Gates: Don’t Try to Be a Billionaire, It’s Overrated

Also though, to show how skewed things are in the income distribution, even earning 100k puts you in the top couple percent. You'd be hard pressed to argue that someone earning 100k is wealthy though, especially considering they'd only bring home ~75k after taxes.
Compared to my ~20k after taxes, that is sitting quite nice ;). Then again it also depends on what part of the country you live in. 100k in my area would give you a pretty decent living while in NYC it isn't shit.

Yeah.... it's a matter of how you spend money.

You can EASILY, NO HASSLES, retire early if you make $100k a year for 15-20 years. I could live pretty happy off $20k-30k easily... saving the rest for investments and such.

After you save up $1.5 million, you can easily retire and bring in $30k in profits off that investment per year...... you're set, as long as you don't PISS AWAY your money on big, useless houses and properties in shitty priced locations (NYC condos and such)

Get some land, invest a mil or two, you're done for life, no more work..... $100k is rich, you just live at too high of standards.

You could live in a decent priced 2/2 for under $20k a year with food, rent and expenses all paid.... , EASILY in a southern coastal state near the water. That's easily over $50k A YEAR, for just fucking off with...... sorry, that is clearly RICH.

It's not pissing away your money if you have kids. I'll spend whatever I have to to give them each their own room and a nice backyard with woods to play in. I learned so much growing up playing outside; I'm going to give the same to my kids. You're looking at things from your own single perspective, most likely in the south or in bumfuck somewhere.

A lower cost of living isn't worth uprooting my entire family, depriving my kids of seeing their grandparents, and moving to the middle of nowhere.

From my perspective, you'd be the one pissing away your money - what's the point of having money if your standard of living is so low that you hate life?

Yeah.... it's a matter of how you spend money.

You can EASILY, NO HASSLES, retire early if you make $100k a year for 15-20 years. I could live pretty happy off $20k-30k easily... saving the rest for investments and such.

After you save up $1.5 million, you can easily retire and bring in $30k in profits off that investment per year...... you're set, as long as you don't PISS AWAY your money on big, useless houses and properties in shitty priced locations (NYC condos and such)

Get some land, invest a mil or two, you're done for life, no more work..... $100k is rich, you just live at too high of standards.

You could live in a decent priced 2/2 for under $20k a year with food, rent and expenses all paid.... , EASILY in a southern coastal state near the water. That's easily over $50k A YEAR, for just fucking off with...... sorry, that is clearly RICH.

You have obviously never tried that. Making $100k for 15 years pays mortgage, car payments and school for kids. Leaves very little left over and you will definitely not be saving up a million. Speaking from experience.

You have obviously never tried that. Making $100k for 15 years pays mortgage, car payments and school for kids. Leaves very little left over and you will definitely not be saving up a million. Speaking from experience.

I'm sorry but that is from your choices and not fact for everyone.

Back