Gaming mechanical board in the $75 range?

Discussion in 'Mice and Keyboards' started by Jeff G, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jeff G

Jeff G n00bie

Lots of stuff online in the $25-75 range, but I dont recognize any of the brands. Is there any decent mechanical gaming keyboards in the range?

2. atarione

atarione [H]ard|Gawd

there are a ton of decent keyboards in that range. the reviews I have seen seem to suggest the super cheap red dragon TKL board is quite alright especially for the price.

Here is something I like right at about $72 CM MasterKeys S (mx-reds w/ PBT keycaps)

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...rd_wg=jVDRy&psc=1&refRID=CTA4PK1SG410D1H30DE6

if i want full size look at rosewill RK9000V2 $75

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201085

(i have a 9000 v1 .. it is a solid board for the price not as nice as my Filco but nice)

3. Dermen

Dermen [H]Lite

G.Skill has several for $80, they go on sale for $60-65 if you can wait.

I have a Rosewill similar to the one atarione posted. It's good other than the usb cable port comes loose, but I hot glued it in place which has been holding for over a year now.

4. Jeff G

Jeff G n00bie

So a few more criteria after looking at keyboards.
    I want a fullsize, I currently have a tenkeyless and want to move back to a full size.
    Must have a decent wrist support, I dont want to buy a separate one and try to get it to look like it matches. Id rather just buy a keyboard that has one.
    Budget is flexible, there seems to be much better options in the $100 range so I'll probably spend the extra on a keyboard I'll keep for 10+ years.

Currently looking at:
    Patriot v760/v770
    G.Skill KM780
    Corsair K70/K95
    Roccat Ryos MK FX
    Razor Blackwidow Chroma V2

Monoprice MP D20 (mostly looking at this due to the $75 price tag)

Any thoughts on these specific boards?
    Or any other similar brands/models to look at as well? I want to watch for deals between now and Cyber Monday, so I want to make sure I've got all the models to watch for.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. Jeff G

Jeff G n00bie

Okay, think I narrowed it down to:
    KM780R at $100
    G910 at $118
    v770 at $120

All three are full size, have wrist supports, rgb lighting, and macro keys (pretty much my checklist of wants).
    All three are mechanicals, but each uses a different switch.
    Anyone have any experience with these? Curious on how the lighting looks and how the keys feel. My current keyboard is mx reds, so I'm familiar with those.

6. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I would get a Corsair the problem I have with logitech keyboards the wrist rest on all of them is made of plastic coated corsair wrist rests are perfect not too pronounced and have a rubber coating. I like Logitech Romer G switches but just not the design of the wrist rests but the all the latest models don't include wrist rests so go figure.

The Corsair RGB k95 has a reversible wrist rest both smooth and grippy surfaces. But the keyboard doesn't include front stand offs on the bottom which is why I like my K-70 Lux.
    What I like about corsair keyboards you can elevate the front as well as the back on them which makes them more of delight to type on.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  7. AlphaQup

AlphaQup [H]Lite

It looks like you've written it off as you've narrowed down your list, but I went from an OLD G15 Logitech to a new Corsair K70 (cherry mx reds) and absolutely love it, highly recommended.

I do find myself ghost-pressing keys from time to time when I'm hovering my left hand over keys in WASD (I'm used to something stiffer at work), just a bad habit I'm trying to break lol. Other then that, I'm a huge fan and do recommend it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  8. Jeff G

Jeff G n00bie

While I like the look of it, and it got great reviews, I wish it had a row of macro keys off the side. And I wish it was priced closer to the KM870R and V770.

9. AlphaQup

AlphaQup [H]Lite

True, the macro keys off the side were pretty slick on my last couple Logitech KB's, and I also hear ya on price... it's steep! I really like the look of the V770, btw, but the KM870R comes off as kinda spaceship-y looking IMO.

10. Jeff G

Jeff G n00bie

Well the KM780R dropped pretty good in price, so I pulled the trigger ($89 for RGB model and $59 for non-RGB, both with free shipping from the egg).