PLANNED BUILD:

ASUS X99-S
Intel i7 5820 Haswell E
Kingston HyperX Pred DDR4 2666QC 16GB
ASUS GTX 980 4GB (ref)
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
WDRed NAS HDD 3TB
Seasonic Platinum Series 660W
Lite On Ext. DVD EBAU 108 (only occasional use)
CASE: ? (Too bad Caselabs cant be had in Denmark).
COOLER: ? Suggestions are very welcome.

App. $3200 with a $400 case included. This is the 4th machine I will build for this good friend of mine. Last one made it 6 years (still going actually!) A new record! This new rig will be build with the following in mind:
GPU and SSD (m.2) upgrade down the line. Plus a new monitor at some point, most likely 27" 2560x1440.

Main doubts are SSD and Cooler. Also is it a good idea to buy now and not in mid December? He needs it now.

Input is much appreciated :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming for the next 4 years, at least!

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$3-4K

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Denmark (expensive hardware :( )

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU; RAM; MB; PSU; GPU; SSD; HD, COOLER; CASE; Ext. DVD

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Monitor. Dell 2410.

6) Will you be overclocking?
Eventually yes. Only CPU.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
1920 x 1200 (I know..)

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Next week.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
The features of the ASUS X99-S. No doubts in the MB department.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
64bit Win 7 pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back