Geeks.com is Gone!

I received an email telling me effective today geeks.com is officially closed. Not a big surprise but I guess it was unavoidable, I have bought from them in the past but price is king and theirs wasn't always the best.

Thats a shame, I have fond memories of geeks.com from back in the day. But with the likes of newegg and amazon around these days it was inevitable.

Sounds to me like they should just sell their products on that 1000lb Gorilla...

I buy from their store locally and will continue to do so.

That is indeed quite a pity, I was quite the fan of their refurb servers. Anyone else know of a good place for similar metal?

That is indeed quite a pity, I was quite the fan of their refurb servers. Anyone else know of a good place for similar metal?

I liked their refurb servers too, they had decent prices on older enterprise hardware

That sucks. I'm not too surprised given their prices, but I did find some real gems there... got a great deal on my P8Z68-V Pro (before I broke it), and a couple other good MB deals for non-OC builds. Still... sucks.

12 years ago, they had an excellent selection of refurbished / closeout goods, such as the last generation's Logitech Mice, previous generation IBM Thinkpads, etc., and I was quite the customer of theirs.

When they started trying to carry higher end stuff is when they lost their niche.

Sucks.

They had a bunch of cool odd and end stuff.

They also did a great job supporting the local LAN Party community with some of the best swag a 20 man LAN could acquire.

RIP Geeks.com

Now how much do you think that domain name is worth?

MANNNN, they had refurb deals from time to time. I was even gonna grab a few refurb'ed drives there but I guess I'd have to look somewhere else now. :(. RIP geeks!

Fine by me, I ordered stuff from them two different times and never received either item.

Thankfully both of them were inexpensive novelty items anyway .... but I still wonder who got my electric fly zapper....

I remember buying a 24" Soyo LCD Monitor back in the day from geeks.com

Geeks.com had some good stuff from time to time ... but some of their higher-end "deals" on stuff like the GTX 670/680 were really overpriced IMO. However, their older stuff (think GTX 560 Ti/570) was very reasonably priced.

I really liked them, they had good deals on refurbed boards and other items sometimes

Good for some stuff here to here. It is sad one of the major IT sites that came up in the late 90's early 2000's is gone. Not many of them left.

No loss here, we order everything from Evertek, their biz/wholesale side, they are still up. We have several servers bought from them that are still kicking at work. Mostly dual socket Opteron quads/hexes.

They sent me a Westinghouse refurb packaged horribly. So put me on the good riddance list.

I've bought tons of stuff from them over the years, like dozens of orders. I liked that I could get ground next day since it was so close.

The selections of items, especially older stuff and misc junk, had been dwindling over the years and I haven't bought anything from there for the last couple of years.

I'd totally miss it if it were still the old geeks.com we knew and loved, but that store became a thin shell of itself a while ago.

I think evertek.com still has a lot of the same stuff geeks.com had, if you don't mind buying in (posted) minimum quantity. Both have the same parent company.

Thats a bummer. I bought a few things from them but agreed they were kind of pricey. Liked browsing their refurb products though.

No, we need newegg for their product search!

Speaking as another lost Newegg customer, that's the ONLY reason that I'll visit their site for anymore. They have the best feature-filter available. Eventually, I hope the 'Egg takes stock in the opinion of those disappointed customers that PROPELLED them to where they are now and bring their shipping and RMA departments back under control.

eBay. There are a number of good sellers that have 2 and 3 gen old enterprise geat for a song and a dance.

Thats sad to hear, the last thing i ever bought from them was an FX5200, but then i found newegg...

i bought a few things from them. they never really had a great selection on anything, though. i bought a mouse for like $4 & my psu, which was not very expensive.. lol always sad when a business has to shut it's doors, though.

Back