Gboard Is Now Available For Android

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
It’s basically Google’s official keyboard that gives you direct search functionality. Not sure if I should bother uninstalling SwiftKey, though…

Google Keyboard on Android is getting a new name — and so much more. Gboard has all the things you love about your old Google Keyboard — speed and accuracy, Glide Typing and voice typing — plus Google Search built in. You can search and send information, GIFs, emojis and more — right from your keyboard. As an added bonus, we’ve added multilingual typing to help you switch languages on the fly.

This updated on my Pixel the other day. Didn't even notice it, because the G logo was hidden by default.

Still trying to use it properly. Haven't quite figured it out yet. I guess it has some benefits though.

I didn't like Swiftkey. Still a fan of Swype over other solutions I've tried.

i like the themes and ability to have box keys instead of borderless. Not entirely sure how useful an integrated google search function will be but it's not a terrible idea, doesnt cost anything or take up space so I'm ok with it.

i've had swift key for years, and like it for the most part. Lately It's been very cpu hogging, causing my phone to be unresponsive and irritating. Might give it a shot

This updated on my Pixel the other day. Didn't even notice it, because the G logo was hidden by default.

Still trying to use it properly. Haven't quite figured it out yet. I guess it has some benefits though.
I'm using a Nexus 6 still and got the same. I have it, but hidden in the menu. I almost prefer it this way because at this point I don't see using it that much but does seem useful.

If it works like swype I will give it a shot. I hate using a keyboard that does not have a "swype" like interface.

Back