Gateway MX6422... Cool 'n' Quiet questions

EET

Limp Gawd
My boy's mom has said notebook, and at times she's complained about it going slow. I hadn't thought much of it, thought maybe it was because of only 512Mb of ram or the fact that it's a Sempron 3100. I ran CPU-Z on it tonight while I was over (have next to no exp. with notebooks hardware-wise) and saw it was running at ~800MHz. I hadn't realized that it was running Cool 'n' Quiet or ________ (Power-something?), so I did a little bit of looking, but not to much success. Of course my full size ATX mobo has all these features available, but that Gateway has very little in the way of bios options, basically setting time, a few power options, and what to boot from (obviously for the masses). Since I've never used CnQ before (i.e. disabled in my bios), is there a utility that would allow me to shut it off? She always has it plugged in when she's using it (if she runs it unplugged it's not usually more than a half hour), and so I would like to turn CnQ off if possible. The fan is somewhat noisy at full speed, but I thought I may install Speedfan on it to control that. Any suggestions? CPU-Z also pulled up very little about the mobo, besides it being Gateway (I believe? I'll have to check that again, maybe this Wednesday). I'm also checking AMD for any universal CnQ software.

Back