Garmin Nuvi 200W $139.99 AC

nice! thanks dude, i've had a $60 gift card and no idea what to use it on, this is great :D:D:D

Man, I really shouldn't be spending this kind of money right now.

BUT...

I can afford it.

Decisions decisions.

This thing is ridiculously awesome. At the price, anyone even thinking about a GPS should be picking one up.

Coupon is in-store only.

The 250W is not carried in most stores.

Otherwise it would be, sure. The only difference between the 200W and the 250W is that the 250W includes maps of Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii. The 200W only has the lower 48.

Other than that they are identical.

mine was $90 bucks out the door thanks to some gift cards i had laying around, thanks again OP, this is great. I've been using the GPS on my sprint mogul with google maps when traveling, this makes my life so much easier since the little woman loves to travel :D i love that you have the option to run it soley on battery power as well. That's probably a normal option, but it's my first stand alone GPS so i'm easily impressed right now :D the screen is crystal clear and i love that it even gives you an ETA when you choose your destination. Great gadget for the price!

Coupon is in-store only.

The 250W is not carried in most stores.

Otherwise it would be, sure. The only difference between the 200W and the 250W is that the 250W includes maps of Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii. The 200W only has the lower 48.

Other than that they are identical.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I had such a hard time telling the options apart. I think it's a little bigger too.

I gotta be right about something :)

OK, here's the scoop with the 200 series.

The 200W and 250W are 100% identical in form and function, except the 200W only has US 48 maps and the 250W adds AK, HI, and Canada.

The 260W is identical to the 250W in every way except it adds text-to-speech (it reads the street names to you).

The 2x5W are identical to the 2x0W units except they add FM traffic and some MSN thing.

It took me several hours of research to figure this out. There's like ten thousand Nuvi models.

OK, here's the scoop with the 200 series.

The 200W and 250W are 100% identical in form and function, except the 200W only has US 48 maps and the 250W adds AK, HI, and Canada.

The 260W is identical to the 250W in every way except it adds text-to-speech (it reads the street names to you).

The 2x5W are identical to the 2x0W units except they add FM traffic and some MSN thing.

It took me several hours of research to figure this out. There's like ten thousand Nuvi models.

I dub thee Navigator of the thy Navigation units..... Aye aye El captain.

thanks!

Sold out everywhere around here except Compton.
hmm

Every store in my area has them. When I was there yesterday, the local store (Albany) had a big stack.

Office Depot has a sale on these for $129. Use Worst Buy's $50 off coupon as a competitor coupon at OD = $79.99 plus tax.
I tested this out from San Diego to LAX couple days ago when I bought it. Works great but one major flaw I found is that even after filtering out highways and other stuff it still will direct you through the back roads. This is great in any other city except when it tells you to go through Compton and other great hispanic gang infested areas ( lol ) to get to LAX. IMO needs some type of software menu feature to stay on the freeways..other than that this is 1 of the greatest purchases you can make bang for buck wise for 2008.

Office Depot has the 200, not the 200W, on sale for $129.

The 200 has a much smaller non-wide screen with a lower vertical resolution. It's overall 70% smaller. As a result, the Nuvi 200 is much cheaper than the 200W.

screensizesuper.jpg

And YMMV on the coupon thing. They're not supposed to take it, but they might.

I've had a Garmin Legend Cx for years, and I've never had a problem with its routing.

I need to read fine print more closely next time... this coupon does not work. :( I suppose you may get lucky and find a very uninformed employee that will accept it and somehow make it work for you.

This 200W is 'on sale' for $189.99 which is apparently an 'offer' with which this coupon does not combine.

I wish others better luck than I had.

Being on sale shouldn't count as "an offer." It's certainly not a coupon. It's not an outlet item or a clearance price.

I've used similar Reward Zone coupons on many sale items in the past. They are supposed to be accepted for on sale items.

I've had a Garmin Legend Cx for years, and I've never had a problem with its routing.

Any way to keep it to keep it strictly freeway map routing? Try driving around with the routes it gives in Los Angeles or the ghetto areas in your city lol. Filters don't work too well or maybe I'm not setting it correctly.

Thanks guys, I had been debating picking one up and this offer sold me on it. I tested it on the way home and it worked well for me. I am in Tampa and don't travel through the bad part of town often so this works well.

Any idea on what to expect with battery life?

Thanks guys, I had been debating picking one up and this offer sold me on it. I tested it on the way home and it worked well for me. I am in Tampa and don't travel through the bad part of town often so this works well.

Any idea on what to expect with battery life?

Spec is 5 hours, but I've heard more like 2.5 - 3.5 in practice.

I just went and did this...the instructions for the cashier are on the coupon...the only question asked "was I a Reward Zone member" after my phone # didn't show up in there data base...scanned the coupon and off I went...try again at another store...thanks OP...been sitting on the fence for months on a widescreen unit...glad I waited
I need to read fine print more closely next time... this coupon does not work. :( I suppose you may get lucky and find a very uninformed employee that will accept it and somehow make it work for you.

This 200W is 'on sale' for $189.99 which is apparently an 'offer' with which this coupon does not combine.

I wish others better luck than I had.

Being on sale shouldn't count as "an offer." It's certainly not a coupon. It's not an outlet item or a clearance price.

I've used similar Reward Zone coupons on many sale items in the past. They are supposed to be accepted for on sale items.
I guess that I was just very unlucky then. It was at the Ann Arbor, MI store btw for anyone that's in the area. I suppose I should have asked for a manager. Oh well, I'll try again at another store that's near my workplace tomorrow and just make noise until they give in. :)

Damn, wish this deal was around on Fathers Day. I got one for my dad but paid $100 more. :(

worked for me in Duluth GA (ATL suburb). GC+reward zone coupons+$50 coupon made it $55 out the door. good unit.

I bought the Garmin 255 not too long ago for $300! This is a great deal for a widescreen.

It's worth noting that on the coupon I printed out, the barcode was for some reason unscannable. The numbers were also illegible. The cashier got her supervisor to come out, who also couldn't read them. So she went online and found the coupon on the Best Buy website, I guess.

Just note, the 200 and 200W does have speech just not street names, so it will still talk to you, turn left now, left turn in 1 mile, etc it just will not say out the street name. I picked up the regular nuvi 200 at Office Depot on sale with the $50 Best Buy coupon no problem so it was $85 out the door. I'm not sure about the 200W but the 200 fits in all my shirt pockets so it makes it great to pull out of the car and take on foot which is what I needed.

Guys, FYI they vary quite alot in terms of accuracy. Occasionally you'll see it listed in specs in terms of meters; <10 meters is excellent, >30 meters is bad. These days' they're all SIRF receivers which are supposed to be 15 meters, but with the help of better algorithms (WAAS) and accelerometers they can get the accuracy much tighter.

Bear in mind that 30 meters is a city block, and bigger than a highway split. Bad ones don't work well in tight traffic situations, when you really need them.

I beleive the garmin x60 series has <10 meter precision; I believe the 200 is around 15-20m. For reference, the 360 is pretty much the most precise GPS unit you can buy. These are the specs we should be looking at, but they don't always publish them:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858108312
Accuracy (Position) <5m
Accuracy (Velocity) 0.5 meter/sec, 67%
Accuracy With WAAS (Position) <5m
Accuracy With WAAS (Velocity) 0.05 meter/sec, 67%

don't forget to get your 2009 map update! expires in august sometime! if you get the out of space error, delete the language files (except english of course) of the garmin and you'll have enough. it takes a LONG ASS TIME so be prepared. 2gb download plus SUPER LONG installation time.

I guess that I was just very unlucky then. It was at the Ann Arbor, MI store btw for anyone that's in the area. I suppose I should have asked for a manager. Oh well, I'll try again at another store that's near my workplace tomorrow and just make noise until they give in. :)
Just an update, I was able to get the deal at the Novi, MI store. No questions asked... she scanned the GPS, scanned my membership, scanned the coupon, and it took $50 off. It was like magic. :)

Glad I was able to get the deal.:cool:

I took advantage of this coupon last week.. They had the Nuvi 200 (not the wide one) for $149, bringing it down to $99. I already have a 250W, so I wont hop on this one, personally.

I also saw the Garmin GPS18 USB Automotive Pack at my local store for $88.99 on clearance, so I went back with another coupon, and walked out the door with it for $38.99.. Unfortunately, I do not see it on BB.com but you never know.

Are the map updates free with garmin, or do they charge for them?

Generally not after a time period.

The 2009 map update is currently out. Whatever comes next probably won't be free. Looking at around $60 if you want to update the maps later.

Just an update, I was able to get the deal at the Novi, MI store. No questions asked... she scanned the GPS, scanned my membership, scanned the coupon, and it took $50 off. It was like magic. :)

Glad I was able to get the deal.:cool:

Also seamless process at the Farmington Hills BB on Orchard Lake Rd.

Nice to see another member so close.

I took advantage of this coupon last week.. They had the Nuvi 200 (not the wide one) for $149, bringing it down to $99. I already have a 250W, so I wont hop on this one, personally.

I also saw the Garmin GPS18 USB Automotive Pack at my local store for $88.99 on clearance, so I went back with another coupon, and walked out the door with it for $38.99.. Unfortunately, I do not see it on BB.com but you never know.

Did you get the Pink one?

Back