Gears of War 2

phongus

Limp Gawd
what do you guys think about it so far. i liked the first one but we'll see how the second one goes. opinions?

I think this game is going to have all the great elements of the first one, combined with all the things that we should have seen in UT3... but didn't.

For example, there has been demonstrations of how the new UT engine can handle lots of players and enemies all at once... something UT3 Warfare was supposed to feature. Originally they talked about massive maps and landscapes with huge teams (like 32v32) doing battle in the Warfare type. There was a lot of hype concerning this... then Epic never delivered.

But I'm willing to bet we will see something like it in GoW2. The online/co-op/multiplayer will probably feature large teams... in the first one, everyone on your team (unless in co-op mode) was controlled by AI. But in the second one, I bet we'll see the ability to have people join up on your team and do large scale multi-player co-op play. I'm also will to beat we will see some pretty huge maps.

Epic really needs to save face right now, and I think they are going to go all out with GoW2.

Besides Left 4 Dead, this is the only other game I want this year. Gears was a fantastical, cinematic gaming experience and it played like a James Cameron film. 2 is rumored to be much longer, bigger, and have more vehicles (aircraft) involved. I'm crossing my fingers for 4 player co op campaign.

If all the elements are in place, Gears2 could easily be 'the' must own game across all platforms for 2008. And thats saying a lot.

If all the elements are in place, Gears2 could easily be 'the' must own game across all platforms for 2008. And thats saying a lot.

Too bad this is coming from the company that just released a flaming pile of crap with UT3. GoW2 is hype in its most pure form right now. There is basically no information about the game, no gameplay shots, and the creators have done nothing but release crap and talk smack, yet people are drooling for the :rolleyes:

Resistance 2 would likely be considered 'the' must have game of the year by most logical people. Insomniac > Epic Games, duh! ;)

day 1, midnight purchase for me. Sight unseen.

I luh-ved the first one.

That's a good way to get burned. Sequels usually aren't as good as the original. Have patience and wait for a demo are at least some reviews.

Too bad this is coming from the company that just released a flaming pile of crap with UT3. GoW2 is hype in its most pure form right now. There is basically no information about the game, no gameplay shots, and the creators have done nothing but release crap and talk smack, yet people are drooling for the :rolleyes:

Resistance 2 would likely be considered 'the' must have game of the year by most logical people. Insomniac > Epic Games, duh! ;)

Resistance 2? :rolleyes:

That's a good way to get burned. Sequels usually aren't as good as the original. Have patience and wait for a demo are at least some reviews.

I'm willing to take the risk. I liked Gears enough that they could release the same game as the first was, but with a furthering of the story and I wouldn't care one bit. Graphics were fine, I'm sure they'll be better, but I'm not worried about them.

That said, my wish list includes:
- 4-person co-op

- Multiplayer lobby that doesn't suck ass. (Seriously, copy Halo 3, COD4, or even Quake 4, for the love of god)

- Slightly tighter controls

and really thats it.

I'm willing to take the risk. I liked Gears enough that they could release the same game as the first was, but with a furthering of the story and I wouldn't care one bit. Graphics were fine, I'm sure they'll be better, but I'm not worried about them.

That said, my wish list includes:
- 4-person co-op

- Multiplayer lobby that doesn't suck ass. (Seriously, copy Halo 3, COD4, or even Quake 4, for the love of god)

- Slightly tighter controls

and really thats it.

x2 on the midnight purchase and I agree with your list.

I would add:

--at least 8v8 multiplayer

--some sort of vehicles

--don't screw up my torque bow

I'll admit, I don't see what was so great about GOW1. I played it through, and actually never got around to beating it as I lost interest. It seemed very redundant to me... but I'm open to the idea that I'm missing something here.

I'll admit, I don't see what was so great about GOW1. I played it through, and actually never got around to beating it as I lost interest. It seemed very redundant to me... but I'm open to the idea that I'm missing something here.

Co-op. I played through most or all of it with one friend or another. I don't think I played anything but maybe the training level alone.

Made it tons more fun for me.

I'll be excited to see more enemies on screen, and chainsaw dueling? how awesome is that going to be if they do it well?

Co-op. I played through most or all of it with one friend or another. I don't think I played anything but maybe the training level alone.

Made it tons more fun for me.

That makes sense... I was playing it on the PC. Co-op would have been awkward at best. :D

While 4 player coop would be a nice change, I doubt it will happen. The Conflict series went from 4 to 2. Conflict Global Terror was 4 person coop, now Conflict Denied Ops is only 2 player. Big disappointment. 4 player coop was the only reason the game was worth getting.

Back