Gateway driver issues

jeffmoss26

2[H]4U
I am trying to fix a Gateway ESX 500S PC for a customer of mine. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows, which went fine. However, drivers for audio, video, and network are missing. So I downloaded them from Gateway, put them on my flash drive, and transferred them. However, they did not work. I am not sure what the issue is and I could not get ahold of anyone at Gateway because it is only fee-based tech support. Considering the customer is paying me to fix this I don't think they will want to pay 3 dollars a minute on the phone too.
Any help would be appreciated!
-Jeff

You Might try "Mixing Up" The Drivers; a friend of mine told me of an HP Brio that he worked on once, he downloaded the Modem and Sound Drivers, neither would install, he decided to try one last time, he goes to install the modem and accidently puts in the disk with the sound driver, it takes it, and the sound took the "modem" driver, yup, the drivers were mis-labeled on HP's website, maybe you have a similar issue.

You may also try getting drivers from driverguide.com or another third party site.

Back