Gawker Staffers Already Clashing With Univision After Acquisition

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Sep 14, 2016.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

I am astounded that Univision paid $135 million for the Gawker family of websites in the first place but at least they were smart enough not to assume Gawker Media’s legal liabilities. What did they think was going to happen after they bought Gawker?

Gawker Media staffers aren’t taking to life in corporate America too well. Irate Executive Editor John Cook and staffers are expected on Tuesday to conclude two days of talks with their new bosses at Univision after the two sides fought over the decision to delete six posts from the embattled digital media company’s stable of sites, The Post has learned.

2. Jehuty

Jehuty Limp Gawd

Seriously, they're nothing but ingrates.

3. Rizen

Rizen [H]ardForum Junkie

Gawker should have been completely dismantled.

CaptNumbNutz, Gorankar, MoFoQ and 3 others like this.
  4. grifter_66

grifter_66 Gawd

Gawker is 90% trash and are to journalism what Derek Smart is to game development.

5. Bigdady92

Bigdady92 [H]ardness Supreme

Good. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all.

6. Mohonri

Mohonri [H]ardness Supreme

There's actually a fair number of gawker sites that are decent--gizmodo, io9, jalopnik, for example. As long as you stay away from Jezebel and Gawker.com itself, there's actual value there.

Wrecked Em likes this.
  7. ipkh

ipkh n00b

That's why Gawker got in trouble in the first place. A bunch of assholes work there. They should just be fired or forced to quit. Then the good sites can stay.

8. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

And that's exactly what Univision did, they didn't buy Gawker.com and left it to rot by itself.

9. evilsofa

evilsofa [H]ardForum Junkie

No, they did buy Gawker.com. Univision bought Gawker Media, which is the parent site for Gawker.com, Deadspin, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, Kotaku, Jalopnik and Jezebel. Two days after the purchase of Gawker Media, Univision annoucned that Gawker.com would shut down the next week, while the other sites would continue.

CaptNumbNutz and Madoc like this.
  10. SilverSliver

SilverSliver Beat It To Deformation

I guess they are unclear how this works. You got bought. You either integrate and be thankful you have a job, or you get the fuck out.

Madoc likes this.
  11. MoFoQ

MoFoQ Gawd

except Derek Smart is actually worth more as a dev than Gawker ever will be as a news site

12. Zion Halcyon

Zion Halcyon 2[H]4U

Haha! Serves those assholes RIGHT.

Madoc likes this.
  13. Madoc

Madoc Gawd

It truly saddens me to hear such horrible, bad, awful things happening at that outpost of decency and courageous reporting of our nation's, and indeed the world's ills. To see SJWs at the height of their careers hobbled like this... it is such a travesty.

Oh, heck. Who am I kidding? They get no sympathy from me.

14. Bowman15

Bowman15 [H]ard|Gawd

That''s not how these millennials running the sites think though...they are the entitled crowd. It's kinda funny...negotiating...negotiating what? LOL

15. lostinseganet

lostinseganet [H]ard|Gawd

They have a union there I think.

16. ShamisOMally

ShamisOMally [H]ard|Gawd

SJW's that worked at Gawker finds out that the company that bought them wants nothing to do with SJW's and any pieces they write they are 100% responsible for them and this causes them to throw their bottles out of their prams and hold their breathes like the children they are.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue. This and more at 11.

17. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz [H]ard as it Gets

They need to clean fucking house, starting with the tampon stains that create bukkake journalism like this...

[​IMG]

I'm fully aware that Jesus Diaz is long gone from Gawker, but my point still stands.