GBT X99 UD3P Motherboard Sleep Bug?

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
Have been using the GBT X99 UD3P Mobo with a 5820k oc'd stable to 4.2 over the past month or so, I have noticed that memory performance seems to decrease every time I wake from sleep and sometimes wake from sleep just fails. This is because the NB/Cache frequency gets fixed to 2.4 Ghz on resume and never goes higher (should go to 3.0 Ghz on auto and I have set it to 4.0 on uncore without issue). I've tried every combination of setting possible and also reverted the bios to F2a to no avail.

Sleep only works normally if I set everything (including memory frequency) to default, enable any OC setting whatsoever and the cache frequency does not come back to normal upon sleep.

So running everything at stock now as I need S3 sleep to work.

Anyone else encountered something similar?

Found a semi workable solution: upping the turbo frequencies across the board will help you OC a little bit I was able to get to 3.8/4.0, but everything else has to be left on auto including the RAM which sucks majorly. Just going to leave it at 3.8 /rest auto for now (uses 1.2v at 4.0 which is not needed). GBT pls fix the cache frequency/sleep bug ASAP!

More than one way to skin a cat I suppose, turns out the cache frequency behaves well as long the core multiplier is not set to anything but default for both cpu and ram. So just set all the turbo multipliers to 40 and vcore to 1.125v for a stable 4.0 OC. Also OC'd RAM by reducing the latency from 15-15-15-36 @ 1.2v to 11-11-11-30 @ 1.35v, while maintaining the 2133 default freq which seems to be a key factor for stability. Latency is the same now as 2666 CL15, just off on the raw bandwidth by a few, probably irrelevant. X99 overclocking is pretty involved :)

Have been using the GBT X99 UD3P Mobo with a 5820k oc'd stable to 4.2 over the past month or so, I have noticed that memory performance seems to decrease every time I wake from sleep and sometimes wake from sleep just fails. This is because the NB/Cache frequency gets fixed to 2.4 Ghz on resume and never goes higher (should go to 3.0 Ghz on auto and I have set it to 4.0 on uncore without issue). I've tried every combination of setting possible and also reverted the bios to F2a to no avail.

Sleep only works normally if I set everything (including memory frequency) to default, enable any OC setting whatsoever and the cache frequency does not come back to normal upon sleep.

So running everything at stock now as I need S3 sleep to work.

Anyone else encountered something similar?

Hello Undertaker, have you tried the latest beta bios F2b on Gigabyte website.
I think they has added the solution on this bios version F2B.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5283#bios

Thanks.

This issue was with F2B to begin with: GBT has accepted the bug and forwarded to engg. team. Actually found a way around the bug: do not change the core multiplier ratio and set all turbo frequencies to desired value i.e. 40 in my case.I am now able to OC a little to 4.0 Ghz on my 5820k. I cannot change the core multiplier or the ram multiplier else the bug returns but I am able to change vcore to the optimum value of 1.125v for my processor at 4.0 and OC the ram by reducing the latency values to 10-10-10-30 @ 1.35v vdimm. Nonetheless this is a bios bug that needs to be fixed.

This issue was with F2B to begin with: GBT has accepted the bug and forwarded to engg. team. Actually found a way around the bug: do not change the core multiplier ratio and set all turbo frequencies to desired value i.e. 40 in my case.I am now able to OC a little to 4.0 Ghz on my 5820k. I cannot change the core multiplier or the ram multiplier else the bug returns but I am able to change vcore to the optimum value of 1.125v for my processor at 4.0 and OC the ram by reducing the latency values to 10-10-10-30 @ 1.35v vdimm. Nonetheless this is a bios bug that needs to be fixed.

Hello, I have this board X99-UD3P on my side, yes, i see the problem on bios F2b.
I write to Gigabyte and they got me the bios F2c and it work for me.
Maybe you can check Gigabyte to check and ask for bios F2c to check.
Thanks.

Hi, can you just upload that bios to a sharing/download site where I can grab it? Thanks.

I don't have any resources website for upload and download.
I assure you can get the latest beta bios F2c from Gigabyte for this model.
Thanks.

Hi pchealth, thanks very much for your reply. If you can just email me the file at sidm20014 @gmail.com, that would be great. I have also written to GBT and am awaiting their reply. Thanks again.

Thanks a ton to pchealth and GBT support, got the F2C bios a couple of weeks ago but only got time to test it last night. Cache freq/sleep bug is gone. My RAM is now at 2133 10-10-10-30 CR2 with 1:1 core:cache at 4.0 Ghz. Memory throughput and latency are both excellent. If anyone needs this bios, send a note.

Gigabyte has honestly gone to shit in recent years - their BIOS team regularly lets sleep and boot bugs through.

ty, flashed it and not getting the bug
Why doesnt gigabyte just put this on the site?

I'm not sure if this is a bios bug or not but sometimes when I put the comp to sleep, it wakes right back up again and shows the post screen and reboots, almost liked it crashed going into sleep mode. It doesnt happen everytime.

Last edited:
Make sure that your cache freq is not too high. I do not like running my vcache/core over 1.125v and had to lower the cache freq to 3.6 Ghz at that voltage as it would sometimes fail to wake from sleep at 4.0 Ghz cache. The cpu is still at 4.0 Ghz though. One more thing: while the cache OC is now stable, the freq is always the same i.e. 3600 Mhz and does not scale up and down like on auto. Not too worried since 3600 is still pretty reasonable. With the RAM at 2133 CL10 and cache at 3600 Mhz, my memory performance is better than what I would get with 2666 DRAM freq at CL14.

If your PC is waking up from sleep it could also be a program like Samsung Magician that keeps the PC from going to S3 sleep.

It's never failed to wake from sleep for me, I run it at 1.250v @ 4.2ghz (42x100mhz) [5820k]
I have all of intels automatic scaling options turned on and moves between 1.2ghz to 4.2ghz

Untitled_zpsjlaiw80p.jpg~original
Untitled_zpslqoywj9n.jpg~original

It could be just a win10 bug causing it to crash

F22A bios is out, again beta, if anyone gives it a spin, please post your experiences here, thanks.

Back