Gears of War online help needed!

mattjbak

Gawd
I don't know how people are so good at the game, my strategy is good, my aim seems good, I just can NEVER hit anything, or then I'll have days where I'm extremely good. I worry that the lag is too bad for it to be consistently playable. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem with killing, but I have an excellent connection. Any tips on how to get better from ex PC gamers would be great. I used to be a mouse and keyboard fiend but since I got a 360 + HDTV ive been spending more time with my 360.

Jeff

when doing the circle shotty dance, tilt the shotty up. Its a tip i learned from watching some really good people.

when doing the circle shotty dance, tilt the shotty up. Its a tip i learned from watching some really good people.

that's because you blow their heads off faster then they'll die taking body shots.
One thing i can't figure out is how the hell are people "glitching," i've seen people running with the chainsaw which is impossible! Or do i just suck?
When I say running i mean like when you hold A, well they are running like that with the chainsaw revved. So when they run into me the chainsaw kills me.

By the way, to the original poster hit me up on Xbox Live (Roliath)!

I'm just flat out stupid... I was doing quick matches, now I'm finding custom or hosting and only play in ones with three green bars... things are far far far better... my gamertag is n0rse btw, feel free to friend me anyone, I'm playing a lot.

ive been on almost every night and dont remember people running with the chainsaw reved. I have seen some pretty nice pistol whipping going on though.

I've been playing a lot for a week or so. I'm getting better slowly.

Anybody know how to do a curb stomp while moving away from the dude you are curb stomping? I've seen one dude do it. He is carrying out the action to curb stomp a downed enemy, but he himself moves backwards while doing it. Its funny.

A lot of that is just Gears. This game gets weird when it gets laggy.

All I can say about some of the glitching you see is that a lot of the time you will only see it on your screen. I.E. when you roll away from a chainsaw kill and then explode. On the other guys screen you are right there getting masascred. I don't know what it is, but I've seen more weird crap in this game than I've seen in any before.

Maybe it's because I've played it the most out of any game lately in the last few years, but yeah, lots of weirdness.

i just read all about the glitched of roading running with the chainsaw insta kill and disco stomp its called. Weird but i havent seen any in game of this.

Shoot your gun at a wall and see how long it takes between your button press and the dust of the impact spray. That's how the amount of lag you'll have to compensate for in when you press and where you're aiming when you press. If the difference between your lag and the opponents is very high, do your best to minimize the importance of fast reaction and aim.

Hit them when they're standing still, moving in straight lines, not aware of where you are, or use melee more often(wider angle of hit check makes the position lag you see less significant). Fighting from beyond shotty range makes lag nearly irrelevant in most cases.

The lag is really only an issue in a shotty-on-shotty fight. If you have to fight close up like that, pound with pistol blind-fire and close in, melee to down them, melee again to kill them.

If you're in a shotty-on-shotty fight, stick to blind-fire unless their movement is impeded(unaware, stuck to cover, coming out of a roll, or moving in a straight line for some reason). Aiming slows your reticle too much at close range so it's not recommended unless you're sure he won't be moving out of it. Aiming also slows your movement speed severely, making you an easy target, so you must dodge after an aimed shot, or be able to melee right afterwards. Two aimed shots in a row with a shotgun is suicide.

With all guns, remember that you can let go after starting to aim. It sounds obvious and simple, but in the heat of the moment many people seem to forget this. Especially with the bow. If they're moving too fast to track while aiming, let go to get your reticle moving fast enough to catch up, and then go back to aiming. Center the enemy first, then aim, don't aim and then center it's way too slow.

Back