Gates Surrenders MS Shareholder Crown to Ballmer in 2014

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bill Gates is just about ready to shed his crown as top shareholder of Microsoft Corporation. The crown will then be passed on to retiring CEO Steve Ballmer. Gates has been selling off his shares in a yearly fashion to fund his charity organization, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

At his 10-year pace of selling stock, Gates will hand over the shareholding crown to Ballmer before mid-2014. Gates will have exhausted his holdings by September 2018 unless he stops or slows his selling.

Wasn't it in Gates agreement with the board that he will sell off his shares by a certain date?

oh well time to look for a new OS ballmer made such a kludge of windows 8 when it had so much promise as being a fast light weight system early on.

oh well time to look for a new OS ballmer made such a kludge of windows 8 when it had so much promise as being a fast light weight system early on.

Windows 8 is fine. Install startisback and quit crying about 8 already.

Windows 8 is fine. Install startisback and quit crying about 8 already.
Yep. I use Start8 and never looked back. Windows 8 is faster overall compared to 7 and I have since upgraded my other 3 PCs at home from 7 to 8. W8 also runs faster on older gen laptops compared to 7.

Single dimension UI that looks like my 4 yr. old son arranged a pile of jolly ranchers on the table and this braying moron is the largest shareholder at Microsoft? I don't give a shit how fast W8 boots (how often does anyone boot a computer?) or launches a browser (with a SSD there is no way you'd notice any way). I've worked hard to be an adult with an adult intellect and I don't want waste my valuable life playing with toys designed for developmentally disabled toddlers.

Single dimension UI that looks like my 4 yr. old son arranged a pile of jolly ranchers on the table and this braying moron is the largest shareholder at Microsoft? I don't give a shit how fast W8 boots (how often does anyone boot a computer?) or launches a browser (with a SSD there is no way you'd notice any way). I've worked hard to be an adult with an adult intellect and I don't want waste my valuable life playing with toys designed for developmentally disabled toddlers.

Dafaq you talking about

So you didnt use the bubble windows XP when it came out either i assume then.. since it looked like a fisher price toy compared to windows 2000.

So you didnt use the bubble windows XP when it came out either i assume then.. since it looked like a fisher price toy compared to windows 2000.

I always used the classic window style in XP, it was nice that it gave you the option. If W8 gave me the option I'd be more inclined to use it.

The sad part is that Windows XP still looked more professional than the horrendous modern UI; that's not even mentioning the flat, squared off, single dimension UI which is just marginally less horrendous than the touch centric modern UI.

Modern might be great on phones, tablets and even gaming consoles; but they better keep it away from my desktop or Windows 7 will be the last Windows OS that I'll ever use. And with the options we have now, I don't see a problem with that. Linux OS for work, and Steam OS for play once it becomes more mainstream and more games support it.

Yep. I use Start8 and never looked back. Windows 8 is faster overall compared to 7 and I have since upgraded my other 3 PCs at home from 7 to 8. W8 also runs faster on older gen laptops compared to 7.

W8 is faster overall but the differences are pretty small, and certainly not worth the $100-150 cost of a new OS if you already have Win7. If you are getting a new PC and don't have Windows 7 then yeah it's worth getting Windows 8 but otherwise I'd stick with Windows 7. If you want better performance that $150 would be much better spent towards a better graphics card, SSD, etc.

I went from XP pro to 8 then 8.1

I'm 45 this year, old dog, new tricks? Get the fuck over it, after a week you've pretty much stopped crying anyway.

It's miles better, thanks for sucking it up through vista and 7 for me LOL

Better is relative especially when it comes to UI. I don't understand whats the point of coming here saying it's better for me so stop crying because its better for everyone.

I currently run a duel boot system with two os debian and windows 7. When Microsoft stops supporting windows 7 with latest versions of dx and d3d I will then run the latest version of windows just for games. As it is right now I never boot windows unless I am going to play a game; I use Linux for every thing else.

LOL NO.

Win7 is perfectly fine.:D

Lol yes. Take away metro and it's better than 7 in every way.

Metro is optional. I don't get how people cry like bitches about metro yet have no problem replacing every other windows program with something else. :rolleyes:

Lol yes. Take away metro and it's better than 7 in every way.

Metro is optional. I don't get how people cry like bitches about metro yet have no problem replacing every other windows program with something else. :rolleyes:

Exactly. W8 is W7 with Metro bolted on but better in every way. You can just boot direct to desktop if you don't want to see/use metro.

ITT: People who have issues adopting new tech.

Well that didn't take long for a news article about shares to become a W8 bashing session.

Can yall ever stick on point?

I guess I should mention I have a system builders copy of windows 8, I have windows 8 on my laptop and I use windows 7 on my main machine. I have modified files in windows 7 to get it to work faster and there are thing windows 8 does faster but it has too much overhead. What I was annoyed about is windows 8 was supposed to be windows fs or something I forget it was a while ago and would have been ten times faster than windows 7 because you could have turned off services you did not need.

Everyone can like the OS they like but mocking someone because you think they don't know anything about the OS is just sad because it shows how little you actually know about the OS.

I guess I should mention I have a system builders copy of windows 8, I have windows 8 on my laptop and I use windows 7 on my main machine. I have modified files in windows 7 to get it to work faster and there are thing windows 8 does faster but it has too much overhead. What I was annoyed about is windows 8 was supposed to be windows fs or something I forget it was a while ago and would have been ten times faster than windows 7 because you could have turned off services you did not need.

Everyone can like the OS they like but mocking someone because you think they don't know anything about the OS is just sad because it shows how little you actually know about the OS.

It's faster but has too much overhead? It uses less resources than 7 wtf are you talking about? Win 8 runs far better with less hardware.

evu.gif

Back