Gears of War Reviews/discussion/impressions.

threads like these are essential to the nicaraguan way of life as we know it.

I've read that release date is either the 7th, or the 12th. What is the day I can get it in stores?

This game pisses me off.
Hyped out the ass and still they refuse to provide more information.

We know next to NOTHING about gameplay.

I hate this secret shit, it makes it look like they are hiding something. I refuse to preorder something I know nothing about.

I am going to Mexico for business on Sunday and will be there until next Friday so no GoW until at least Saturday :(.

It ships on the 7th, is guaranteed to be widely available on the 12th. There is no street date on the game so when the store gets it is when they can sell it. Just start calling around on the 8th or 9th looking for someone that got it.

I have fallen for the hype of this game and cant wait to play it! I love the trailer too.

GoW = teh roxxxxxxor
CoD = teh suxxxxoor

Do we really need another WWII shooter? Let's move on with our lives. :D

I can't wait for both games. I loved multiplayer in CoD2 (I would say I kinda own @ that game) so I hope Treyarch doesn't mess with the formula too much. The GoW multiplayer footage they had up for a while @ gametrailers.com looked simply phenomenal. I need to pick it up and see how it plays in my hands:D.

Played Gears way back at E3, fell in love.

Game delivers, buy it or miss out. :eek:

I am so ready for a game to play with my friends on the 360.

I shit you not, I am only buying it because my 360 owning friends are, and up to this point we have only had Halo 2 to play with each other on live. We've all got GRAW, but I personally think the matchmaking sucks, and it's too big of a pain in the ass to get a good game session going.

as far as matchmaking goes on Live, nothing was better than Halo 2.

Jethro, tell all your devs to take notes on that. ;)

that said, I am very excited about the co-op on the game. Can not WAIT for 4v4 team DM.

HAHAHAHA
I thought you were referring to God of War, not Gears of War!

God of War has no equals in the action/adventure genre. Best game in a long long time.

I'm drooling at the thought of a game that finally has really good coop play on the X360.

That's_Corporate said:
HAHAHAHA
I thought you were referring to God of War, not Gears of War!

God of War has no equals in the action/adventure genre. Best game in a long long time.

Actually, Ninja Gaiden > God of War.

theNoid said:
Actually, Ninja Gaiden > God of War.

Agreed. I completed God of War on normal difficulty inside of a week and I never really had trouble with anything. I upped the difficulty after winning and realized that the enemies weren't any smarter or better, their hits just hurt you more.
Ninja Gaiden took me a full 3-4 weeks to win and there's a WORLD of difference in the enemy AI when you crank it up. In fact, for most of the bosses you have to use a totally different strategy. The technique level is much higher, too. In God of War, you're essentially just mashing. In Ninja Gaiden you can try that on "Ninja Dog" mode, but by 1/2 of the way through, you'd better be able to do the Izuna Drop combo and flying dash attack 5 times fast or you're just not going to get anywhere.

Domingo said:
Agreed. I completed God of War on normal difficulty inside of a week and I never really had trouble with anything. I upped the difficulty after winning and realized that the enemies weren't any smarter or better, their hits just hurt you more.
Ninja Gaiden took me a full 3-4 weeks to win and there's a WORLD of difference in the enemy AI when you crank it up. In fact, for most of the bosses you have to use a totally different strategy. The technique level is much higher, too. In God of War, you're essentially just mashing. In Ninja Gaiden you can try that on "Ninja Dog" mode, but by 1/2 of the way through, you'd better be able to do the Izuna Drop combo and flying dash attack 5 times fast or you're just not going to get anywhere.
QTF

PS3 fans are in for a treat with sigma. I cant want for Ninja Gaiden 2 on the xbox360

Domingo said:

Master Ninja mode makes me cry. That is all.

K600 said:
Master Ninja mode makes me cry. That is all.

Yeah, I can't agree more. It's frightening how hard it is...but at the same time it's "fair" hard. The enemies don't cheat, but it's more like every enemy is like battling a good player in a fighting game.
When I see those players atop the rankings and playing on Master Ninja mode I can't imagine the stuff those guys must be capable of. I ranked in the top 3000 and was proud as hell of it. My precision is good. At one time I was in the top 200 Hyper Fighting Street Fighter players in the world (out of 150,000) per the Xbox records. I haven't really run into anything (fighting game wise) that "wows" me in years. However anyone who's doing well in Master Ninja mode of NG and NG:B would absolutely get my jaw to drop.

You guys do know what happens when movies have no screanings before release besides previews and hype?

I kid I kid.... :D

Does everyone think that this game is gonna be hard to buy on Nov. 7? Like, is it going to be possible to walk into a EB games/ Gamestop and just pick it up????

bazylik said:
You guys do know what happens when movies have no screanings before release besides previews and hype?

I kid I kid.... :D

I'd agree with you had I not ALREADY PLAYED THE GAME :D Not the mention nearly every game site that has seen it in action is at a loss for words. All signs point to instant classic.

"Where were you when Gears of War released ?"

craigdeguz said:
Does everyone think that this game is gonna be hard to buy on Nov. 7? Like, is it going to be possible to walk into a EB games/ Gamestop and just pick it up????

Not at those 2 stores. Unless you pre-ordered it, you're likely never going to get any big releases there. They intentionally only order enough to cover their pre-buys. Unless you like paying for things and getting nothing more than an IOU, don't bother.

If you want the game on the 7th, there are MUCH better options. The easiest and best one being a department store like Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc.
They're going to be shipping a TON of this game, so you should have no issue getting it the morning of release if not even a little early. According to Epic, if a store gets it early they can sell it ASAP. Lets also not forget that there are a lot of department stores that are open 24/7.

Beyond the department store route, there's Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Toys R Us, Sam Goody, Sam's Club, Costco, etc. that will all get it on or around the 7th.

Wal-Mart/Target likely won't get theirs until the 12th.

K600 said:

I doubt that, I expect most all stores to get them earlier than the 12th. It ships on the 7th, 5 days shipping is some damned slow shipping.

K600 said:
Gears of War ships on Nov. 7th, so most stores will have GoW by the 9th or 10th (Wal-Mark/Target included). November 12th is just the official "Emergence Day" for Gears of War. MS and the developers are having some special events and tournaments that day.

ClearM4 said:
Gears of War ships on Nov. 7th, so most stores will have GoW by the 9th or 10th (Wal-Mark/Target included). November 12th is just the official "Emergence Day" for Gears of War. MS and the developers are having some special events and tournaments that day.

Exactly. This whole "Emergence Day," on the 12th, shouldn't be confused with the actual launch of the game. Emergence Day is the kick-off of all sorts of events and online tournaments, in promotion of the game.

The 7th cant come soon enough. Also love that fact we don't know much about it so we can actually be surprised. From all those that have played they say we are in for a surprise because not all the maps are like the one they keep showing but are pretty varied..

ClearM4 said:

Jerome36 said:
Exactly. This whole "Emergence Day," on the 12th, shouldn't be confused with the actual launch of the game. Emergence Day is the kick-off of all sorts of events and online tournaments, in promotion of the game.

Wal-Mart typically gets their software at least a few days after everyone else. I'm aware of what the 12th is.

Article said:
Emergence Day, for lack of a better phrase, is a big marketing event. While enjoying a cocktail outside with one of the developers from Epic, he told me that the game launches at game boutiques -- retailers that specialize specifically in videogames, like EB Games -- on November 7. However, major retailers like Target and Walmart aren't slated to get the game until the following week.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/742/742020p1.html

Mmmkay folks, looks like the department stores MIGHT not have it until the 8th or 9th around here BUT stores like Best Buy and Circuit City will have it out there on the shelf on the 7th. The department stores very well could have it even earlier as it just varies on when they get theirs, but I guess it's unlikely.

Well... I ordered a 360... And the one thing that made me consider buying it? Gears of War.

L1ght said:
Well... I ordered a 360... And the one thing that made me consider buying it? Gears of War.
A couple of my co-workers are in the same boat. They are waiting till I get mine to make the choice to buy a 360 or not.

GoW is going to be a system mover for sure.

Played my bi-monthly poker night on Friday. All average Joes and I was surprised to hear them start talking about the 360 and gears. Were a couple of mentions of other consoles but the Nintendo came off as a kids console and the PS3 was too expensive at the moment. They did say that the PS3 was supposed to be much more powerful than the 360, but they hadn't seen anything special from videos yet. Was no mention of the Nintendo controller or PS3 blu-ray which I thought was interesting.

I'll make this clear: NOT MY OPINION, JUST STATING WHAT I HEARD.

Back