Geforce 320.14 beta for Metro Last Light and gains in other games too

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
these are what you want for Metro Last Light but as you can see there are some nice improvements over the last official drivers in several games.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62479

EDIT: btw I think these are nothing more than the 320.00 beta drivers with added Metro Last Light support.

Last edited:
FYI-

Executable errored out after doing a clean install, but NVControl Panel reports 320.14 and there's no uninstall entry in programs/features. Very odd, don't think I've seen that happen before...

Can someone test trine 2 to see if the discoloration bug is still there with everything on high.

Good to know. Would be awesome of someone comes with up with a comparison. Just asking for icing on the cake.
again these are the same drivers as the 320.00 except for adding Metro 2033. you can look in the 320.00 thread and see that others getting the nice boost in Tomb Raider.

Seems the game is pretty well optimized so much that the minimum fps on a 670 is 40-45 fps with all settings maxed without AA. I am hoping my 680 will max it out comfortably. Need SLI or Titan to turn on basic AA and get good frame rates.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/metro-last-light-graphics-breakdown-and-performance-guide

I think this is the most detailed analysis of a game Nvidia has ever published and looks to be a technological masterpiece, hope the game is also good with a solid story like the first one..

Wonder if this fixes the vanishing control panel options bug.

never had that before.

I've got it on 2 machines, it might be a problem with machines running multiple cards (SLI or just dedicated physX). Essentially all of the control panel options with the exception of the Stereo 3D options and audio options vanish until you reboot.

I've got it on 2 machines, it might be a problem with machines running multiple cards (SLI or just dedicated physX). Essentially all of the control panel options with the exception of the Stereo 3D options and audio options vanish until you reboot.

yup, ive had that happen a couple times.
nvdia control panels disappears or just never opens.

Why Nvidia Does this in their latest drivers is out of my reach but here`s what I experience in the drivers after 314.22 WHQL. Whenever I install the driver the color range of my monitor changes completely and I dont get the saturated Blacks and whites that I get when I install the proper driver. I am using a Displayport 1.2 connection with my Pro Art that supports 10 bit Dithering. Can anyone please enlighten me on this issue!...

Why Nvidia Does this in their latest drivers is out of my reach but here`s what I experience in the drivers after 314.22 WHQL. Whenever I install the driver the color range of my monitor changes completely and I dont get the saturated Blacks and whites that I get when I install the proper driver. I am using a Displayport 1.2 connection with my Pro Art that supports 10 bit Dithering. Can anyone please enlighten me on this issue!...
Same here.

Anyone have issues with crashing in Metro: Last Light? It crashes anytime PhysX is enabled and set to "Auto" rather than "CPU-Only"... and even when I change that it still crashes constantly.

I have found out that crashing (at least in my pc), is not graphic card related, but sound card related. I have a sound blaster z. If I use spdif in my sound blaster, metro will crash randomly. If I use my gtx 680 onboard sound, no problems at all.

If you have a sound card, try to use another sound configuration and see if it helps.

Last edited:
Additionally, if you have installed the HDMI Audio Driver from the Driver install package, disable it in the device manager as this has always caused me no end of problems when enabled.

Additionally, if you have installed the HDMI Audio Driver from the Driver install package, disable it in the device manager as this has always caused me no end of problems when enabled.

That really doesn't make any sense unless you have some sort of conflict between your sound card and HDMI output. I use the HDMI sound output on my GTX 670 and never had any issues in my HTPC.

Back