Gaming/ Music headset for £150/ $200

Wiseguy2001

2[H]4U
Hi, I'm playing more FPS's and I could do with more directional sound. My existing system is Audio Engine A2's with onboard (yes, I'm a little a shamed) Realtek ALC892.

The number #1 headphones on my list are Sennheiser PC320's, which do seem to be pretty good value, compared to it's more expensive PC360 cousin in some reviews. Plus they're only £70.

I also think it's time to buy a proper soundcard. I haven't brought a soundcard in over a decade! The last one I brought was a Creative SB live platinum.. It seems these days, there's only two manufacturers in town, Asus and Creative. Ironically it seems that it is Asus, who's drivers suck. I'm thinking of getting an SB-Z which should fit my needs and has a built-in headphone amp, but the above are only rated at 32ohm's, so not exactly power hungry.

I'm not deadset on the budget and can spend more, but I am tight. :rolleyes:

What do you think of my choices yeh, nah?

Last edited:
I have the PC360's and I think they are great, other than the mic... I dont like how bulky it is, but it sounds great. For the money, a SB-z + the pc320's would probably be the cheapest option for good sound. If you dont need a mic, maybe try the 558's + sb-z which is pretty much the pc360 minus the mic i believe.

Ah good, sounds like I'm on the right track. I use Skype quite a bit for work, so I wouldn't mind a better mic. Looking forward to when the headphones arrive, I'm interested to see if I can notice a difference in the soundcard too.

Last edited:
The stuff come today. I was initially slightly disappointed by the bass at first. Then realised it is there, it just isn't pounding your head. I've had quite a few headphones and in-ear phones around this price range, but these are my first open headphones and I really like them. The detail and sound stage is lovely, I have no problem believing the same drivers are used in higher end models. I don't even notice the mic boom while I'm wearing it.

Oh and I didn't expect much difference from the soundcard outside games, but it's made a massive difference! Really crisp, plus there's zero interference. Can't believe I went without a soundcard for so long..

Back