Gaming YouTube channels you like.

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
What are some gaming-related YT channels you like? Here are a few of mine:

GameTheory: Does lots of interesting theory videos. Not for people that like to be TOO serious but fun theories nonetheless.
The Completionist: Every game he reviews he beats 100% not matter how bad/difficult including achievements/trophies. This guy is awesome!!
AlphaOmegaSin: Guy that has pretty cool content, granted he is known for yelling and swearing over stuff he's passionate about and the people at NeoGAF hate his guts due to him being against SJWs, Anita Sarkeesian and the like but while certainly not for everyone I like him and think he does great content.
GameSack: A duo of long-time friends that are a bit older than your usual gamers but can offer interesting perspectives and do fairly long videos on topics such as types of video games where they show footage while talking about a game for a bit and going to the next and some very awesome system videos where they go into detail about the specs of the system and some games on it. Warning though, according to NeoGAF they make trans jokes from the part of this video.
Gameranx: Does a lot of cool top 10 lists and does great general videos.
TGN: Does some pretty interesting video game lists.
A+Start: Does some VERY cool and in-depth glitch videos that are very interesting to watch.

GameTheory is a lot of fun.

I can't link to it from here (work) but "Did you know gaming" gives you a lot of in depth facts of games.

Lazy Game Reviews
Ahoy (super well done... awesome channel IMO)
Metal Jesus Rocks
Game Theory
Retroware.TV
Gamesack

I have a few others too but those are the usual go-to's

And not exactly always gaming related, but still really enjoy the content they put out, LinusTechTips and ChannelSuperFun

Arumba He primarily plays Paradox grand strategy games, but he does dip into other games as well. He's much more analytical about his playing and doesn't often tell jokes. He gets heavy into the math involved in the games he plays.
Christopher Odd Plays a wide verity of games. He does a lot of XCOM and is pretty good at it. He tend to go through several newer games.
Guru Larry Various interesting and funny videos on obscure games and interesting game facts.
Mal Another strategy game player. Fairly good at it when he gets to know a game.
Noah Caldwell-Gervais Does longer videos talking about specific games or game series in detail. Does a good job going over the history of various series.
Shenryyr2 Yet another strategy game player. He can also be good at games, but he's more funny than the other two. He does tend to play up the anger and being "salty" so if that annoys you be wary.
SpiffySquee Disclaimer: Squee is a friend of mine so this is a bit of plug for his channel but I got into his LP's before becoming friends with him. He's a bit on the "derpy" side of things at times and has a good sense of humor. He's not the best at games but he has fun playing them and can be pretty funny.
TalesOfCreed Primarily plays Tales games.

What are some gaming-related YT channels you like? Here are a few of mine:

GameTheory: Does lots of interesting theory videos. Not for people that like to be TOO serious but fun theories nonetheless.
The Completionist: Every game he reviews he beats 100% not matter how bad/difficult including achievements/trophies. This guy is awesome!!
AlphaOmegaSin: Guy that has pretty cool content, granted he is known for yelling and swearing over stuff he's passionate about and the people at NeoGAF hate his guts due to him being against SJWs, Anita Sarkeesian and the like but while certainly not for everyone I like him and think he does great content.
GameSack: A duo of long-time friends that are a bit older than your usual gamers but can offer interesting perspectives and do fairly long videos on topics such as types of video games where they show footage while talking about a game for a bit and going to the next and some very awesome system videos where they go into detail about the specs of the system and some games on it. Warning though, according to NeoGAF they make trans jokes from the part of this video.
Gameranx: Does a lot of cool top 10 lists and does great general videos.
TGN: Does some pretty interesting video game lists.
A+Start: Does some VERY cool and in-depth glitch videos that are very interesting to watch.
AlphaOmegaSin is a cool guy with whom I'd like to hang out with.

Yeah, me too! I was quite surprised finding out he is really hated on NeoGAF, people were saying he spreads hate, is a supporter of GamerGate and is an awful person lol.

He reminds me of those guys in HS that had to say fuck or fucking in every sentence just to get a point across as if it made them cooler or something and talks as if he is a scholar and you are dumber than him if you disagree with him.

Britbong- Because he trolls the shit out of people in second life and it makes me lol when people get so angry at others in a video game
Totalbiscut- watch him just to get a feel for games and we share most of the same opinions.
videogamedunkey- watch him for the lolz

He reminds me of those guys in HS that had to say fuck or fucking in every sentence just to get a point across as if it made them cooler or something and talks as if he is a scholar and you are dumber than him if you disagree with him.

Britbong- Because he trolls the shit out of people in second life and it makes me lol when people get so angry at others in a video game
Totalbiscut- watch him just to get a feel for games and we share most of the same opinions.
videogamedunkey- watch him for the lolz
If you look past the foul language I think he has some well-formed opinions, unlike many people out there. Doesn't mean he's right all the time. But his knowledge of video games and takes on issues plaguing the industry makes me feel like we could sit down and enjoy some vidya after having some lively conversation.

Yeah I think Alpha Omega is one of those Anti everything guys his eyes look so stretched into the back of his head from excess videogames.

If you look past the foul language I think he has some well-formed opinions, unlike many people out there. Doesn't mean he's right all the time. But his knowledge of video games and takes on issues plaguing the industry makes me feel like we could sit down and enjoy some vidya after having some lively conversation.
Yeah i will agree with you there, he is very knowlegable with the gaming industry and makes a lot of good points. I just feel like he tries too hard to be edgy by saying fucking every sentence and if i were to have a difference of opinion with him he would just tell im fucking retarded and to fuck off. Maybe thats just an act he puts on for his channel and hes actually a cool dude in RL, but thats the vibe i get from his videos.

Yeah i will agree with you there, he is very knowlegable with the gaming industry and makes a lot of good points. I just feel like he tries too hard to be edgy by saying fucking every sentence and if i were to have a difference of opinion with him he would just tell im fucking retarded and to fuck off. Maybe thats just an act he puts on for his channel and hes actually a cool dude in RL, but thats the vibe i get from his videos.
Here's a video of him playing RE:TUC with the AVGN:

TotalBiscuit
Jim Sterling
Angry Joe
Worth A Buy
Cinemassacre (AVGN)
Hypnotizd (Minecraft)
Kryllyk (Minecraft + other stuff)

Let's play is pretty funny, group of 5-6 guys playing different games with some very interesting banter.

Or achievement hunter/ rooster teeth, some of the same guys from let's play but it's more game oriented content but not specificly people playing games, like random facts about a game or Easter egg locations and so on

Right now, I can only think of two:

ProtoMario (Does a lot of Nintendo stuff)
Ashens (Reviews bad Chinese knock-off video game consoles)

NX Gamer: He is very knowledgeable on the technical aspects of video games. When he reviews games he zeros in on what makes the game tick. Shadows, textures, frames per second and any methods or tricks he thinks the developers used making the game is what he discusses. I think he is fascinating and I always come away from his videos thinking I listened to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Adam Koralik: He is a console guy. He knows more about consoles than anyone I have run into. Everything from the marketing to the hardware to the games. If it is console related Adam either knows or has an informed opinion. He travels internationally collecting games and consoles.

None, I hope all youtube channel gamers get canceled, lose everything and end up on the streets where they'll have to beg for change in those obnoxious forced voices they make whoring themselves out to tweens to get subscriptions.

I tolerate the existence of Angryjoe and totalbiscuit but I consider them more pundits than the endless massive of Let's play pewdeepie wannabes and twitchboob girls.

If I click on a video to get gameplay impressions I want to see the gameplay and gather my own impression, I don't wanna hear your twee fucking opinion and listen to 3 minutes of you begging me to subscribe.

I like TB, but he's been on the estrogen train... like every time he says something that might sound sexist he corrects himself. Still, he's informative, and that's what's important.
Angryjoe is fun to watch and his opinions are some that I generally agree with.
Alpha Omega Sin is pretty knowledgeable, but it's hard to watch his gameplays, too much cussing... like someone else said, it's like he tries too hard, but still, he's another informative person.
Tarmack, same reason.
Just subscribed to ACG, he seems to have good takes on stuff, but I'll have to watch more to know.
Zero Punctuation, he's fun to watch, even if I disagree with some of his takes on things, but whatever, difference of opinion isn't a bad thing.
Avalanche Reviews, he does the rarer/older stuff and he seems to think things through.

I watch Gopher for his Lets Plays, which is rare because I don't want a lot of lets plays. He has a nice enthusiasm in his vids, and his role play is fun. Not to mention him floundering around to things can get hilarious.

Oh, and FearfulFerret's channel. I like his chitchat while he does his world record speedruns. And he's good at speedruns.

None, I hope all youtube channel gamers get canceled, lose everything and end up on the streets where they'll have to beg for change in those obnoxious forced voices they make whoring themselves out to tweens to get subscriptions.

I tolerate the existence of Angryjoe and totalbiscuit but I consider them more pundits than the endless massive of Let's play pewdeepie wannabes and twitchboob girls.

If I click on a video to get gameplay impressions I want to see the gameplay and gather my own impression, I don't wanna hear your twee fucking opinion and listen to 3 minutes of you begging me to subscribe.

So you hate your life and are pathetically jealous of people able to make money doing what they love?

Exactly :|

I'd love to make the kind of money Pewdiepie, Markeplier, etc make as well, but oh well. You make what you can out of the shit life gives you and try not to worry about how much better other people have it. I gave up caring about that shit years ago. It's pointless to put any passion into giving a fuck how other people make their living. If someone is able to make money while doing something they love, good for them.

I don't really follow any gaming related channels regularly. I used to watch angryjoe until fame went into his head, and annoying shill joe was born.
I also followed clevernoobs, until the founder went berserk disowned his followers and deleted all videos, because they were too "depressing".

I'm a fan of boogie2988, he's the only YouTuber I really follow. He's not even a very good gamer. To be honest I'm not sure why people enjoy watching other people play games, when that is time one could spend playing themselves.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Angry Joe
Gopher's Skyrim Mod Sanctuary (I wish he still did these, as they were really well done)

I'm a fan of boogie2988, he's the only YouTuber I really follow. He's not even a very good gamer. To be honest I'm not sure why people enjoy watching other people play games, when that is time one could spend playing themselves.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

It depends on the game and the personality. There are a lot of games I will never get around to playing or will never be able to put in as much time as I like, but I enjoy the personality and playstyle of the person playing. Any game developed by Paradox Development Studios basically requires watching Let's Plays. The systems are so complex and obtuse that it takes videos, forum reading, and tons of play time to learn them properly. I actually find that helpful for a lot of strategy games actually. It's nice watching people that are much better than me at those games and learning from them. And other times I just enjoy seeing someone else's take on a game while playing through it, hearing and/or seeing their reaction to specific events in a game. It's no different than watching someone do something on a TV show. Taste is entirely subjective. There are a lot things I look at and go "why the hell would people enjoy that"? We all have those things we can't understand why people enjoy.

The only one I really follow with real enthusiasm. He doesn't just play games, he builds his own layer of slightly psychotic mythology on top of them. His Sims 3 "Redneck Brothers" series in particular is epic. And he doesn't stick an overlay of his stupid, gurning, narcissistic face over his videos like the majority of youtube gamers seem to feel compelled to, so that's a bonus.
In between Robbaz posts, I'll pass the time with some Jim Sterling, or occasionally some Scott Manley (but only in small doses). I have no interest in the legions of interchangeable, ever-so-edgy, shouting, witless children.

DSPGaming (DarkSydePhil). I'm sorry, but he makes me laugh, especially when playing online fighting games.

Back