Gateway FX6800-01e vs. CyberPower Gamer Infinity 800

TheGooch69

Gawd
I am currently in the midst of trying to get my latest build (in sig) up and running, but my patients is short and I am seriously considering just returning everything and buying a pre-built computer.

After some researching, I've came up with either the

Gateway FX6800-01e

or a more custom built computer from CyberPower (basically the same exact specs as what's in my sig).

The Gateway features the intel i70-920 and plenty of expansion options. I would add an additional 4850 for Xfire but I don't know how much space would be left in the mobo for a Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI card. I have no doubts about the quality of the Gateway as my laptop has proven me well. My only concern is if the 500w PSU is enough to handle Xfire.

The CyberPower is much more customizable and includes components that I know are of good quality, slightly better speced, but isn't a i70.

Both are around the same price, so which one would you go with?

Gateway hands down.

Cyberpower is well known for piss-poor customer support and construction quality. If you're paying someone else to build your PC, you might as well get it well built and well supported.

+1 for gateway, pre-builts are mainly bought for 3 reasons they are hassle free, working quality guarantee, and their customer support, Cyberpower offers non.

( matrix go back to general hardware :p)

:)eek: is that a 37inch screen i see there) sorry for off topic

Back