Gateway FPD2485W - 24" HD LCD

Tim-in-CA said:
Does this only happen in VGA mode? Did you also try this with Component?

No sorry, didn't try in Component mode.

I did however reinstall WOW(10 day trial :D) to try a PC game and I didn't exhibit any of those problems people were suffering from in this thread while playing that game(ghosting, blacks shadows, wtc?). But OMG did it look beautiful on this monitor. Also I was surprised at how my x800xt at this res handled it, all eye candy on with 4x aa and 16af.

medisyn said:
Would you mind having a friend listen to it?
Wow that is crazy if that is true. I really dont want to go threw the entire stores stock to get a good one. Gateway as always shows how shitty their build quality is on their products. We get a lot of gateways/emachines that are just dead out of the box. One time when setting up a demo like 3 emachines in a row were dead out of the box! hahah

Sorry this took so long but have been busy with the holiday. Two friends have been buy to take a look and both bought them. I had them both listen and neither noticed anything either. I'll check in with them this weekend and ask if they found any of the flicker/noise/ghosting troubles. They are big console gamers and I'm a PC gamer.

KDK said:
I am now considering waiting and purchasing a monitor or HDTV with HDMI 1.3. There will be over a billion colors when HDMI 1.3 comes out next year and I am sure that more LCD monitors will have the HDMI connection by then.

Just FYI..... the monitor or LCD itself will have to support this though, as well as the source. Just having HDMI 1.3 isn't going to give you more colors, etc. I'm not sure how far off we are from having this kind of stuff... and it is nice to see the spec of the connection being forward-thinking, if only we could ditch HDCP.

just picked up my 4th gateway lcd and I think I finally got a perfect one

1. flickering
2. just died
3. buzzing

so hopefully this one is a keeper =D

Ive had this gateway 24 for almost a month. No heat, no ghosting (fear), 7900gt (softmodded), vivid colors, no dead pixels.

I think a monitor choice comes down to what you want to use it for. First I dont have an Xbox nor would I even consider purchasing one for a desktop monitor with a 16x10 aspect ratio. The Xbox is simply made for regular widescreen TVs with 16x9 aspect ratios....if I ever get one, I would hook it up to a tv, not a desktop monitor.

My main use for this monitor is pc games, work and slingbox network connection that scales the pip picture 1:1 without distortion. I can be on the net and watch a football game, the news or a movie at the same time - perfect in my view. The benq and other monitors dont scale 1:1 so you get a distorted view of the "football" game coming though using one of the other monitors since they stretch the picture to fit the screen - not good.

If you want to watch tv on the side while working or surfing, then this is the monitor to get imo.

I just had a strange problem with my monitor (perhaps not a monitor issue but a vide card issue -- I'd like your advice).

While viewing my PC through DVI, I was having flashing green dots appear randomly on different images. These were NOT stuck pixels for two reasons: (1) when I moved the image, the flashing green dots moved with the image, and did not remain static on the screen and (2) they were flashing not solidly stuck.

For now I have been able to get rid of them by turning the monitor off and then on again. What do you think this could be? Perhaps overheating on my monitor or video card? (Monitor was in standby mode all day, not switched off.)

I just had a strange problem with my monitor (perhaps not a monitor issue but a vide card issue -- I'd like your advice).

While viewing my PC through DVI, I was having flashing green dots appear randomly on different images. These were NOT stuck pixels for two reasons: (1) when I moved the image, the flashing green dots moved with the image, and did not remain static on the screen and (2) they were flashing not solidly stuck.

For now I have been able to get rid of them by turning the monitor off and then on again. What do you think this could be? Perhaps overheating on my monitor or video card? (Monitor was in standby mode all day, not switched off.)

Its A crappy DVI cable or poor connection.

try updating your video drivers, I leave my monitor on 24 hrs @ a time and I've never had any of those issues...

Just FYI..... the monitor or LCD itself will have to support this though, as well as the source. Just having HDMI 1.3 isn't going to give you more colors, etc. I'm not sure how far off we are from having this kind of stuff... and it is nice to see the spec of the connection being forward-thinking, if only we could ditch HDCP.

Yes, you are right. For anyone that is looking to wait just a bit longer, you can just type in HDMI 1.3 on your search engine and you will be able to get the information on this. (HDMI 1.3 PRESS) I know that it will take longer for the connection to reach LCD monitor displays. HDMI 1.3 will support HD DVD, Blue Ray DVD and game machines including Sony Playstation 3. This connection should help with a few of the problems that pelple have been experiencing with their displays. That is why I have decided to wait just a bit longer. :D

I think this could actually be a monitor problem vs. a cable/video card problem. I have narrowed down when this problem occurs. If my monitor goes into sleep mode, when it comes out it has these flashing green dots all over the screen. If I turn it off and on again, they are gone. They only appear when waking up from sleep mode. Strange.

Yes, you are right. For anyone that is looking to wait just a bit longer, you can just type in HDMI 1.3 on your search engine and you will be able to get the information on this. (HDMI 1.3 PRESS) I know that it will take longer for the connection to reach LCD monitor displays. HDMI 1.3 will support HD DVD, Blue Ray DVD and game machines including Sony Playstation 3. This connection should help with a few of the problems that pelple have been experiencing with their displays. That is why I have decided to wait just a bit longer. :D
Er, unless I misunderstood, I think what Steve is saying is that just because a monitor has an HDMI 1.3 connection doesn't necessarily mean that the monitor itself is actually capable of displaying billions of colors. Those specs that you're looking at for HDMI 1.3 simply indicate the maximum amount of information that the interface is capable of transmitting. See this link:
At first, however, not all video sources incorporating 1.3 may be able to generate such refresh rates, color bit depth or viewable colors, and not all displays with 1.3 may be able to reproduce such enhancements, Silicon Image admitted. That's because “HDMI typically leads the industry by bringing capabilities into the specification first, and then manufacturers design products to take advantage of the new capabilities,” Lee said. Previous versions of the HDMI spec, for example, supported the transport of 1,080p video, but HDMI-equipped products capable of generating or reproducing 1,080p took longer to arrive. “It's possible that Media PCs may become the first products to take advantage of the greater bandwidths since PCs have very powerful graphics and processing capabilities,” Lee added.
The point is that whether a monitor has an HDMI 1.3 input is independent of the actual color depth, resolution, refresh rate, etc. of the monitor. The first monitors to support HDMI 1.3 probably won't look significantly different than monitors currently available.

Well, I finally got the monitor. Its good and all and I wish I could keep it but that buzzing noise is driving up a wall. Not to mention super bright even with brightness set all the way to 0.

thefewtheproud: the forums seem to have a glitch

unimatrixzer0: return it from where u got it and get another one...I had that issue in my 3rd one and it drove me bonkers...it took 4 times, but I finally got a perfectly running one =D

I got mine in on Wednesday, I have a couple of issues.

With my computer on, I really can't hear the buzzing. But when I turned the monitor on with my PC off, the buzzing was pretty obvious.

On the 360, at first 1080p through VGA looks like pure shit. I got like random lines everywhere, and there would be horrible tearing in the middle of the screen. I got rid of the weird looking lines by going into 1:1 mode, and I got rid of the tearing by doing this.

Going into DVI (PC) mode.
Running PIP with the the VGA (360)
Switching from DVI to VGA.
Tearing in the middle is gone.

I think the monitor is great on PC games, but on the 360, it's alright. I'm probably just going to move the 360 back to my living room on the 56" DLP :/.

haha kel, why would you want to use your 24" lcd to play your xbox 360 if you have a 56" dlp?

you may have a dud too kel...=(

btw take some pics of the 56" dlp, 1080p?

I don't know, I mean, it looks awesome when I'm playing Oblivion at 1920x1200, and I got no deadpixels and a little backlight bleeding, and the 360 looks good in 1:1 mode with that little thing I did.

I switch out between the displays, mainly because I have a better audio system on my PC than I do in my living room (For now).

Here is a pic of me running Oblivion on the Gateway from the PC
p1010975qd9.jpg

Here is a picture of the 1080p DLP.

p1010962kb2.jpg

i can't wait to get a big screen...1080p looks great on the gateway...but 1080p is meant for a big screen =D

You're very right, which is where the 56" comes to play whenever I want to watch High def movies with friends/family.

HDMI 1.3 will support HD DVD, Blue Ray DVD and game machines including Sony Playstation 3. This connection should help with a few of the problems that pelple have been experiencing with their displays. That is why I have decided to wait just a bit longer. :D

Or, it could actually make things worse. I've also been looking at the Westinghouse LCD monitors... and one of the issues people have been complaining about has to do with PS3 into HDMI port. There seems to be some kind of handshaking issue with HDCP. Interestingly... I guess the Westy has a v1.3 HDMI... and one solution a guy figured out was to run the PS3 into his HT receiver with a HDMI 1.1 (I think... it was older than 1.3 anyway) port, then to the Westy... problem gone. (though why games need HDCP is a whole other issue I don't get... its wacky).

bootstrap said:
Er, unless I misunderstood, I think what Steve is saying is that just because a monitor has an HDMI 1.3 connection doesn't necessarily mean that the monitor itself is actually capable of displaying billions of colors.

Exactly! I can't think of anything this LCD does where having HDMI 1.3 would be better than one of the older versions.

the ps3 has hdcp because of its blue-ray player not because of the games.

It seems odd though that they couldn't turn it on only when playing blue-ray discs. There should be no reason it needs to use HDCP to display a game. I'm just hoping someone cracks this, so we can just use any player / display and undue the stupid mess that has been created. I think I read the other day some hacker is claiming to have cracked the DRM, but not sure if it was HD-DVD or Blue-Ray.

I bought the 24" Gateway at Best Buy last night for gaming on the XBOX360 and it looks awesome already through the VGA connection at just 1280 x 1024 resolution. I have a 22" Westinghouse also and I can tell the difference. The 24" has a higher contrast ratio, lower dot pitch and better viewing angle than my 22". The Xbox 360 had a November 2006 Xbox Live Update that you can download to your console and it can then support the 1920 x 1080 resolution to display on the monitor. You can download this via Xbox Live or if you don't have an account, you can easily sign up for free by connecting your console to the internet. Then, download the update. I haven't tried this yet but, If it looks sharp at 1280 x 1024. I can't imagine how it will look at 1920 x 1080! Component connection with my DVD isn't all that great, My 22" Westinghouse performed better in this department. I fiddled around with the scaling it still did not improve it as much. It looks a bit pixelated even with the 1:1 mapping turned on. I am pretty impressed with the monitor. Too bad no HDMI input like what the Benq offers because your stuck with just the DVI port for either PC or PS3 connection if you want the best input connection. I rather have this than a larger LCD/TV display because then I can have it for console gaming or PC gaming and the resolution scales higher. The onscreen display is pretty cool. It has touch sensitive control. When I first turned it on by default if has an audible sound when you select the menus. It can be turned down in the menu settings. I find it convenient when I switch from my xbox 360 VGA to my PC DVI connection. The monitor is pretty light and good even backlighting, though...I do see on mines the top right corner slight lighting. Other than that, it's pretty good. Mounting the stand to the base was a snap. It screws onto the base with one screw. The monitor then hooks onto the stand and there's a lever that locks it in place. Make sure you have it hooked on properly and its locked in place. It also has a kensington lock feature where you can hook a cable to it so...someone can't steal you monitor. It came with a DVI cable, VGA cable, power cable, USB cable to downstream to your computer, easy setup poster, manual and CD. The base can swivel so... you can easily adjust the position of the monitor. Monitor also adjusts in height and can rotate from Landscape to Portrait. Also, when you install the drivers from the cd the monitor can auto rotate the screen when you're going from Landscape to Portrait. This is something that the Dell 2407WFP cannot do. All in all a good monitor and would recommend it. Though... I would sacrifice one Component input for an HDMI input.

thefewtheproud: the forums seem to have a glitch

unimatrixzer0: return it from where u got it and get another one...I had that issue in my 3rd one and it drove me bonkers...it took 4 times, but I finally got a perfectly running one =D

I was thinking of doing a swap except the viewing angels for darker areas is horrible, even when looking directly at the screen, to see details from the far left or right of the screen I have to move my hard to the far left or right and look towards the middle of the screen at an angel to see detail. And even with brightness all the way at 0% whites are still so freaking bright. Using Nvidia's control panel to turn down brightness even more just makes you lose me details.

I get better video from my Dell 2005FPW.

Ok I am back again to post that my roommate got a 2485w as well and his buzzes just as loud as mine. (yes we can both hear it I am not crazy.) Also the demo 2485w from my work does the same thing. Think we are just unlucky? I really doubt it. All of these monitors must buzz. This is 3 monitors from 3 different shipments, so its not just a bad batch. The people reporting it either have a lot of other noise in the room or cant here the frequency that the power-supply produces.
If you have a slient PC or room this monitor will be the loudest thing in the room by far. My 32in CRT HDTV is silent. Why is this monitor making noise!?

After reading everyone's post on here I have to say that I to have the so called buzzing sound. It really doesn't sound like its buzzing, it sounds more of a slight fizzing sound on mines. Mine does run warm but not hot to the point where you can't put your hand on it. It's a hit or miss thing if you pick this monitor up or any other monitor on whether you have good/bad issues with it. But, luckily I can return it at Best Buy if I'm not totally satisfied with it. At least this way, you can find out for yourself whether it satisfies you or not. Like a previous post on here noted, you can try and exchange it but then, you're not sure whether the exhange will be a better model or worse. I have no dead pixels on my model. My brother has the 21" Gateway monitor and it has a slight buzzing noise to it. My brothers 24" Acer monitor is completely silent. The noise on the 24" Gateway does seem to vary from time to time. It is not a steady sound and it is faint but enough to hear. Colors on it by default is good. As far as it being bright, definitely! When moving from a smaller LCD screen to a larger screen you will notice it being brighter. Although it has the 2 x component inputs the DVD quality wasn't that good when hooking up an external dvd player to it. I used the same Sony DVD player that hooked up to my 22" Westinghouse and it doesn't look as good on the 24" Gateway. It seems a bit pixelated no matter what setting I adjust on the monitor. The XBOX 360 connected through VGA at 1280 x 1024 in wide mode looks good when playing Gears of War and Dead or Alive 4. It does look better than my 22" Westinghouse connected through VGA at the same resolution. It looks more rich in color and more vibrant and no obvious signs of it looking stretched or pixelated in wide mode. There was no noticeable backlight bleeding, only a small amount on the top right corner. I will use it for Xbox360 hookup and a PC monitor and I am satisfied at the moment with it. The main thing for me was it offered better picture quality than my 22" Westinghouse on the Xbox 360 setup with the incentive of 2 more inches added to it. I also wanted the added size/resolution for website browsing using 2 tiled windows at the same time. The higher resolution allows for a greater view of the entire page on both windows as oppose to my 22" LCD. I will be scrolling more often on the 22" as opposed to the 24". For me, the most obvious incentive when I bought this was the extra size and resolution a 24" monitor can deliver over a 22", the fact it offered video inputs and the price was fair. I originally had my eyes set on the Benq 24" because of the HDMI input but, when you see another 24" monitor that you can get locally, it's so easy to pick it up because of convenience. Plus, you have the convenience of returning it at your nearby Best Buy store. Heck, sometimes the fun part of buying anything in general is opening it up and trying it out for yourself and verifying whether it be good as what some people say or not so good as what other people say. Just make sure you have the option of returning it. Also, don't lose the receipt!

Well after much debate I took mine back for some small issues that ended up conviencing me just to go back to a 22" because of cost/price ratio. I also like some found that the text was abnormally blurry and that for some reason(heat related maybe?) that when going from dark to light web pages the monitor looks to be playing catch up(lag?). Also the brightness was playing factor. I just felt like I was always trying to adjust the monitor for that perfect picture all to often but never really got to it. Again, I really liked the monitor but these small quirksbugged me eneough just to settle in on a 22" which imo is just the best value for the buck right now.

I just picked up a Samsung 225bw for $350 locally. Half the cost and the picture is beautiful.

For people who connect their Xbox360 system to this, here is what I discovered. After updating my Xbox 360 and enabling 1920 x 1080 Resolution on it and enabling 1:1 video scaling it looks great through the VGA input. It looks awesome actually. Of course, you sacrifice some screen area but only 3/4 of an inch. So...actually you have 23 and 1/4" of screen playing at 1920 x 1080 at 1:1. Some people reported a line streaking in the middle when playing games. You don't need to play a game to notice this, you can toggle between the Xbox360 desktop and you will notice this. Toggle meaning flipping through the Xbox live, Games, Media and System windows. A quick fix can remove this by turning your monitor off and turning it back on. The monitor will auto detect the input signal of the Xbox360 and from there it works fine. However, if you change the resolution on the Xbox to another lower resolution say..1280 x 1024 and change the video scaling to wide and then want to revert back to 1920 x 1080 with 1:1 scaling then that horizontal streak will appear again. You will have to turn your monitor off again and turn it back on to remove it. But, once it's removed it will be gone and not appear as long as you don't tamper with the 360s resolution and monitors video scaling. As far as video imputs, it's not so good for the components as well as S-video input. I tried both component inputs for the DVD player and it looks the same. I hooked up the Xbox 360 through component and enabled 1080P support and it to screws up as what other people on here mentioned as well. The screen comes green. Even at other resolutions the quality is poor. So...if people are looking at this monitor for the benefits of the video input feature, you will be dissapointed. Whether it be hooking a dvd player to it or console game system on both components as well as S-video connection the image looks pixelated and blurred. Your better off watching the dvd through your computers dvd rom. As a computer monitor it looks ok. My brothers 24" Acer looks a bit sharper on the text then this Gateway. So far had this for 2 days and from messing around with it here is my impressions on it.

Pros:
-Xbox360 hookup through VGA connection at 1920x1080 with 1:1 scaling looks awesome! Even 1280 x 1024 with wide scaling enabled looks good.
-Monitor versatilty is convenient such as swiveling the base, adjusting screen height(height can go up or down by 5") and monitor rotation from landscape to portrait.
-It's light and easy to move around. Has kensington lock feature to secure your monitor.
-Comes with both VGA cable and DVI cable
-Comes with 4 usb 2.0 ports.(2 on the bottom and 2 on the left side of the monitor)USB downstream cable is included.
-Touch screen controls is useful and a neat feature. (Take your time though you can't press and select things as fast as you may want it to go. It gives you 10 sec to make a selection before menu screen dissappears.)
-Available at your local store at a decent price of $679 and option to refund or exchange at your convenience if not satisfied.

Cons:
-My main disappointment is the video inputs. Most of us will be enticed to get it. But in my experience, the S-video, and 2 x component inputs video quality looks terrible. You can easily compare this to another monitor that has video inputs.
-Noise generating from the back of the monitor. It's not that bad or loud but it is noticeable due to its high pitch sound. The sound varies to. What worries me, is the noise makes you feel like it will conk out one day. However, everything works fine.
-No HDMI input or built in memory card reader as offered by the Benq 24" and Dell 24". Might as well get rid of the video inputs and include another DVI and HDMI input since the video input quality is poor.
-Text through DVI connection can be a bit sharper. Brothers 24" Acer is a bit sharper.
-Colors are not really accurate so you may need to adjust it to fit your liking.

Well after much debate I took mine back for some small issues that ended up conviencing me just to go back to a 22" because of cost/price ratio.

I agree. If I were looking for a computer display and didn't want a 1080p capable screen (and that 24" wasn't already a bit small to use as a TV in my living room)... I'd be all over the 22" displays. For a computer, it is not that much smaller, but MUCH cheaper.

HardwareGuru said:
Cons:
-My main disappointment is the video inputs. Most of us will be enticed to get it. But in my experience, the S-video, and 2 x component inputs video quality looks terrible. You can easily compare this to another monitor that has video inputs.
-Noise generating from the back of the monitor. It's not that bad or loud but it is noticeable due to its high pitch sound. The sound varies to. What worries me, is the noise makes you feel like it will conk out one day. However, everything works fine.

The comparison point is really key for s-video and component. People need to realize that blowing up low rez content on a high rez display isn't going to look too pretty. CRTs hide a lot of badness. :D

But, you are correct that I've noticed quite a difference in the quality of how various LCDs handle the input and display of the lower rez signals. I tried out the Dell 2407 and 2405, and unless I had some setting really wrong on the 2047, it doesn't hold a candle to the 2405 on the component inputs. So, I'm always looking for comparisons in this regard.... does SD rez over component on the Gateway look better or worse than some known, X. If someone just says that it looks terrible... it could be they've never seen SD on a 1080p LCD before... or that it really does look terrible compared to other 1080p LCDs.

As for the noise... it isn't necessarily a sign of doom. From the descriptions, it could be anything from noise being made by some the video processing ICs, to capacitors, to the transformers in the power supply. Depending on what it is, yes, it could be a poor quality component that will likely fail, but it also could be just something that will annoy you for the next 10 years.

I just said I wouldn't buy it unless they let me use the 12% coupon and it was NP. About to set it up in a few.....

Ok I am back again to post that my roommate got a 2485w as well and his buzzes just as loud as mine. (yes we can both hear it I am not crazy.) Also the demo 2485w from my work does the same thing. Think we are just unlucky? I really doubt it. All of these monitors must buzz. This is 3 monitors from 3 different shipments, so its not just a bad batch. The people reporting it either have a lot of other noise in the room or cant here the frequency that the power-supply produces.
If you have a slient PC or room this monitor will be the loudest thing in the room by far. My 32in CRT HDTV is silent. Why is this monitor making noise!?

Sorry and I don't mean to correct you but:

Both of my Gateway's are completely silent.

I have even tried listening after shutting off my PC at the end of the evening in a practically silent room. Nothing. The only way I hear anything is if I put my ear directly on the back of the monitor and only then is it very faint.

Best.

JMD

Sorry and I don't mean to correct you but:

Both of my Gateway's are completely silent.

I have even tried listening after shutting off my PC at the end of the evening in a practically silent room. Nothing. The only way I hear anything is if I put my ear directly on the back of the monitor and only then is it very faint.

Best.

JMD
Well I, my coworkers and roommate have all hurd it on the 3 models and its very noticeable within 10 feet of the monitor. You can even hear it at my work which has tuns of noise from all the crap in it. You are either VERY lucky or you do not have very good hearing. I am going to try to to exchange it as soon as there is more in stock. Really I have no reason to lie to you guys. I just want people to be aware that out of 3 monitors I have encountered they all have this annoying issue. While you have been lucky it seems the majority, if not all of these monitors have this problem.

The sound is noticeable on mines. Regardless of the other peoples monitors that don't make any sound or noticeable sound, there is enough posts on this forum from several people including me that the chances of you getting one will also make a particular noise also. However, mine is not that loud or enough to bother me to the point where I'm going to return it yet. I'm curious on this and will contact Gateway on it and see what they say about it. I'm more concerned of it lasting then the sound. However, because of the sound, it makes us think it will not last or somethings wrong with it.

I decided to put my little fan behind the monitor and blow air through the vents just to help cool the monitors internal components. The setting on the fan is not blowing that strong. I noticed after an hour the monitors noise came quieter. From what SteveW928 mentioned earlier he could be right in that the video processing ICs, to capacitors, to the transformers in the power supply could be contributing to the noise. I notice the sound becomes louder when the monitor is on longer. However, now that it got some cooling it came quieter to the point where most people including me wouldn't notice it. The fan that I'm using hardly makes noise since the setting is on low speed. Therefore, when they made this monitor, some of them got generic low quality components and others had better ones. Or.. the value of the capacitors, IC etc were slightly different in the ratings. This would explain why some users monitors have no noise while others do.

I still stand firm, I have no noise issues and my hearing is good.
I
I do not doubt others may have a problem but there are those of us who have none.

I noticed JMD is from Florida...I too am in Fl. Could we have been fortunate to get the "better" shipment?

i can hear that buzzing sound, but it's not that noticeable unless i'm several inches from the monitor.

Well I, my coworkers and roommate have all hurd it on the 3 models and its very noticeable within 10 feet of the monitor. You can even hear it at my work which has tuns of noise from all the crap in it. You are either VERY lucky or you do not have very good hearing. I am going to try to to exchange it as soon as there is more in stock. Really I have no reason to lie to you guys. I just want people to be aware that out of 3 monitors I have encountered they all have this annoying issue. While you have been lucky it seems the majority, if not all of these monitors have this problem.

Now, now no one is calling you a liar. I prefaced my post by saying: "I am not trying to correct you."
I am just simply stating a fact and my hearing is fine.
Don't get me wrong I think it is good that you state you are having an issue with the product as it does help educate future purchasers of a possible issue.
But stating that the majority, if not all of these monitors have this problem is a tab bit irresponsible of you don't you think?
I have to ask on what facts is this statement based on?
If anything, base on what I have read, it is a small minority of units that have this buzzing issue.
When it comes to posters on forums: Those who have no problems don't come on here looking for answers and are therefore unheard from.
I hope your next exchange is a good one.

best

JMD

no weird buzzing sounds coming from mine but instead there is a what i can only think to call "colored ghosting" effect when fast moving images I.E. Games (WoW, Day of the Defeated and so on) are in use. Its enough of an problem that i may take this monitor back. I fired off Gateway a email explaning the issue and they promted me to "contact my software manufacturer for futher assistance" which basicly baffled me. Dont know if anyone else has encountered this weird effect or not.

Back