Gaming PC inside an old Nintendo.

d_stilgar

Limp Gawd
Here are pictures of my NES PC. I am going to explain a few things as I go along. The original idea for this mod was by Tim Wasson of www.junkmachine.com. Although mine is not working yet, I have wired up the old controller ports to the parallel port. This is so I can play all my ROMs with my same old NES controllers.

First, here are the specs:

1.8Ghz P4
512mb Ram
60Gb HD
ATI 9200 128mb graphics card
Zelda Cart. DVD drive

It happens to be a gaming NES PC. One of very few.
Okay, from the front you can see that when open it still looks convincingly like a normal NES. The only difference is that the cartridge isn't perfect and the case badge.
Front_NES.jpg

Okay, here is the back. You can see some of my ugly cuts from when I was debating using another graphics card. You can also see something very sneaky on the right if you happen to be looking.
Back_NES.jpg

Here is the sneaky thing I did. I cut out part of the side of the NES so that my PSU would fit more easily. I did not want to use a cheater (DC-DC) PSU, so I cheated in the case a bit. You can see the side is cracking a bit, I will fix it when I rebuild...
Power_Supply_shot.jpg

Alright, here is a really fuzzy (sorry) pic of the PC opened. You can see the that underneath the DVD drive is my Radeon 9200, beneath that is the Mobo. The HD is in the front and the processor is in the back. The processor is uncovered (unlike everything else) and the rear fan pushes out the hot air while new air gets sucked in through the top of the case. After about 3hrs of Unreal Tournament though it overheats and my computer shuts down automatically. It's okay I'm fixing the problem.
Fuzzy_NES.jpg

Lastly, is the whole setup. I have my monitor, keyboard, and gyro mouse. On the right you can see my six speaker headphones (which work surprisingly well).
Whole_setup.jpg

That's it. Tell me what you think.

Okay, I got the pics to work. Now you can see them without clicking the links.

You might want to remove the cover from the PSU... or replace the metal with something smaller, or perhaps just cut/bend it so that it fits right.

That PSU is so tightly compact on the inside. I removed the cover, just to see the crowdedness inside, and put it back on again. And now the plastic piece is glued to the PSU and the PSU is glued to the case. It isn't going anywhere now.

Back