Gauging interest for motherboard trays for benchers

Omg. That's $1000 in heatsinks.

Insanely sweet setup.

"Special Order" at Provantage means "you'll be waiting 2 weeks at the very minimum for this to arrive, and we might never get it in stock at all"

tis often true...but considering this is the man who bought the sinks... is saving 360 on hs worth the wait?

I'm pleased to announce a new option that will allow you to securely mount hard drives to almost anywhere on the tray. :) $5 for one set.

HDMountingSysCU.jpg

More info here.

I like it. I want one. My hard drive is the loudest component in my system

Why would you hang the ODD on the outside?

Wouldn't the HDD mount flat on the inside of the area, hang the ODD above the HDD and done, and it all fits inside the case

Why would you hang the ODD on the outside?

Wouldn't the HDD mount flat on the inside of the area, hang the ODD above the HDD and done, and it all fits inside the case

The ODD is too wide to be mounted over the HDD area.

I know this is really late.. But today is the first time Ive had all 4 cases in 1 place

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

Are you currently making and selling cases, Spotswood? I may be interested in a case with the video card rack and some water cooling provisions.

Excellent. I'm off work next week so after Christmas I'll spend some time going back through this thread and figure out what I need.

Stacks of trays are now fastened together with hidden threaded dowels.

NewInternalConnector-640.jpg

And are now shipped with heavy duty stainless steel fan mounting tabs.

Tabs-640.jpg

Last edited:
I remember reading this thread when it started, I am very happy for you that it has blossomed into a reality for you!

Btw, where are you located?

Wicked, I grew up in Milford, NH, although I am currently in Atlanta.

I am looking to start a test bench/ folding bench and I definitely want to get with you and see what we can do.

Wicked, I grew up in Milford, NH, although I am currently in Atlanta.

I am looking to start a test bench/ folding bench and I definitely want to get with you and see what we can do.

The temperature is supposed to go down into single digits this weekend. Maybe you should come up to help in the shop. hehe

Send me a PM of what you have in mind.

These trays have evolved into full-blown tech stations.

More info here.

Now this is wicked brosif...... I will be getting in touch with you very soon cause I need one for my 1366 incoming board (thank you UntitledOne).

Now this is wicked brosif...... I will be getting in touch with you very soon cause I need one for my 1366 incoming board (thank you UntitledOne).

Do not just thank me :) I am just the leg man. The board was originally Patriot's and I just did the work of RMA'ing it.

New design with 6 posts provides a built-in location for mounting a hard drive via grommets.

ATXTray2A-640.jpg

NewHDMounting-640.jpg

Or the HD can safely rest on the soft grommets.

NewHDMounting2-640.jpg

These now have cast aluminum 90-degree brackets to holdup the expansion card support beam.

CastAngleBrackets-640.jpg

Lastly, added another upgrade, which is stainless steel tabs are now used to mount 3 fans and a PSU.

StainlessSteelTabs-640.jpg

More pics and info here.

Last edited:
There's been some confusion as to how to use the expansion card beam/clamp. The card is sandwiched between the two halves.

PCIClamp-640.jpg

A lower tier for the 4p/SWTX size trays is now available.

You can fit one or two 120x4 radiators across the width of the tier and its tall enough for three 5.25-inch bay devices.

Last edited:
A new smaller size ATX tray is soon to be available that can accommodate a standard size ATX motherboard, PSU and a single SSD storage device.

ATXMiniTray-320.jpg

ATXMiniTraywRig-320.jpg

This is a smaller bare-bones version of the other trays (not stackable; no expansion card support) and is therefore priced accordingly.

Some more info here.

Last edited:
Back