Gears of War 4

While I am interested in the cross play feature my biggest concern is will the games being released this way have proper PC ports, half assed ports like Quantum Break and Gears of War Ultimate or will they run off of an XB1 emulator?

I hope it's a great port, and I hope Windows Store gets their shit together. This game looks amazing graphically, even on Xbone.

80GB. The texture quality at 4K better justify that amount of space.

People all over are also losing their collective mind over the recommendation of an SSD. It's hilarious.

If it's anything like the remake of GOW #1, playing at 4K isn't gonna happen for most of us anyway. I get FPS in the 40's with my 1080.

If it's anything like the remake of GOW #1, playing at 4K isn't gonna happen for most of us anyway. I get FPS in the 40's with my 1080.
Gow4 is averaging 84fps at 3440×1440 with gtx 1080. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Last edited:
Gow4 is averaging 84fps at 3440×1440 with gtx 1080. Looking forward to giving it a go.

If the final version holds up, that's fantastic! Even with vsync that should lead to a very comfy 60fps with minimal/no drops.
I might even be able to convince my wife to play with the split screen option.
I'm very much looking forward to this now.

Here is the official trailer for the game, looks good and Cole Train is back.. WHOOO!

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I hear Nvidia is bundling the game with the GTX 1080 and 1070...should be a nice DX12 showcase (hopefully)

Holy crap...just noticed the 80GB space requirement. I'll have to kill off 2-3 other games to make this one fit.

like this
Last edited:
This plus 80 gigs should be potential warnings to PC gamers on this.

Besides having to go to Windows 10 if you don't want to and being married to the MS Store, too, that is.

I don't know if the large file size is anything to be that scared of considering the audio is most likely uncompressed CD quality files and the native resolution for the textures is 4K. I downloaded the game last night and now I have the Gears of War 4 icon mocking me on my desktop.

like this
I wonder if it'll eventually come to Steam like Quantum Break...

Seeing Quantum Break make the move raised my hopes. Hey, it just means that much more sales for the game to have it on that huge and robust platform.

OC3D :: News :: Gears of War 4 will have "Insane" Settings on PC :: Gears of War 4 will have

Devs are learning: If your PC game is a shit port, just claim it's graphically future-proof to avoid the avalanche of refunds a la Arkham Knight.

Lol. How can it be a 'shit port' if it's UWP? It's the same code on the Xbox One as it is on Windows 10. Nothing to port.

It seems like they are simply releasing the game with as much uncompressed/high-res assets as possible because that's what they worked with. Why box the game up and ship it using less than that just so gamers can 'max' out the settings with current hardware?

Lol. How can it be a 'shit port' if it's UWP? It's the same code on the Xbox One as it is on Windows 10. Nothing to port.

It's actually not the same code. Xbox One version is its own proprietary thing like always (not UWP), and the PC version is just UWP-wrappered Win32.

Last edited:
I cant even pre load the damn thing. It shows up on the downloads and updates page and says "error see details". I get error code 0x803F8007 when I click on that after it says acquiring license.

I cant even pre load the damn thing. It shows up on the downloads and updates page and says "error see details". I get error code 0x803F8007 when I click on that after it says acquiring license.

Do you have the latest updates installed? On the official Gears 4 forum they say you need to update to Windows Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.

Do you have the latest updates installed? On the official Gears 4 forum they say you need to update to Windows Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.
Yes as do most other people having download issues. I am wondering if the key I have is one of those revoked keys from Amazon. How the heck do I find out? What is the point of the error code when I have no idea what it means or who to ask?

Last edited:
so Amazon was selling fake keys with their GPU's?...how did this happen?...Amazon is usually very easy to deal with so can't they just send you another key?

Back