Gears of War 4

Well it's a 110GB download for another retread of a decade old franchise, artificially locked to Windows 10 and the windows store and with graphics that - while not bad - don't really exceed many DX9 and DX11 titles.

It's like they didn't actually *want* a PC playerbase with all the ways they've hamstrung the game and limited it's market.

I guess I was a bit misleading in how I worded that.

Ranked matches seemed to be an issue on the PC but social matches were not. Prior to the cross-platform conversion, which happened 4 months after release, there was no problem playing social matches on the PC. So it would seem the PC market was at least big enough for healthy online competition.

I don't know why the PC users had such an aversion to Ranked matches but the same holds true now which effectively means that there is almost no way for PC players to play with other PC players.

LOL ok game crashes at launch again the fix is download Sonic Dash from the Windows store "someone posted that on the GOW4 mess boards" that makes the game work. Played for about two hours today still on Ch. 3. This game looks so good but gameplay is alright at times I can only play so longer before I get bored cause it's just waves of the same stuff.

Gears_of_War_4_1_3_2018_8_06_01_AM.png

F*** Microsoft and f*** the developers of this game as it's been nothing but issues ever since it launched. Hell even the preload was nothing but a klusterfuk. I have never had so much trouble with a game and these incompetent cunts have no idea how to keep it working.

F*** Microsoft and f*** the developers of this game as it's been nothing but issues ever since it launched. Hell even the preload was nothing but a klusterfuk. I have never had so much trouble with a game and these incompetent cunts have no idea how to keep it working.
I got it near release and had 0 problems with it. Game looks great and run perfectly.

I got it near release and had 0 problems with it. Game looks great and run perfectly.
Well you live in a fantasy land then as the problems with this game are well-documented and well-known if you look through the forums there. Even at launch the game had tons and tons of issues where it kept reloading itself over and over again. And since the launch both the creators update screwed up the game as well as just a couple of normal Windows updates. And even an Nvidia driver screwed up the game one time where it wouldn't even launch. And then sometimes the actual game update itself will break the game for several days. And that's just talking about getting the goddamn game to launch not even the issues within the game itself. And it's sometimes several days or even weeks before issues are fixed. Hell the last time the game got f***** up it said I had to repair it but then it actually just reinstalled it over and over again very much similar to the preload original launch of the game. Again there is complaint after complaint on that Forum with the same exact issues that I had and even the developers acknowledge those issues. You saying you had zero issues is laughable as hell.

I've been playing this game for the last two months. Apart from one of their recent update where they made you re-download the entire game client again, the game ran flawlessly for me. I no longer play after finishing single player campaign though. Great looking game with nice graphic features and great performance.

Well you live in a fantasy land then as the problems with this game are well-documented and well-known if you look through the forums there. Even at launch the game had tons and tons of issues where it kept reloading itself over and over again. And since the launch both the creators update screwed up the game as well as just a couple of normal Windows updates. And even an Nvidia driver screwed up the game one time where it wouldn't even launch. And then sometimes the actual game update itself will break the game for several days. And that's just talking about getting the goddamn game to launch not even the issues within the game itself. And it's sometimes several days or even weeks before issues are fixed. Hell the last time the game got f***** up it said I had to repair it but then it actually just reinstalled it over and over again very much similar to the preload original launch of the game. Again there is complaint after complaint on that Forum with the same exact issues that I had and even the developers acknowledge those issues. You saying you had zero issues is laughable as hell.

Bummer. Got it at launch as well, played it all the way thru co-op with a friend with no issues. Surprised at the excellent SLI support for a change! Hope you get it working, was a decent amount of fun.

Yup. This game has a perfect (almost 100%) multi-GPU (not SLI to be exact) scaling.
This game is hard to fault except for the fact that being distributed exclusively on Microsoft Store.

I had no issues with it. It's also conveniently cross-buy, so buying it via Windows also nets you the game on the Xbox, too. The Xbox One X version of the game looks about 90% the same as the PC version, and I'm not even exaggerating.

The issues with the game are well-documented and there are plenty of threads about it on the Forum so you people claiming to never had an issue must have been lucky as hell to have played during periods when the game was functioning properly.

Last edited:
Yeah, because everyone has the same issues in the world of PC gaming...:rolleyes:

Yeah, because everyone has the same issues in the world of PC gaming...:rolleyes:
You can roll your goddamn eyes all you want but it doesn't change the fact about the game itself having issues. I edited my comment to say the people were lucky to play during a time when the game was functioning properly if they did not have issues.

You can roll your goddamn eyes all you want but it doesn't change the fact about the game itself having issues. I edited my comment to say the people were lucky to play during a time when the game was functioning properly if they did not have issues.

I get your frustration but the problem actually lies with the Microsoft Store. Crashing at launch and the way updates are handled point to an issue with the Microsoft Store.

Rather than read complaints on the Gears Forum, which won't be helpful, try looking up solutions to MS Store issues. I've had to do a couple of the solutions online (fixing the app cache XML, using the MS provided tool for fixing Store issues, downloading Sonic Dash as Comixbooks mentioned, etc..). The types of issues I've had relate to Store issues as it would also affect my Cuphead and Forza 3 installations not just Gears 4. Look at your Windows Event Log to point you in the right direction.

The MS Store is a hot mess but Gears 4, when it launches properly after fussing with Store issues, actually works perfectly fine and has since it came out over a year ago.

I get your frustration but the problem actually lies with the Microsoft Store. Crashing at launch and the way updates are handled point to an issue with the Microsoft Store.

Rather than read complaints on the Gears Forum, which won't be helpful, try looking up solutions to MS Store issues. I've had to do a couple of the solutions online (fixing the app cache XML, using the MS provided tool for fixing Store issues, downloading Sonic Dash as Comixbooks mentioned, etc..). The types of issues I've had relate to Store issues as it would also affect my Cuphead and Forza 3 installations not just Gears 4. Look at your Windows Event Log to point you in the right direction.

The MS Store is a hot mess but Gears 4, when it launches properly after fussing with Store issues, actually works perfectly fine and has since it came out over a year ago.

Which is why its easier to just avoid the Windows Microsoft Store (or whatever they're calling it this week) like the plague. There is zero reason to buy games from MS's idiotic sandbox.

Which is why its easier to just avoid the Windows Microsoft Store (or whatever they're calling it this week) like the plague. There is zero reason to buy games from MS's idiotic sandbox.
Yeah I thought about buying Recore since I kind of enjoyed the demo and then I got to thinking about all the aggravation with Gears of War 4. Also on one of the creators updates, it messed-up Quantum Break too and turned it into a stuttering mess. I assume they finally fix that but I got tired of waiting and just went ahead and bought the steam version of the game cuz it wasn't worth fooling with anymore on the Microsoft store. It blows my mind that these incompetent f**** are the ones that make our operating system.

I had no issues with it. It's also conveniently cross-buy, so buying it via Windows also nets you the game on the Xbox, too. The Xbox One X version of the game looks about 90% the same as the PC version, and I'm not even exaggerating.
I have not seen XBOX One X version of this game. But from what I heard, XBOX One X version actually has improved shadow making it a better looking game compared to PC version. This improvement is not applied to PC version.

With regards to the Windows Store (it's called Microsoft Store these days), the only thing you have control over is what drive you want the game to be installed on (note drive, not folder). Being able to back up your game and/or restore your games from existing data is a basic feature of every PC gaming service. Steam, Origin, Uplay, GoG and Battle.net all have the feature of being able to discover if you have any existing files before it builds a database of the files it needs to acquire from the server. Steam goes a step further by allowing you to create an actual compressed back-up of the game (if you choose to do so) to store away for later use.

Every game you download is tied to that specific install of Windows. So even if you were to download and install to a non-os drive, say D:, when you re-install Windows that game data is useless. Naturally that also prevents you from moving the data from your desktop to laptop for example.
What's even more hilarious is the XBOX One actually works in the opposite manner where you can install to an external drive and take that data to any other XBOX for use once you sign in to your account (or insert the disc)

The issues with the game are well-documented and there are plenty of threads about it on the Forum so you people claiming to never had an issue must have been lucky as hell to have played during periods when the game was functioning properly.

The issues are well documented but remember: Every PC is different. Its rare that problems effect everyone the same way, or at all. People with problems are more likely to be the ones posting to forums, especially support forums. So, even big problems (which this definitely is) get amplified by the fact that people not have issues not talking about it. Even the people who say "it works fine for me" are going to be in the minority. Its very rare that a problem effects everyone playing a PC game.

Visit any tech support forums (GoW4 tech support forum for example) for PC games and you'll realize that every single PC game has issues and they are "well-documented" in the forum.

The issues are well documented but remember: Every PC is different. Its rare that problems effect everyone the same way, or at all. People with problems are more likely to be the ones posting to forums, especially support forums. So, even big problems (which this definitely is) get amplified by the fact that people not have issues not talking about it. Even the people who say "it works fine for me" are going to be in the minority. Its very rare that a problem effects everyone playing a PC game.

Visit any tech support forums (GoW4 tech support forum for example) for PC games and you'll realize that every single PC game has issues and they are "well-documented" in the forum.

The ignorant comments need to stop. The issues had NOTHING to do with anyone's pc and you would know that if either of you had a fucking clue about what you are talking about. Most of the issues I am talking about impacted everyone trying to play at those times as AGAIN it was the game itself. And AGAIN if you did not get any issues then you simply happened to play at a time when the game was working fine.

The ignorant comments need to stop. The issues had NOTHING to do with anyone's pc and you would know that if either of you had a fucking clue about what you are talking about. Most of the issues I am talking about impacted everyone trying to play at those times as AGAIN it was the game itself. And AGAIN if you did not get any issues then you simply happened to play at a time when the game was working fine.

Dude. Take a deep breath and chill the fuck out. You're never going to get anyone to give a damn about your point if you keep throwing a fit when someone disagrees with you.

Dude. Take a deep breath and chill the fuck out. You're never going to get anyone to give a damn about your point if you keep throwing a fit when someone disagrees with you.
Well it's pretty hard to be calm when I keep seeing ridiculous bullshit posted here. The issues I am talking about where when the game was literally broken for EVERYONE.

FACT: the game had pre load issues resulting in continuous downloading of the game
FACT: the creators update broke the game for a while
FACT: an Nvidia driver broke the game for a while
FACT: even an update to the game broke the game causing everyone to have to re download the game. and when this happened many if not most got the same issue as during the pre load resulting in the game just downloading over and over

Now those are the ones I know impacted everyone breaking the game at those times and sometimes taking weeks to fix. There may even be others and that does not even get into all the issues that impacted gameplay as I am just talking about the game being flat out broken at times.

Well it's pretty hard to be calm when I keep seeing ridiculous bullshit posted here. The issues I am talking about where when the game was literally broken for EVERYONE.

FACT: the game had pre load issues resulting in continuous downloading of the game
FACT: even an update to the game broke the game causing everyone to have to re download the game. and when this happened many if not most got the same issue as during the pre load resulting in the game just downloading over and over

Now those are the ones I know impacted everyone breaking the game at those times and sometimes taking weeks to fix. There may even be others and that does not even get into all the issues that impacted gameplay as I just talking about the game being flat out broken at times.

And not everyone ran into them. Yes, it is possible that people simply played when it was working. That's a fair point, but the moment someone said they had no problems you threw a fit about it.

And not everyone ran into them. Yes, it is possible that people simply played when it was working. That's a fair point, but the moment someone said they had no problems you threw a fit about it.
I made it clear that if you did not have problems then you were lucky to play at a time the game was working fine. When I went nuts is on the bullshit that this had a god damn thing to do with anyone's pc or that this was just some normal game bug like any other game. Taking weeks to fix when a game will not even launch or having to re download it over and over is NOT a normal issue. Even the damn devs were lost as hell when their game would get broken.

I made it clear that if you did not have problems then you were lucky to play at a time the game was working fine. When I went nuts is on the bullshit that this had a god damn thing to do with anyone's pc or that this was just some normal game bug like any other game. Taking weeks to fix when a game will not even launch or having to re download it over and over is NOT a normal issue. Even the damn devs were lost as hell when their game would get broken.

Much later, you said that. The first time someone told you that they had no problems you told them that they live in a fantasy land and that is is "laughable as hell" that they didn't have any problems. Your anger at MS' horrible handling of literally everything about the Windows Store and pc games is totally justified. The piece of shit store gives me hell anytime I try to download anything these days (amusingly, it worked just fine for me early on).

I bought this game at launch and it's had it hiccups for me. I hadn't played it for months and tried it the other day and it would just crash to desktop. After a reinstall it worked fine but geez that's a huge download. I use the Microsoft Store a lot, with the Bing points there's freebies that come easy, got Cuphead through there.

I've gotten several games via the MS store with no issues. Gears Remaster, Gears 4, Killer Instinct, Forza, and Cuphead.
I typically run 'em in Steam using this: https://www.onmsft.com/news/uwphook-will-add-your-windows-store-games-to-steam

In the case of Gears 4, I uninstalled it after the Xbox One X came out (that version does 1080p/60 and it has HDR) but the only "issue" I had prior to that involved achievements not triggering. Then all of a sudden one time I popped in and they all triggered at once. That's literally the only issue I ever had. Details cranked, 4K, render set to 70%. That essentially locked my FPS at 60 with maybe 1-2 drops below in specific situations. Completed the game beginning to end twice that way.
If they broke the game, it has to have happened after mid November OR it isn't universal. Simple as that.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get gears of war 4 for pc?

Now those are the ones I know impacted everyone breaking the game at those times and sometimes taking weeks to fix. There may even be others and that does not even get into all the issues that impacted gameplay as I am just talking about the game being flat out broken at times.
LOL. Everyone, huh? Broken my ass.
Get your facts straight. As I said earlier I only experienced the fourth one where one of their recent update made me re-download the entire 100GB+ game client again. But thanks to 1Gbps FTTH I'm using, it wasn't a much of an issue for me.

LOL. Everyone, huh? Broken my ass.
Get your facts straight. As I said earlier I only experienced the fourth one where one of their recent update made me re-download the entire 100GB+ game client again. But thanks to 1Gbps FTTH I'm using, it wasn't a much of an issue for me.
Clearly you have trouble with basic reading comprehension so work on that before mouthing off about me getting my facts straight. Everything I said was 100% fact and when the game messed up, it messed up for everyone at those times just like I fucking said. Just because you only experienced the last major fuck up that the game had does not mean the other things I said was not true. As I have said over and over, if you played it fine then it was simply at a time that the game was working correctly. That changes NOTHING about the times that the game was indeed broken. Apparently that must be real hard for you to comprehend though.

Clearly you have trouble with basic reading comprehension so work on that before mouthing off about me getting my facts straight. Everything I said was 100% fact and when the game messed up, it messed up for everyone at those times just like I fucking said. Just because you only experienced the last major fuck up that the game had does not mean the other things I said was not true. As I have said over and over, if you played it fine then it was simply at a time that the game was working correctly. That changes NOTHING about the times that the game was indeed broken. Apparently that must be real hard for you to comprehend though.
Talk about your self-documentary. Lol.

I've been playing this game for the last two months. Apart from one of their recent update where they made you re-download the entire game client again, the game ran flawlessly for me. I no longer play after finishing single player campaign though. Great looking game with nice graphic features and great performance.
Ahem.

Talk about your self-documentary. Lol.

Ahem.
Thanks for only backing up what I said about your piss poor reading comprehension and showing how ignorant you truly are about this game. The game has been out for well over a year and you just encountered the latest issue that lasted a few weeks and you admittingly had to re install the game just like everyone else. The other issues happened well before the last two months so of course you did not encounter them as you did not even play the game then. At this point someone as fucking clueless as you is not worth replying to so knock yourself out and get the last word with yet another asinine reply.

Last edited:
Thanks for only backing up what I said about your piss poor reading comprehension and showing how ignorant you truly are about this game. The game has been out for well over a year and you just encountered the latest issue that lasted a few weeks and you admittingly had to re install the game just like everyone else. The other issues happened well before the last two months so of course you did not encounter them as you did not even play the game then. At this point someone as fucking clueless as you is not worth replying to so knock yourself out and get the last word with yet another asinine reply.
Then, don’t. Lol. Nobody is forcing you.
Good luck with the troubleshooting and get your game working. Whinng here by swearing and insulting MS/developer won’t make your game run.
Once you can get the game running fine, I’m pretty sure you will enjoy this game.
I just fired it up again, and the game runs great! :-D

Guys,
this is a PM I just received from misterbobby. I now started feeling sorry for this guy.
6GCy7rx_d.jpg

I don't think it is worth getting upset over...not that game and series Lol. Maybe first couple were kinda cool then after that just I don't know.....

Guys,
this is a PM I just received from misterbobby. I now started feeling sorry for this guy.

The only person you should feel sorry for is yourself. You lack even the most basic of reading comprehension and continue to make a fool of yourself with your idiotic comments. The crap you keep posting does NOTHING to change the facts I said about the game yet in that feeble brain of yours it does. Even someone with an IQ bordering on retardation could figure out that having the game for only two months does not mean the game did not have issues before that. And you did encounter the last major issue that happened in the last two months and admitted so. Maybe get someone a little smarter than you to explain that things that happened before you played the game would of course have no impact on you.

Back