Gap in between my Toxic 6950's?

apav

Gawd
Hi guys! I ordered 2 of these bad boys for my crossfire configuration:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102951

My only question is will there be some sort of gap between the cards on my board?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131729

I hope they won't be right ontop of each other like this:
a53e131f-2cb7-42b5-b7c3-a5a043c07d92.JPG

*note* not my motherboard and not my cards.

If the cards need to be inserted into the dark blue/grey PCI-E slots then we might have some trouble.. these are big cards. Anyone know if this is or will be a problem? Thanks :)

I ran these on my RP3E and I had no gap. I had to purchase a 10cm crossfire cable to have them in PCIe slots 1 and 3,

Yes there will be a gap. You can see that there is a PCI slot in the third slot so nothing should really go there. Your first pcie slot has 3 slots worth of space before touching the second pcie slot.

I ran these on my RP3E and I had no gap. I had to purchase a 10cm crossfire cable to have them in PCIe slots 1 and 3,

Did you have them in the pci-e slots right next to each other? If thats the case, there's a much bigger gap on mine.

Yes there will be a gap. You can see that there is a PCI slot in the third slot so nothing should really go there. Your first pcie slot has 3 slots worth of space before touching the second pcie slot.

How are you counting your slots? Top to bottom? Third slot top to bottom is the grey PCI-E slot. Or I'm just tired and can't see what you're saying.

I'm pretty sure my 6950's will go in the dark blue/grey pci-e slots for dual x8/x8 bandwith. If that's the case, since the cards are dual slot, there should be 1 slot of a gap left?

the black pcie x16 slot is slot 1, the pcie x1 is slot 2, the PCI slot is slot 3. the card consumes 2 slots. the PCI slot is your gap.

They will be fine. The top one will likely be a bit loud if you flip the 6970 switch over, but it won't die or anything.

I guess I'll have to increase the fan speed on the top one to get the temperatures down to the bottom card's level. As long as I'm not suffocating the card I can live with that.

And yes I plan on unlocking both cards.

My cards have this sort of spacing, and the fan speeds run within 1-2% of each other to keep the same temperatures.

Your going to be just fine...... Now put it together and show and tell for us.:) Pics. please!

Back