Gears of War 4 - 103GB why

It included all the DLC and you need a code to activate it without having to download anything either that or the 4k textures.

Ok.

Does the 4k textures make a difference even if I don't have a 4k monitor ?

yes it does, upgraded textures are not related to monitor resolution but the size of the texture they are noticeable at any given resolution, providing upgraded quality visuals or just being more sharp and crispy.

I am trying the free trial on Gears of War 4 why is it 103 GB ?

I griped about the same thing. Shitty Comcast keeps me on 1TB a month and downloading the free trial would have ate up 1/10 of my monthly allowance. Fuck that. I want to try the SP but not THAT badly.

Ughhhhh, I'm so sick of M$ pandering to Big ISP's pockets, just lining them with money, makes me furious!! And why can't they compress the textures of a graphically intense game to less than 10GB? WTF? I could probably zip the game smaller, lmao. And another thing, greedy M$ is also lining the pockets of 4k monitor manufacturers by forcing 4k textures down my throat!

Does the 4k textures make a difference even if I don't have a 4k monitor ?
No, you can only see 4k textures on a 4k monitor... if you have a 1080p screen then you need to download the 1080p version of the game, which should be 25.75GB... if you don't see the download link just send an email to the devs asking for it... I asked them for the SD version of the game and it downloaded in less than a minute, which is great because my cellphone wifi bandwidth is not so wide...

I could probably zip the game smaller
It's true, if you look at the raw 4k textures, you'll see they are completely uncompressed 32-bit and scaled up about 4 times from a smaller resolution (1000x1000). then they add noise so conventional compressed algorithms can't handle them well. you could remove the noise by applying a melting plastic effect in paint shop pro, then export them to 4-bit animated gifs. I estimate the game would end up being around 5gb and look just as good

I griped about the same thing. Shitty Comcast keeps me on 1TB a month and downloading the free trial would have ate up 1/10 of my monthly allowance. Fuck that. I want to try the SP but not THAT badly.

Lucky. I pay $134 a month and only get 500gb. next step up is $175

Ughhhhh, I'm so sick of M$ pandering to Big ISP's pockets, just lining them with money, makes me furious!! And why can't they compress the textures of a graphically intense game to less than 10GB? WTF? I could probably zip the game smaller, lmao. And another thing, greedy M$ is also lining the pockets of 4k monitor manufacturers by forcing 4k textures down my throat!
Yes I am sure MS is in cahoots with ISP to destroy people's data caps with game downloads. Take off that tin hat.

And to add insult to injury, every time there is a patch the store wants to download the whole game again. I was beginning to wonder where all my SSD space was going... Got sick of it and just uninstalled the game. Maybe, if Comcast gets rid of their ridiculous data caps, I'll try it again.

Back