Gaming mechanical board in the $75 range?

Jeff G

Limp Gawd
Lots of stuff online in the $25-75 range, but I dont recognize any of the brands. Is there any decent mechanical gaming keyboards in the range?

there are a ton of decent keyboards in that range. the reviews I have seen seem to suggest the super cheap red dragon TKL board is quite alright especially for the price.

Here is something I like right at about $72 CM MasterKeys S (mx-reds w/ PBT keycaps)

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...rd_wg=jVDRy&psc=1&refRID=CTA4PK1SG410D1H30DE6

if i want full size look at rosewill RK9000V2 $75

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201085

(i have a 9000 v1 .. it is a solid board for the price not as nice as my Filco but nice)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
G.Skill has several for $80, they go on sale for $60-65 if you can wait.

I have a Rosewill similar to the one atarione posted. It's good other than the usb cable port comes loose, but I hot glued it in place which has been holding for over a year now.

So a few more criteria after looking at keyboards.
I want a fullsize, I currently have a tenkeyless and want to move back to a full size.
Must have a decent wrist support, I dont want to buy a separate one and try to get it to look like it matches. Id rather just buy a keyboard that has one.
Budget is flexible, there seems to be much better options in the $100 range so I'll probably spend the extra on a keyboard I'll keep for 10+ years.

Currently looking at:
Patriot v760/v770
G.Skill KM780
Corsair K70/K95
Roccat Ryos MK FX
Razor Blackwidow Chroma V2

Monoprice MP D20 (mostly looking at this due to the $75 price tag)

Any thoughts on these specific boards?
Or any other similar brands/models to look at as well? I want to watch for deals between now and Cyber Monday, so I want to make sure I've got all the models to watch for.

Last edited:
Okay, think I narrowed it down to:
KM780R at $100
G910 at $118
v770 at $120

All three are full size, have wrist supports, rgb lighting, and macro keys (pretty much my checklist of wants).
All three are mechanicals, but each uses a different switch.
Anyone have any experience with these? Curious on how the lighting looks and how the keys feel. My current keyboard is mx reds, so I'm familiar with those.

I would get a Corsair the problem I have with logitech keyboards the wrist rest on all of them is made of plastic coated corsair wrist rests are perfect not too pronounced and have a rubber coating. I like Logitech Romer G switches but just not the design of the wrist rests but the all the latest models don't include wrist rests so go figure.

The Corsair RGB k95 has a reversible wrist rest both smooth and grippy surfaces. But the keyboard doesn't include front stand offs on the bottom which is why I like my K-70 Lux.
What I like about corsair keyboards you can elevate the front as well as the back on them which makes them more of delight to type on.

Last edited:
It looks like you've written it off as you've narrowed down your list, but I went from an OLD G15 Logitech to a new Corsair K70 (cherry mx reds) and absolutely love it, highly recommended.

I do find myself ghost-pressing keys from time to time when I'm hovering my left hand over keys in WASD (I'm used to something stiffer at work), just a bad habit I'm trying to break lol. Other then that, I'm a huge fan and do recommend it.

Last edited:
It looks like you've written it off as you've narrowed down your list, but I went from an OLD G15 Logitech to a new Corsair K70 (cherry mx reds) and absolutely love it, highly recommended.

I do find myself ghost-pressing keys from time to time when I'm hovering my left hand over keys in WASD (I'm used to something stiffer at work), just a bad habit I'm trying to break lol.

While I like the look of it, and it got great reviews, I wish it had a row of macro keys off the side. And I wish it was priced closer to the KM870R and V770.

True, the macro keys off the side were pretty slick on my last couple Logitech KB's, and I also hear ya on price... it's steep! I really like the look of the V770, btw, but the KM870R comes off as kinda spaceship-y looking IMO.

Well the KM780R dropped pretty good in price, so I pulled the trigger ($89 for RGB model and $59 for non-RGB, both with free shipping from the egg).

Back