Gaming on a NEC LCD2490WUXi

Sublym3

Limp Gawd
Hey,

Just wondering if any one has seen or had a chance to play games on the NEC LCD2490WUXi? I havent seen much in the way of gaming experiences on the net.

I think input lag is the only draw back from what I know (1 - 2 frames???) which isnt as bad as comparable Samsungs from what i have seen.

Oh yes and the price sucks as well but at the moment I dont like and of the competition in Australia, would be nice if we could get Planar down here.

Cheers

I have a 2690 which is very similar to the 2490. I have played games like Quake 4, Far Cry, and Half Life 2 with no problems whatsoever.

I'm from Aus too and just got my self one of these bad boy. Gaming is excellent on it i don't notice any lag what so ever. Colour is brilliant and all i need now is to calibrate it. Highly recommended if you can afford it.

Hey,

Just wondering if any one has seen or had a chance to play games on the NEC LCD2490WUXi? I havent seen much in the way of gaming experiences on the net.

I think input lag is the only draw back from what I know (1 - 2 frames???) which isnt as bad as comparable Samsungs from what i have seen.

Oh yes and the price sucks as well but at the moment I dont like and of the competition in Australia, would be nice if we could get Planar down here.

Cheers

Digital Versus and 10e's post in the recent Input Lag Measurement thread both agree that the 2490/2690 have roughly 2 frames of lag on average (going by 1 frame = 16.7ms).

http://img1.digitalversus.com/produits/52/1606/52_149_112.gif
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032781867&postcount=19

Just for some extra info, the DoubleSight DS-263N (which no longer for sale) uses the same panel as the 2490/2690 and features less than 1 frame of lag.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032188597&postcount=46

So far, H-IPS is looking to be extremely good for gaming.

I have NEC 2690, 2490's larger and meaner brother, and my RPGs and strategies are OK. You can't go wrong with 2490 :)

I tend to agree.

The input lag on the LCD2690WUXI-BK I have is generally very difficult to notice in desktop use, and only when cloned and paired with a fast TN or my fast FP241VW, which averages less than a frame of lag can I see a very slight amount.

Generally for gaming, the NEC is more than fast enough except for the most demanding FPS hardcore gamer.

Playing Gears of War on PC or any console game is nothing but very good.

Gaming is great on my 2490. No noticeable lag even with faster paced FPS...for me at least. =P

Thanks for the for the replies guys.

I will definitely get it now, cheapest in Australia from what i can see is $1400 but worth it I think.

Thanks for the for the replies guys.

I will definitely get it now, cheapest in Australia from what i can see is $1400 but worth it I think.

Australia is maybe far away from Europe, but we have one thing in common to be sure - expensive monitors :)

and if europe is anything like australia you also have a bad selection

and if europe is anything like australia you also have a bad selection

Well, actually some LCD are being even manufactured in Europe, so I suppose there is a proader selection. But you know, who needs to choose from 30 22" TN LCDs? :D

Back