how regular 670 would match GTX 680 being priced $90 lower than 670ti. 670ti probably will. And both these predictions are based on unfettered overclocking instead of power limits and all that.

These limits should bug you being on water. We couldnt even max the 680 out proper without modding/soldering our boards.

yeah the overclocking on the 680 kills it for me in my opinion. doesn't matter if the card is faster then the 7970 but the fact that i can't sit there and screw around with the overclock on a card drives me absolutely insane. Nvidia took all the fun out of overclocking with the 600 series.

Last edited:
You can you just have to modify GPU Voltage by soldering on a VID control because nV doesnt allow enough. Add more capacitors for same reason and fool power limitations set by NVIDIA by adding a bunch of resistors. Basically totally bork/card and your warranty and I'll bet it will be the same with low end. No more taking a budget card well past top enders with a simple bios mod or the like.

Details are here if interested
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682

The prices look fine, For the performance I am expecting its a much better price than AMD is currently offering.
Hopefully they start lowering prices to compete more.

I've seem rumours that the GTX 690 (a dual GTX 680 card) is out in May too at around $799.

I call BS. It is highly unlikely that the dual 680 comes out priced $200 less than 2 680's. It is more likely to be $1100-1200 at start.

Last edited:
You can you just have to modify GPU Voltage by soldering on a VID control because nV doesnt allow enough. Add more capacitors for same reason and fool power limitations set by NVIDIA by adding a bunch of resistors. Basically totally bork/card and your warranty and I'll bet it will be the same with low end. No more taking a budget card well past top enders with a simple bios mod or the like.

Details are here if interested
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1682

I think the non reference cards should be able to fix the card for over clocking. Kingpin had to do a ton of modding to get the card up to speed for serious over clocking. So much easier to work with a HD7970 for over clocking.

So, is the 670 Ti an EXACT replacement of the 580 (as in, basically the same performance)? And the same would go with the vanilla 670 vs (with the 670 being SLIGHTLY faster) 570? IF thats the case, you might as well go with the cheaper 580/570s right now.

I call BS. It is highly unlikely that the dual 680 comes out priced $200 less than 2 680's. It is more likely to be $1100-1200 at start.

I dunno. Usually they are lower clocked, and in most cases they are on par with two of the upper-mid range cards (for example, the 590 was basically two 570s with more shaders and VRAM)

But I agree that $800 might be somewhat optimistic.

Going by this information I guess it looks likely the GTX 670 will be using GK104 and it will likely lose the efficiency battle to Pitcairn (in terms of watts and die size). This creates an interesting situation where AMD might have more flexibility to pressure Nvidia in the larger volume mid-range whereas Nvidia can do so in the high end.

My guess would be since they can cap the clock of the 680 based on power/temp, they'll put a cap on the 670 such that you can't get "equal or better than 680" performance (similar to AMD's CCC clock caps).

So, is the 670 Ti an EXACT replacement of the 580 (as in, basically the same performance)? And the same would go with the vanilla 670 vs (with the 670 being SLIGHTLY faster) 570? IF thats the case, you might as well go with the cheaper 580/570s right now.

Well you will use half the power so no I'd wait if interested in that sorta speed assuming they are direct replacments. They'll probably be 3-5% faster respectively tho.

Nither nV or AMD is really going to give thier mid range users of last generation a reason to upgrade. Look at 6950 nothing AMD has given is worth a crap to up to at same price. You have to want power savings.

I saw 6950s as low as $200 and $240 was going all the time. Stock It beats $259 7850 and can unlock and clock higher than $359 7870. Who would 'upgrade' with these ripoff 7800 prices?

Same goes for nV 448's and 570s have been less than $300 for a long time, Who would 'upgrade' to a 670 for more money and can barley OC?

They only gave the high end ppl, the $500 ppl a reason to upgrade this time out since the high end is 20-30% faster for same price.

Last edited:
End of April/beginning of May sounds like pretty good timing. I'll run off the onboard video on my new Ivy Bridge build for a few weeks in April, and see how the 7870 vs 670 benchmarks play out before picking up a new card. I'd love a 680, but honestly I can't really justify the extra $200 or so at 1920x1200.

Back