Garry's Mod works with TF2 - Hilarious

Wow, those pics are great. Anyone want to run down exactly what Gary's Mod is and what it does?

Wow, those pics are great. Anyone want to run down exactly what Gary's Mod is and what it does?
Its basically a sandbox editor for the source engine, in which you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Due to its massive success (its been used not only by thousands of gamers for fun, but also by publishing companies, webcomics, magazine houses etc etc), Valve put it on steam and its now an official retail product you can purchase over steam. About 10 bucks or so I think.

Lol thx, I was trying to be dark and morbid. I've never used Garry's mod before, so yesterday afternoon I bought it on Steam. I then had to download a beta version so I could work with the TF2 models. There is just so much I don't know about using the tools in Garry's mod, but I wanna learn...

So, if anyone has a funny scenario or scene put it here and I will try it, because I need practice. :)

ahaha soo funny, those pics in the other thread are really good quality, not just image quality but the composition of the scene and everything, what i want to know is do you have to BUY garrys mod in order to do all that? meaning, is there a free version you can play with without having to purchase it?

ahaha soo funny, those pics in the other thread are really good quality, not just image quality but the composition of the scene and everything, what i want to know is do you have to BUY garrys mod in order to do all that? meaning, is there a free version you can play with without having to purchase it?

I'm not sure if you found this out yet, but I think the garrysmod2007 needs GMOD10 and HL2:EP2 to be able to work with TF2 models... There is a gmod9, but there isn't any TF2 models or maps.

For those that do have the $10 version of garry's mod and HL2:Ep2, you can find out how to get the 2007 beta working here.

http://http://www.gamersglobal.com/news/323

I also made another pic just for fun. :p

By ojax

Your gonna need a whole slew of the source games for gm2007 to work. I fired it up and it started to install DoD, CS, etc etc that I had purchased.

GM2007 is still in Beta and hence a lot of features don't work yet for the TF2 characters like proper face posing and finger posing does not work at all.

ctf_2fort0000.jpg

This one is grisly and dark, however no denying its a feat that requires celebration! :)

I'd like to know how some of those screenshots don't have any aliasing at all... I've cranked my system to the max as well as all graphic options in garry's mod and yet I cannot get rid of my rough edges... I'm guessing those few shots were touched up in photoshop... or maybe my computer can't produce images with such perfect AA.

I'd like to know how some of those screenshots don't have any aliasing at all... I've cranked my system to the max as well as all graphic options in garry's mod and yet I cannot get rid of my rough edges... I'm guessing those few shots were touched up in photoshop... or maybe my computer can't produce images with such perfect AA.

Maybe you can render it at a higher resolution than you want your final output to be, and resize the image down afterwards to make it look somewhat AA? Not sure how that would work as I've never used this tool before.

Why do like 25% of the pics have the heavy going after a giant cake?

AAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHROFFLMGDAOAHAHAHAHHAAA

ahhh crap that thread is too dam funny!!

Maybe you can render it at a higher resolution than you want your final output to be, and resize the image down afterwards to make it look somewhat AA? Not sure how that would work as I've never used this tool before.

Why do like 25% of the pics have the heavy going after a giant cake?

You maybe right. I'm going to try produce a higher rez image, then scale it back to a smaller resolution which usually blurs the jaggies...

As for the heavy, I think its because he has such a large animated face and hes fat, would make him the perfect suspect in cake theft. :p

love the missle in mouth.. and the reaching up buried in gnomes.. lawl!

I've been playing with this.

I was playing Super Mario Galaxy, and wanted to play TF2 also. Problem solved:
akingi-Comic.jpg

I would have had Sonic tea-bagging him, but I couldn't get it to work and this seemed as equally immature.

Next is another one done while bored:

ctf_2fort0003.jpg

What does it say about gamer's humor, when given the tools to make anything they can imagine, all they can come up with is bloody toilets and ass humor? :(

That said, the one with the engineer sitting by all the guns is pretty good.

What does it say about gamer's humor, when given the tools to make anything they can imagine, all they can come up with is bloody toilets and ass humor? :(

That said, the one with the engineer sitting by all the guns is pretty good.

K genius, rather than cut down someone's silly attempt at humor, go ahead and use GMOD to blow us all away with your amazing talent and humor... Or, stfu and realize its quite humorous to put TF2, portal, HL2 characters in odd, mature and sometimes perverted scenarios. I'd love to see your attempts! ;)

K genius, rather than cut down someone's silly attempt at humor, go ahead and use GMOD to blow us all away with your amazing talent and humor... Or, stfu and realize its quite humorous to put TF2, portal, HL2 characters in odd, mature and sometimes perverted scenarios. I'd love to see your attempts! ;)

EEEeeeeexactly.

That thread is made of PURE WIN!!!

I mean... win? WIN! WIN!!!!

Very good! :D

Awesome stuff!!!

I love the rock band in the first link.... I am a bass player and the pyro has a Musicman Stingray 4 String bass - great attention to detail! Love it :D

Back