Gears of war worth getting for co-op ??

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
is gears of wars worth getting for co-op online play???
is it worth 29.99 or should i go with something else

No becasue you have to pay for it, last time I checked, pretty lame.

any good co-op online multiplayer games ???

something were you go through levels or play as a team

R6 vegas 2 comes to mine but i dunno if that game is any good or worth it

also i was thinking doing like guild wars or NWN2 if those would be better online ?

RS vegas 1 and 2 are both great for co-op. guildwars is a different kind of game. i wouldn't call it co-op.

If you have a 360 and live you are set. It needs your xbox live tag and links the two together. : )

is gears of wars worth getting for co-op online play???
is it worth 29.99 or should i go with something else

No becasue you have to pay for it, last time I checked, pretty lame.

I believe it's free with a silver account with some limitations

Q> Can I play coop games with a Silver profile?

A. Yes. You can host and play online via the new List Play feature

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=582831

What you cannot do with a silver account, is invite or join a friend through the live interface and join his or her game. You will have to join his or her game through the list play Gears of War browser or join a co-op PUG.

As for the original question is it worth it solely for co-op, I would say no.

The multiplayer (TDM,DM) and modding community is alive and well. There have been numerous SP and MP maps that have been released on Epic's forums

any games out there that offer a rewarding fps multiplayer experince

i have cod 4 ut3 tf2

its a good co op if youve got lan. Ive got 3 PC's in my house and we ran through the game all three of us from start to finish... what an amazing co op game. Very fun. But thats my experience because we had lan, if i was forced to go XBL bleeeeeh no way. I dont know why but someone can just set up a server and everyone connects to that guy. No overhead costs so no need for xbl... see how MS squeezes out the tiny pennies up through yer arse

I almost finished the chole game in co-op mode with a buddy in CO. and I am in ATL.

Single handedly the best co-op game I have ever played, and I didn't pay a dime over the retail price for that experience.

for $30 I say its worth it for sure.

The multiplayer (TDM,DM) and modding community is alive and well. There have been numerous SP and MP maps that have been released on Epic's forums

Just wanted to ask what alive and well is? Whenever I boot up gears to play, there are only ~2-3 servers in ranked/un-ranked combined.

There has never been a healthy online community in this game.

Gears in co-op is a blast, definitely pick it up if you have a friend who also has it. Its multiplayer is also very unique compare to other games, but I'm not sure how big the community is on PC.

Back