GaymerCon is a Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because everywhere I go I see groups just like this. Isn't just gay. Someday New York City needs to have a Parade day Parade, cause they have a Parade for everything. Cause too many groups of people wanna stand out. It's getting annoying.

Your argument in a nutshell: I don't stand out, therefore nobody else should stand out.

Your argument in a nutshell: I don't stand out, therefore nobody else should stand out.

Uhh, some people want EQUALITY, and that means that they don't want ANYBODY to stand out, you just went and supported his own argument, lmao

Uhh, some people want EQUALITY, and that means that they don't want ANYBODY to stand out, you just went and supported his own argument, lmao

You really do live up to your name.

For as long as any group is unequal, they have to do things to stand out to raise awareness of the fact that they are not equal. Keeping silent doesn't make equality happen. That's why gay pride parades happened in the first place. Read up on the stonewall riots, for starters.

When I am afforded the same rights that heterosexuals have, full equal protection under the law and recognition that comes with it regardless of which state I am in in this country, then I will feel no need to try to make myself stand out.

Until then, go fuck yourself.

Didn't we just have a huge straight convention in America not too long ago? It was called Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day, and retards across America flocked in record numbers to make the statement that shitty fried chicken is more important than equal rights.

I fully agree with your signature, techrat. I had this to say myself:

America can trace its roots to Enlightenment philosophers...great intellects of their time. We built the foundation of our country on lofty ideals and revolutionary thinking. So I'm lost as to how we have come to the point where being intelligent and well-read has become a bad thing. When did knowing what the hell you were talking about make you an "elitist?"

Didn't we just have a huge straight convention in America not too long ago? It was called Chik-Fil-A Appreciation Day, and retards across America flocked in record numbers to make the statement that shitty fried chicken is more important than equal rights.

I wish this place had upvotes.

Anyone who's posted a disparaging comment in this thread - you're the reason this convention is needed. Douchebags.

Exactly. This thread proves why it is needed. Anyone that has online gamed on public servers should be more than aware of the rampant trash talk towards gays, women and minorities. I know bothers you that everyone is willing to put up with you abuse.

I also love the straw man logic of this being exclusionary. I hate till you kids but gay venues don't check your credentials at the door. No more that straight clubs banning gays etc.

I guess for some folks the whole world is not enough.

I fully agree with your signature, techrat. I had this to say myself:

America can trace its roots to Enlightenment philosophers...great intellects of their time. We built the foundation of our country on lofty ideals and revolutionary thinking. So I'm lost as to how we have come to the point where being intelligent and well-read has become a bad thing. When did knowing what the hell you were talking about make you an "elitist?"

It depends on what you know and how you know that makes you an ""elitist." I get this all the damn time when people ask me what I do. If you are an expert in something like History, Art or Philosophy most people ask the followup question, "well, what can you do with that?" Read: How can you directly make money with that knowledge... like it's not enough to know it for its own sake. Now, of course, if you are an MBA, an oil speculator or some other practical tradeperson then it's ohh ok that's cool because it's an easy link from that knowledge to income.

I would say that vast majority of the population especially in America is focused on "common cents" meaning that not only do people favor going with their common sense about how the world works (see: political parties, university freshmen who still don't know simple facts about the world like how a cell works) but they heavily prioritize knowledge as a simple path to money so much so that most need it spelled out for them (see: plumbers, mechanics and electricians [not to single them out] usually get paid their worth because it's easy to conceptualize what they do... tell people you are a scientist and they look at you like you flipped off a box of kittens and the question why should they pay you anything?)

Back to the topic: Why all the butthurt, no pun intended, about appealing to a niche market? I don't have to be an artist to go to an art show, I don't have to dress up to go to an anime convention or renn faire... why is this any different?

You know.

It was so simple.

All the douchebags in this thread going LOL DISCRIMINATION ALIENATION SEGREGATION...

Only had to read ONE thing on the website for Gaymercon.

SBrjk.png

It is *NOT* exclusive. It's an ALL INCLUSIVE event with a focus on GLBT interests.

http://gaymercon.org/about

You know.

It was so simple.

All the douchebags in this thread going LOL DISCRIMINATION ALIENATION SEGREGATION...

SBrjk.png

It is *NOT* exclusive. It's an ALL INCLUSIVE event with a focus on GLBT interests.

I am not sure that I fit in to any of that. They should do one for the douchebags.

I wonder if Epic will debut Gays of War??

You know.

It was so simple.

SBrjk.png

Yeah, if you are willing to be called a "gaymer". I :rolleyes:

You know.

It was so simple.

SBrjk.png

Yeah, if you are willing to be called a "gaymer". I :rolleyes:

You know.

It was so simple.

SBrjk.png

Yeah, if you are willing to be called a "gaymer". :rolleyes:

Well, if you weren't so insecure about it, it wouldn't matter to you anyway.

Your statement makes no sense. Why would someone want to be called or identified with something they aren't. Typical gay talk. If you don't promote or bend over (no pun intended) for them, you are subject to their silly little titles that are supposed to guilt you into agreement. :rolleyes:

You really do live up to your name.

For as long as any group is unequal, they have to do things to stand out to raise awareness of the fact that they are not equal. Keeping silent doesn't make equality happen. That's why gay pride parades happened in the first place. Read up on the stonewall riots, for starters.
Yea except that there are people who really don't care, and don't wanna know. There's no need to advertise your sexuality. I don't wanna hear it from heterosexuals, so why would I wanna hear it from homosexuals? That's the whole point of my analogy of people kissing in public. Gay or not, most people don't wanna see it.

Think of it like advertisements. Someone out there wants you to know about something that you don't care about. At first you tolerated it, and now it's just plain annoying.
When I am afforded the same rights that heterosexuals have, full equal protection under the law and recognition that comes with it regardless of which state I am in in this country, then I will feel no need to try to make myself stand out.

Until then, go fuck yourself.
That's the beauty of games, nobody has to know about your sexuality. Think of it like this, guys play as girls and girls play as guys. Yet I don't remember going up to someone and saying something like, "are you gay for playing as the opposite sex"? Nobody knows about nobody cares.

If you're stupid enough to go tell someone about your sexuality, then you're asking for it. Go ahead and log into any game and announce that you're straight. Tell them that you love the "opposite sexes genitals" They'll make of you for it, because it's unusual for someone to broadcast such a message in a game. And yea, the 14 year old boys will make fun of you harder if you say you're gay. Cause their assholes one way or another.

Point is, what you do in bed shouldn't be a part of what you do in games. Not unless it's one of those sexual games, which at that point it's all fair in love and war.

"Gaymer" is that not offensive enough? Like Whore or Slut, Gaymer intended as.

Right after this we should have a straightcon, and put "no homo" signs on the door so there's no confusion.

Ugh, this is so retarded.

Yea except that there are people who really don't care, and don't wanna know. There's no need to advertise your sexuality. I don't wanna hear it from heterosexuals, so why would I wanna hear it from homosexuals? That's the whole point of my analogy of people kissing in public. Gay or not, most people don't wanna see it.

Think of it like advertisements. Someone out there wants you to know about something that you don't care about. At first you tolerated it, and now it's just plain annoying.

That's the beauty of games, nobody has to know about your sexuality. Think of it like this, guys play as girls and girls play as guys. Yet I don't remember going up to someone and saying something like, "are you gay for playing as the opposite sex"? Nobody knows about nobody cares.

If you're stupid enough to go tell someone about your sexuality, then you're asking for it. Go ahead and log into any game and announce that you're straight. Tell them that you love the "opposite sexes genitals" They'll make of you for it, because it's unusual for someone to broadcast such a message in a game. And yea, the 14 year old boys will make fun of you harder if you say you're gay. Cause their assholes one way or another.

Point is, what you do in bed shouldn't be a part of what you do in games. Not unless it's one of those sexual games, which at that point it's all fair in love and war.

This is pretty much spot on.

fucks sake people

They just want a convention where they can focus on gaming and having a good time instead of worrying about defending themselves against ignorant asshats.

Just a cursory glance through this thread amply demonstrates why they might want to create a safe space to chill out.

Right after this we should have a straightcon, and put "no homo" signs on the door so there's no confusion.

Ugh, this is so retarded.

Because we haven't already covered this.

Of course, repeating idiotic talking points is what you conservatives are best at, right?

fucks sake people

They just want a convention where they can focus on gaming and having a good time instead of worrying about defending themselves against ignorant asshats.

Just a cursory glance through this thread amply demonstrates why they might want to create a safe space to chill out.

Exactly.

You'd have a point if there still weren't idiots trying to discriminate and generally treat LGBT people like shit. If everyone were content to just say, "I don't care what you do in the bedroom, have at it" then it wouldn't be an issue and the LGBT community wouldn't have to be vocal about it. But that's not the case. I'm sorry that them standing up for themselves and their rights is an inconvenience to you, but you're just going to have to get over it.

What world do you live in where there's a section of people who openly persecute heterosexuals? That's like saying Gay Bar's [sic] shouldn't exist because there aren't any heterosexual bars.

Nobody is being excluded. Your argument of "hey what if there was an exclusion the other way around" doesn't work because of it.

Until it says something along the lines of GAYS ONLY, nobody here has a legitimate reason to feel excluded or that others are segregating themselves. If you don't want to go to that convention because it will have predominately gay people, that's perfectly fine. However, if you do and you're a heterosexual, nobody is going to stop you.

Straw man arguments are fun, aren't they?

We live in a world where Christian businesses who politely refuse to provide services to sodomite events (so-called weddings, festivals, and the like) are sued into oblivion, where even the slightest criticism of the sodomite deathstyle leads to ostracism, employment termination, and possible imprisonment on account of a supposed hate crime violation. Anyone who attends this convention and tries to peacefully protest will either be arrested outright or forced by police to the fringes where their dissenting speech will be unheard. That's the kind of environment in which we currently live.

fucks sake people

If they just want to focus on gaming, then why are they putting their sexuality right smack dab in the middle?

Safe space? Please tell me about the suffering of homosexuals at regular gaming conventions.

If they want equality, then why are they discriminatory?

What if straight people want a safe place, away from judgemental hypocrites like yourself?

Lets play a game, it's called "what do you call a gay?"

let me go first.

Q: What do you call a gay gamer?

A: Gaymer

Now if we proceed with this game things will get nasty on this forum real quickly id bet.

We live in a world where Christian businesses who politely refuse to provide services to sodomite events (so-called weddings, festivals, and the like) are sued into oblivion, where even the slightest criticism of the sodomite deathstyle leads to ostracism, employment termination, and possible imprisonment on account of a supposed hate crime violation. Anyone who attends this convention and tries to peacefully protest will either be arrested outright or forced by police to the fringes where their dissenting speech will be unheard. That's the kind of environment in which we currently live.

oppressed.gif

If they just want to focus on gaming, then why are they putting their sexuality right smack dab in the middle?

Safe space? Please tell me about the suffering of homosexuals at regular gaming conventions.

What if straight people want a safe place, away from judgemental hypocrites like yourself?

We straight people already have that. It's called everywhere.

Q. What do you call a gay first person shooter?

A. Call of Doody.

From wikipedia

"Only a "very small minority" of the respondents to the first survey supported the use of the term gaymer."

And by the way, what's discriminatory about this? We've already covered this. It's not like GaymerCon is going to turn away straight people.

Unfortunately, a lot of self-identified Christians really aren't (i.e., Obama, Pelosi, Biden, etc.), and even if they were, such a pie chart would serve as little comfort to the real people who are facing real hardship because a vocal activist minority-by-deviancy seeks to use the courts to legislate immorality and line its pockets in the process.

Unfortunately, a lot of self-identified Christians really aren't (i.e., Obama, Pelosi, Biden, etc.), and even if they were, such a pie chart would serve as little comfort to the real people who are facing real hardship because a vocal activist minority-by-deviancy seeks to use the courts to legislate immorality and line its pockets in the process.

Real hardship? How does gay rights cause you a hardship? You don't like gay marriage, don't marry someone of the same gender. It's that fucking simple.

Typical right-wing Christofascist biogted drivel. You should go back and re-read your Bible, because I'm pretty sure your Jesus spoke about loving and accepting your fellow human beings. If you're going to blather on about homosexual deviancy, you beter start following all the other stupid OT rules...like not wearing mixed-fiber clothing. Maybe start pushing for rape victims to marry their rapists...but of course then we have to stone them because they're not virgins on their wedding day.

This isn't a Christian nation. You're not being oppressed just because you can't force your antiquated mythological "morality" on everyone else. It doesn't really matter if you think homosexuality is immoral, because the fact remains that what homosexuals do in their private lives doesn't affect you in any way, shape, or form. :rolleyes:

Says the white, straight male who has never personally had to deal with any discrimination or oppression for being different or a minority in any way.

How do you know? Me personally, lived in the Caribbean for 2 years and now am a white male living in Costa Rica Latin america, i deal with discrimination regularly in some form or another cause i am a "gringo" so get off you're high horse as if your the only "victim" in this world.....

You know.
It was so simple.
SBrjk.png

So if it is not exclusive, why use the title with "gay" in it? sounds like they are trying pretty dam hard to make it exclusive....?

Why not just use something that does not broadcast ones sexual preference in it?

As already said, people don't need to know, and believe it or not.. don't care who or what your f**king, but it always seems to be made a point with those who choose same sex to broadcast to the world they like the same sex cause they need to rub it in people's faces.....

I have gay friends and i couldn't give a flying crap about what they prefer, i also don't go around telling them about my "straight sex" and how i am straight and i like women....

I am all for raising awareness, but this is not how you do it.

fucks sake people

I am sure you have asshat gays at conventions too... it is no different than asshat straights everywhere else, just because your gay doesn't suddenly make you a rainbow loving peaceful human being. The opposite from what one friend told me actually, his boyfriends and most gay guys he knows are total arrogant selfish pricks who use guys like sex toys, especially those who just came out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back