Gaming Problem

MxFlamesxS

n00b
My problem is that whenever I play any game, my computer crashes with the blue screen. The games I play are BF2, the Half life 2 series, Left 4 Dead, Need for speed Games, etc.....

My Specs are:

Motherboard- ASUS P5N72-T Premium
HD- Western Digital 500GB SATA
RAM- 4 Gigs of Corsair 800Mhz
Graphics Card- ATI Radeon HD 4850
Power Supply- Dynex 700 Watt
Processor- INtel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz
OS- Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1

If it happens with any game and you've tried the usual like updating drivers, running scans for
virus', spyware, etc. It might be time to do a reinstall and start clean and see if that helps.

And if that doesn't help. You probably have a bit of faulty hardware somewhere.

Could be almost anything, need more information. If it only happens when you play games, it could be a driver problem, vid card, power consumption (Dynex PSU?).

I just built the machine so I don't think I have any virus's or anything of that sort. I made sure all the drivers were up to date so that shouldn't be an issue. I was thinking also the power supply. I had a more power needy video card before and was suggested to go with the radeon because of less power consumption but it didn't fix the problem. Do you think I should start with a better power supply or look else for an issue? :confused:

I just built the machine so I don't think I have any virus's or anything of that sort. I made sure all the drivers were up to date so that shouldn't be an issue. I was thinking also the power supply. I had a more power needy video card before and was suggested to go with the radeon because of less power consumption but it didn't fix the problem. Do you think I should start with a better power supply or look else for an issue? :confused:

Your power supply is fine wattage wise. You really need to give us more detail. Exact model number of the CPU, drivers you are using, etc. Then you can begin testing and pinpoint the issue.

As far as we know right now, it could be an issue with ram, cpu, vid card, psu.

start with the weak link...Dynex PSU. Wattage may be fine, but output fluctuations, and amperage ratings play more of a part than overall voltage. If it's not clean power, I wouldn't trust it

I agree with above poster. Yeah, it's a 700 watter, but it's Dynex. Who is Dynex, ive never heard of them? I would check your system with a different name rand power supply. It's a nice system, but you should never cheap out on the power supply.

start with the weak link...Dynex PSU. Wattage may be fine, but output fluctuations, and amperage ratings play more of a part than overall voltage. If it's not clean power, I wouldn't trust it

Also, who knows if it's actually capable of putting out 700W.....for all we know it can only output half of that rating which, if that was the case, could explain the OP's issues.

What error message are you getting when it Blue Screens? Find out and google it, that sometimes helps you pinpoint a problem (but sometimes it is really vague...).

Back