Gauntlet Reboot from Arrowhead Game Studios

I bought a 4 pack and played solo for about an hour last night with the Valkyrie. Normal difficulty mode is too hard for me, I had to drop down to easy. Maybe I'm getting too old. Or maybe the game doesn't scale down well for single player? The controls take some time to adapt to. The game seems fun so far. Now I just need to convince some buddies to accept a free key and play with me.

I bought a 4 pack and played solo for about an hour last night with the Valkyrie. Normal difficulty mode is too hard for me, I had to drop down to easy. Maybe I'm getting too old. Or maybe the game doesn't scale down well for single player? The controls take some time to adapt to. The game seems fun so far. Now I just need to convince some buddies to accept a free key and play with me.

Haha I thought the same thing at first too. I don't remember the Barbarian being so weak and hard to play same with the Wizard. Bought it simply to try and relive old memories of the arcade and it was only $20. Pumped 10 hours into it in just 24 hours so I think its worth it.

Apparently it scales with more people which I noticed makes it much harder. Solo on Normal I can do just find for the most part, but the minute you have 3-4 it becomes stressful lol. Having a blast though.

If you have an extra key, or anyone went in on that 4 pack for $11 bucks each, I'd like to buy one.

I went ahead and got a 4 pack so I have three codes available now. PM if you want one.

Picked this up yesterday and have to say it's pretty fun. Worth $20 in my opinion for those still on the fence. Very challenging with multiple people in the game.

I'm looking for some solo play also. Anyway to bypass the beginning when I have to play every character and do all the moves fighting the mummies? I'm stuck on the wizard and his extra spells. I just want to use the warrior. Thanks!

Steam says this game has local co-op. I want to confirm that it does have that. My wife loves all of the Gauntlet games, and this would be fun to play with her.

Does it have local co-op? If it does, what are the control options for local co-op?

I'm looking for some solo play also. Anyway to bypass the beginning when I have to play every character and do all the moves fighting the mummies? I'm stuck on the wizard and his extra spells. I just want to use the warrior. Thanks!

If you're stuck on the Wizard spells (no guides when I checked) there are 9

Shift + Shift
Shift + Space
Shift + Right Mouse
Right Mouse + Right Mouse
Right Mouse + Space
Right Mouse + Shift
Space + Space
Space + Shift
Space + Right Mouse

It's a pain in the ass at first and I hated the Wizard because no one would be him in matches. Now I'm a level 26 after 1 day lol.

Steam says this game has local co-op. I want to confirm that it does have that. My wife loves all of the Gauntlet games, and this would be fun to play with her.

Does it have local co-op? If it does, what are the control options for local co-op?

Not local in the sense of offline, but it has Invite only (default when starting a game) where you can manually allow people into your session on your Steam friends list. Only other option is the ability to kick people from your lobby when you're hosting which isn't needed in a private match unless you want to play by yourself again.

It's addicting as hell after a rough start. Already spent 20 hours on it in 2 1/2 days. I rarely do that on games.

Not local in the sense of offline, but it has Invite only (default when starting a game) where you can manually allow people into your session on your Steam friends list. Only other option is the ability to kick people from your lobby when you're hosting which isn't needed in a private match unless you want to play by yourself again.

It's addicting as hell after a rough start. Already spent 20 hours on it in 2 1/2 days. I rarely do that on games.

Thanks for that info. I guess I'll pass then. If it worked on linux, I might buy two copies to play with my wife, but since it doesn't I'll stick with MAME. ;)

PM me if you grabbed 4pack and have a key left to sell. Loved this game as a kid!

Just fired up Gauntlet and I was able to join player 2 with the keyboard. Both players were usable at the same time.

Liger88, thanks for the help on the Wizard spells. I'm going to download the new update and try it again!

Loving this game I am "testing" it before I buy it, I only play as wizard and so far its been fun, wizard is weak but very versatile in my opinion. I was playing on Normal but kept dying often put it on easy until I know the spells like the back of my hand and am a master with the wizard.

Loving this game I am "testing" it before I buy it, I only play as wizard and so far its been fun, wizard is weak but very versatile in my opinion. I was playing on Normal but kept dying often put it on easy until I know the spells like the back of my hand and am a master with the wizard.

I just hit the Flamewalker - Gold achievement with the wizard, which I believe is 8,000 kills. With three other people playing with you, the wizard can just hide in the back and lob those fireballs. Makes for massive dpi. Pleasantly surprised with how much entertainment this game has brought me and my friends for chump change!

It has local co-op. My friend plays with his roommate all the time and I join from my computer at my place. As long as you have a controller you can play with local players.

I can't comment on the control options since I haven't been over there when they play, but it is doable.

Booooh.....shame on you. It's only a couple of bucks and you need to pirate even then? :mad:

This... And no such thing as "testing" a game unless you mean to make sure it even loads of your pc :rolleyes: (and even then that's a flimsy excuse since info on that should be very readily available). He will "test" it until he's played 40 hours and doesn't buy because he is already done playing :kad:.

Pirates and their never ending excuses.....

Wow there's some brain surgery. Except to be "loving" the game means you already "tested" it enough to form an opinion. To continue playing you're just pissing on the developer's effort.

Its a measly $20, or $11 if you get it from someone that bought a 4pack. :rolleyes: This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
I bought my copy, but I really don't give a damn who pirates what. Trust me, if bitching on [H] is all it took to end piracy, it would have been gone a long time ago...lmao

Back