GeForce 310.54 Beta Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that don't mind installing beta drivers on your box, there are new GeForce 310.54 beta drivers out today that, according to NVIDIA, give you a performance bump in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Assassin’s Creed III and a handful of other games. You can grab the Windows Vista/7/8 64-bit drivers HERE and the Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit drivers HERE.

Wasn't nVidia supposed to be releasing some epic Borderlands 2 performance fix/patch with regards to PhysX? Doesn't look like this is it based on those numbers.

Hopefully these are more stable than some of the more recent releases. They've been fine on my 680 SLI rig but my 560 Ti SLI rig has been running into driver crashes at least once a day.

Wasn't nVidia supposed to be releasing some epic Borderlands 2 performance fix/patch with regards to PhysX? Doesn't look like this is it based on those numbers.

I think that was supposed to be on Gearboxes end. It certainly needs it though.

Pretty sure GBX said it was on nVidia's end...sounds like a circle-jerk of passing the blame.

Ah nice NS2 SLI profile. Had hacked one in earlier, but hopefully this will make perf a bit better

Ah nice NS2 SLI profile. Had hacked one in earlier, but hopefully this will make perf a bit better

I saw nearly perfect scaling in NS2 on my GTX580's. It's great. Though it has some microstutter.

welp SLI in hawken definitely doesn't work now and actually makes it worse.. single card 98% load SLI enabled card 1 60% load card 2 10-20% load usually staying closer to 10% than 20%. was working just fine before these drivers.

What's the bug that needs fixed with Physx and BL2? I've not seen anything odd yet.

The fact that it runs like total crap in some areas. It seems both companies have acknowledged there's a problem, but they're both saying that the other is responsible for the fix. :rolleyes:

The fact that it runs like total crap in some areas. It seems both companies have acknowledged there's a problem, but they're both saying that the other is responsible for the fix. :rolleyes:

Im so tired of this game where only the customer loses.

Any positive feedback on these drivers? Want to give them a try but its not looking good so far.

This is probably 310.33 with the additions to those profiles and performance optimizations to those new games. I'll pass since I dont plan to play those games yet for some time.

The BL2 Gearbox patch already happened about 2 weeks ago. I posted it in the last Nvidia driver update thread. Do a search for it, the patch notes from Gearbox stated that they fixed the PhysX issues.

This is probably 310.33 with the additions to those profiles and performance optimizations to those new games. I'll pass since I dont plan to play those games yet for some time.

pretty much, the drivers are only suppose to effect blackops 2 and assassin creed 3 but of course the way they make their change logs it looks insanely miss leading that all the games got a boost from these drivers when in fact most of the changes happened 3 or 4 drivers ago.

There were performance issues with PhysX long before the DLC was released. It was acknowledged by GBX and, to date, it doesn't seem like they have done anything about it. The recent "fix" seems to have nothing to do with performance.

I'm not sure what issues you guys are referring to though, I haven't completed the whole game but I've played a good bit so far, level 20 Gunzerker and the game runs betwen 45-60fps on my overclocked 670 at the PhysX high setting even at 2560x1600 res. Its a given that if you enable the highest settings for PhysX, framerates are going to go down some due to the extra processing. The only major PhysX issue I've heard of was apparently in some of the content area for the Pirate's DLC which Gearbox fixed a few weeks ago with a patch because it was bringing the framerates to a crawl in that area. I think everyone is just expecting the game to run 60-120fps even with all the eye candy on and a single GPU just isn't enough to do that. PhysX in any game has always dragged framerates down which is why so many people have used dedicated PhysX cards in the past. The only thing I can cay with certainty is that even though BL2 looks like it shouldn't be that graphically taxing, it must be because its one of the few games that I own that my Gigabyte WF3 670 actually runs 62-63c under load most other games stay well under 60c so I know whatever its doing, is causing the GPU to work very hard.

With my current drivers and previous ones, ive been getting some static sounds from speakers and lag wgeb watching videos and listening to music. Do you guys know what the problem could be? The soubd lags fot like a second, with static and returns to normal..

I'm not sure what issues you guys are referring to though, I haven't completed the whole game but I've played a good bit so far, level 20 Gunzerker and the game runs betwen 45-60fps on my overclocked 670 at the PhysX high setting even at 2560x1600 res.

No offense, but I don't think you're far enough yet to have seen some of the issues. Specifically, Thousand Cuts is really bad. Running max @ 1920x1080 on my 680 I drop below 30 FPS a large portion of the time, even without a ton of PhysX stuff going on. With a lot of particles it can become borderline unplayable.

No offense, but I don't think you're far enough yet to have seen some of the issues. Specifically, Thousand Cuts is really bad. Running max @ 1920x1080 on my 680 I drop below 30 FPS a large portion of the time, even without a ton of PhysX stuff going on. With a lot of particles it can become borderline unplayable.

Agreed! Its not that it doesnt run at 120 fps ++ Its the fact of the huge dips in FPS that are sooo bad. 680 here as well. 1080p 144hz. Anything above low on physx causes crazy dips. Level 44 Gunzerker. Some of the later parts really get to it.

You guys are talking about two entirely different issues.

The Rustyards area in the Pirate's Booty DLC had awful PhysX performance issues which were fixed in a patch a couple of weeks ago. The most recent patch makes PhysX water rendering look prettier in all of the game, not just the DLC.

I never noticed any PhysX issues outside of the Pirate's Booty problem. Thousand Cuts is fine for me.

Faulting application name: bf3.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x500530ad
Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 9.18.13.1033, time stamp: 0x5081d490

I wonder if this is still a problem for some?

Well, going to roll back to the previous version.

I can't run XSplit and VirtuMVP together anymore. It does this weird stuttering/Matrix glitch thing in every game.
Really disappointed

Fair enough. But why does it have to be a coding issue? Could it be that the PhysX implementation in that area is just much higher than anywhere else causing more GPU processing power? If that's that case, no amount of driver improvement or patch is going to fix that, only more GPU power.

Fair enough. But why does it have to be a coding issue? Could it be that the PhysX implementation in that area is just much higher than anywhere else causing more GPU processing power? If that's that case, no amount of driver improvement or patch is going to fix that, only more GPU power.

Well, considering performance actually got worse for me in that area after some of the initial patches, it seems like they could definitely optimize it better.

still getting better performance out of the 306.97 drivers in bf3..
very annoying considering the claim of "16% increase in bf3"

still getting better performance out of the 306.97 drivers in bf3..
very annoying considering the claim of "16% increase in bf3"

im definitely getting better performance with this driver compared to the WHQL my 670 almost never drops below 60 fps with ultra and 4x msaa

im definitely getting better performance with this driver compared to the WHQL my 670 almost never drops below 60 fps with ultra and 4x msaa

opposite here.
with the 306.97 drivers im seeing 90%+ gpu utilization with an avg of 75fps.
with 310.54 drivers im seeing avg 70% gpu utilization with avg of high 50s fps.

however, im running surround. havent yet tested these drivers on sli on a single monitor.

Back