GeForce 358.87 WHQL Game Ready drivers out (BLOPS 3)

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
New stuffs just in time for BLOPS 3.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-358-87-whql-driver-released

The new GeForce Game Ready 358.87 WHQL drivers for Call of Duty: Black Ops III are now available to download from GeForce Experience and GeForce.com. With Game Ready optimizations for Treyarch's highly-anticipated fast-paced first-person shooter, our new drivers will give you the best possible experience when battling foes and capturing gameplay footage with GeForce Experience and ShadowPlay.

Game Ready For The Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Call of Duty: Black Ops III arrives this Friday, filled with campaign, co-op, multiplayer, and Zombies content, as well as new graphics features and an updated engine. And next year, developer Treyarch will add modding and map making tools, and custom servers, which will keep people entertained for years to come.

If you're wondering what system you'll require to experience Black Ops III's high-intensity action at a smooth 60 frames per second, check out our "Call of Duty: Black Ops III: Is Your System Ready?" article, where you'll find the answers you seek.

SLI Profiles

In addition to a SLI profile for Call of Duty: Black Ops III, today's new driver contains profiles for other titles, too:

Act Of Aggression - Added DirectX 11 SLI profile
NBA 2K16 - Added DirectX 11 SLI profile
StarCraft II - Updated DirectX 11 SLI profile
Sword Coast Legends - Added DirectX 11 SLI profile
Triad Wars - Updated DirectX 11 SLI profile

GeForce Game Ready Call of Duty: Black Ops III Driver: Download Now

You can download the new GeForce Game Ready drivers for the Call of Duty: Black Ops III through GeForce Experience, our free, essential, game and system-enhancing application, or from the GeForce.com Drivers page. With GeForce Experience you'll also receive 60 FPS Optimal Playable Settings for Black Ops III, and be able to record and stream gameplay with ShadowPlay.

If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers, please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum where our Customer Care team can better assist you.

they should have just combined the Black Ops III and Fallout 4 drivers into 1 driver set...next week's Game-Ready Fallout 4 drivers will probably be the exact same as this set but Nvidia wants the buzz for releasing new drivers for every big game...still no Arkham Knight optimizations in these drivers??

they should have just combined the Black Ops III and Fallout 4 drivers into 1 driver set...next week's Game-Ready Fallout 4 drivers will probably be the exact same as this set but Nvidia wants the buzz for releasing new drivers for every big game...still no Arkham Knight optimizations in these drivers??

Arkham Knight already has game ready drivers released in June :

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1866258&styleid=1

Apparently nvidia thought the game ran great when it was released if they tested it with their new drivers and pronounced them "Game Ready".

/straightface

do these drivers contain the gsync hotfix or has the gsync performance bug been fixed?

Interesting that NBA 2k16 has an SLI profile when 2k15 wasn't able to use SLI at all. Word around the net was that it was not possible due to the game engine used at that time. I guess they must have upgraded/changed engines.
I was going to skip 2k16, but now I may pick it up when steam has a sale.

I am still baffled why each game needs its own drivers to work properly.

Also do nvidia release drivers just to fix non game issues anymore? every release seems to be a game ready driver.

And don't you need to use the dumb geforce experience to run these?

Also do nvidia release drivers just to fix non game issues anymore? every release seems to be a game ready driver.

game ready drivers rarely do anything, it's just pr. 358.59 which wasn't released through the normal channels fixed a gsync performance bug, so that answers your second question.

I'm able to overclock the memory of my GPU again, 355.80 made it so the memory wouldn't OC with MSI Afterburner.

i'm one of a small handful of people here at [H] that will be playing this game, so i suppose i'll update to this driver. thanks for the heads up!

I have a gtx980ti SLI, on my rig this drivers produces 60c idle temp on both cards while I get 42c with previous driver.

Is there someone else with this problem.?

I have a gtx980ti SLI, on my rig this drivers produces 60c idle temp on both cards while I get 42c with previous driver.

Is there someone else with this problem.?

check why your cards aren't down-clocking, mine it's working as usual. (close every browser tab to be sure, specially if you are using hardware acceleration in chrome).

check why your cards aren't down-clocking, mine it's working as usual. (close every browser tab to be sure, specially if you are using hardware acceleration in chrome).

the strange things is that the CPU clock idles as usual by I see a stra 10% GPU usage when in idle when using that driver, that gpu usage produces the higher idle temp.

the strange things is that the CPU clock idles as usual by I see a stra 10% GPU usage when in idle when using that driver, that gpu usage produces the higher idle temp.

that's why I said check for any background activity, specially with browsers. and, well just a reboot to see how the system behave later.

that's why I said check for any background activity, specially with browsers. and, well just a reboot to see how the system behave later.

I have checked it, same activity with previous driver produces no gpu usage when in idle,
with new drivers I have strange gpu activity and higher idle temp.

I installed these last night - system in sig, running Windows 10 x64.

Played a couple hours of Dragon Age Inquisition, no issues at all. Drivers work fine in the desktop as well.

Thumbs up.

I've used these WHQL drivers a full day yesterday and no problems with sli or gsync to report so far.

do these drivers contain the gsync hotfix or has the gsync performance bug been fixed?
Yes, the release notes state that the G-Sync performance fixes introduced in the 358.59 hotfix driver are present in this release.

I checked the release notes and they actually did fix things in this driver. They also added some new and/or missing features.
  • OpenGL 2015 ARB extensions
  • OpenGL ES 3.2 support (based on Khronos)
  • SLI support for ShadowPlay and GameStream in Windows 10
  • Stereo support for DirectX 12 SLI and 3D Surround
"Game Ready" drivers are more or less to cover up or work around issues in the way the programmers coded the rendering path in their games. There are best practices and examples, but there really is no standard to which the industry adheres to when it comes to 3D rendering beyond the API used. 3D rendering has also become quite complex over the years.

I have checked the back activity, no activity I can see uses the GPU,
I don't understand why of this behaviour.

If I reinstall the 358.50 driver my cards idle at 45c,
if I use this driver my cards idle at 60c and I see 20W more on my AC UPS.

Tryed rebooting and reinstalling many times and closing all apps, newer driver has some problems with idling on my rig.

Trying to utilize Shadowplay by saving a clip in Call of Duty: Black Ops III; it frequently, but not always, causes the game to freeze/hang requiring me to force close the game. Often, I am not even able to get as far as to force close the game, because the PC stops responding and I have to force restart the PC.

I have already done an uninstall with a driver clean, then a clean re-install of 358.87 and the issue persists. I'm trying 358.50 again, will report back if I remember.

Trying to utilize Shadowplay by saving a clip in Call of Duty: Black Ops III; it frequently, but not always, causes the game to freeze/hang requiring me to force close the game. Often, I am not even able to get as far as to force close the game, because the PC stops responding and I have to force restart the PC.

I have already done an uninstall with a driver clean, then a clean re-install of 358.87 and the issue persists. I'm trying 358.50 again, will report back if I remember.

You're able to Shadowplay in Black Ops 3? Hm... it is disabled for me.

You're able to Shadowplay in Black Ops 3? Hm... it is disabled for me.

Yeah, but obviously not very well :eek:

I'm running drivers 358.50 right now and so far no issues. It seems like that new overlay pop-up notification in the top right corner when you save save clips in 358.87 might be doing bad things.

Back