Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

I was wondering what heatsink/fans everyone is using? Are there any that won't work? I would like to use a thermalright xp120 or si120, but they look like they may hit the northbridge heatsink. thanks for the help.

When it's released (hopefully soon) I'll be using the Thermalright Ultima-90 and with a fan its dimensions may force me to use the HR-05 as it's a little thinner than the stock heatsink on the NB.

DVD Playback info: Running a E4300 with mild o/c to 2,2Ghz, CPU is 4-8% with hardware acceleration, and 4-9% without. Seems very happy with PowerDVD 7.0.

To get hdmi working make sure you have selected HDMI in the bios settings, and loaded all supplied drivers PLUS the hdmi audio driver which is hidden on the CD (but mentioned in 3.7 of the manual). Remember to set audio output to Rear HD Output if you want sound through HDMI.

I also assigned a hotkey to switch display types as all HDTVs seem to lose the HDMI signal if you move channel. Switching display type to VGA and back to HDMI will re-initialise it.

DVD Playback info: Running a E4300 with mild o/c to 2,2Ghz, CPU is 4-8% with hardware acceleration, and 4-9% without. Seems very happy with PowerDVD 7.0.

To get hdmi working make sure you have selected HDMI in the bios settings, and loaded all supplied drivers PLUS the hdmi audio driver which is hidden on the CD (but mentioned in 3.7 of the manual). Remember to set audio output to Rear HD Output if you want sound through HDMI.

I also assigned a hotkey to switch display types as all HDTVs seem to lose the HDMI signal if you move channel. Switching display type to VGA and back to HDMI will re-initialise it.

awsome thanks... that was the info i was lookng for earlier when i was asking about the HDMI + audio...

ive seen a few people going with aftermarket nb coolers? is that a good idea... ill most likley be push the e4300 to 3ghz max maybe a tad less... and using onboard video for a little bit (seeing whats going on with the r600/g80 refresh and such)

would it make a difference to get one? they dont exactly break the bank at ~$20 for one..

i have selected mornal for hdmi to hdmi on BIOS. when i try to play it, it still tell me tht i have uncompatible driver or video card. Can you help me?

i just think you are using AnyDVD for playing hd-dvd movies.that is only think it works also if you have HDcp compatible cards. And i dont think Powerdvd 7.0 support HD-dvd also.

First: Thanks guys for all the info.

Bought this a fortnight ago, but haven't had must time to test - my master is taking its toll...

First impressions:
Very happy!
Only tested at standard voltage so far.
Post@355fsb
Stable@335fsb (been at this for a week or so)
No benches - no time...

running in a nsk3400 (with a SS430).
2gb ocz 6400 plat rev. 2 (overkill I know..)
Ninja+ cooler (yes, it does fit)
cpu@28-40 celcius (with casefan low)

Only prob: sometimes it does not start (too little load on PSU?)

i was wondeirng why when i turn on the pc, the system say (333x9.0,1 cpu) and not say (333x9, 2 cpu)

when i go to cpuz, i only one processor and not 2 processor.

i have e4300.

Thats cause you have one CPU with two cores; thats very different then having two CPUs.

i got e4300.

what's you point? its a single processor with two cores....

on the dvd discussion, i don't know - all i'm doing is playing a standard DVD (not Hi-def) using XP Service Pack 2, through the onboard HDMI connection using all the standard Abit drivers supplied, into a 720p plasma screen with audio.

PowerDVD 7 is upscaling to 720p, and it looks lovely!

Nothing else to do.

With regards to the earlier post on the HDCP / PCPerspective on non high def movie support. IT DOES do it (i can't physically confirm this) :

Ryan Shrout <[email protected]>
What I meant by not supporting HD-DVD or Bluray is that the GPU didn’t support decoding acceleration. If you have a fast enough processor that can handle it, you should still be able to run those movies on this motherboard, yes.

Thanks for reading!

Ryan Shrout

Owner - PC Perspective

I'm 95% sold on it. I just want confirmation taht someone has tested it with an HD DVD format (or blu-ray) and that it can actually play the movies back.

why then when i play hd-dvd disc inside the xbox360, it told me that it is not compatible with x1250.

Abit F-i90hd
1 GB of DDR2-800
e4300 oced to 3.0ghz
onboard video w/256

i set the bios to normal (hdmi to hdmi)

You don't play HD-DVD discs inside of the 360, you play them in the HD-DVD drive add on. The 360 doesn't support HD-DVDs.

Your video card drivers and the moniter both have to support HDCP. Do you have the right drivers installed for the IGP? Does your moniter support HDCP?

my monitor is westiinghouse 27inch LCD monitor w/ vga and hdmi.

how do i know if the video driver support hdcp. i have install avivo also.

have anyone use onboard video on Abit F-I90HD playing HD-dvd on a xbox360 HD-dvd player?

i am not talking about anydvd. i am talking about Powerdvd 7.3 program.

Did anybody have luck on OCing a E6600 to 3Ghz or higher? My bro needs a new PC quickly

Yeah, its been done by a couple people at least. Pvhk was the first to do it I think. I think he got up around 360fsb. Its posted in this thread somewhere way back. You shouldnt have a problem getting 3.0GHz (333fsb) out of a E6600 and this mobo if you do everything correctly.

Heard a rumor AT's mATX Roundup Review wont be out till next week now. Waiting on confirmation on that. If true that leaves Steeeeve to be first to review the mobo I guess.

SFFClub review will be done by thursday, maybe friday of this week.

Right now im running an e4300 @ the BIOS's MAX FSB on stock voltage, nice little chip!

It's been the experience of several of us that 367 is max. stable fsb, and 374 absolute max. bootable to Windows.

The bios is clearly limited past 370+ eather clockgen isn't compattible yet to this board or nobody has thought of using it witch surprises me. My abits bios limit is 310FSB, funny how when I used clockgen I could hit above 360+ on it max, same with boards in the past and the use of clockgen.

If you want to get to 400+ clockgen is the way to go. The board is sipose to be cabable of 500+ for a reason. Only the bios is holding you all back.

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

Where do you get the idea clockgen is dangerous? lol I been using it for years. You can not kill your system by making your FSB go too high with software. lol Guess your afrade of alittle hard drive corruption. If your not that into OCing your not very [H] for these forums.

I am thinking about getting this board for my E6400.:cool:

For any of you that pre-ordered the board was it not obvious that the product page clearly said "NO REFUNDS".

I've never understood people that order and then refund 10hrs later...either stick with a purchase or don't purchase! Grrrr, it costs me a lot to have people be indesive about ordering...I often wonder if people realize that.

End rant :D

anyone using this thing with a saitek keyboard? it works fine when booting you know f1 for continue del for bios, but once it's past that no matter what keys i press it doesnt work. i had the same problems as i did before where i'd get black screens and wouldnt boot, blahblahblah, but i switch out ram or hard reset and it was ok. weird how my other board wasnt like that. i got this one as an open box item at fry's. only thing was was that the hdmi is no longer working. no hdmi video at all. it flickers on then off. more off than on. so yah... annoying. everything's at stock and i cant install windows because i cant boot from cd. any suggestions? i'm probably going to return this anyhow because the dvi doesnt work. amazing. 2 boards both from frys. lol. maybe it's just me. :p

Up and running with everything non-modded. 100&#37; newbie and I want to OC this rig with onboard sound and graphics. Read through all 50+ pages, but I would like some pro-help on the path forward from 1.8GHz to as far as I can go with the stock cooling (as per below). Thanks in advance!! Help me live the OC dream! I have been running Orthos for 3 mins and the temp has gone from 36C at idle to 53C! What are safe temps?

F-190HD
E4300 OEM Intel Fan
2 Gig Corsair 5300 667MHz
250gig SATA
Apevia Dreamer II Case
Onboard Sound
Onboard Graphics

I followed pvhk Stage 1, 2 & 3.

Now running 333MHz Bus with vcore at 1.45v. 1.425 hung in windows. Core 2996.1MHz. Mem. 333MHz 5 5 5 15 19 Idle Temp 41C Orthos to 60C in 2 mins!!

Up and running with everything non-modded. 100% newbie and I want to OC this rig with onboard sound and graphics. Read through all 50+ pages, but I would like some pro-help on the path forward from 1.8GHz to as far as I can go with the stock cooling (as per below). Thanks in advance!! Help me live the OC dream! I have been running Orthos for 3 mins and the temp has gone from 36C at idle to 53C! What are safe temps?

F-190HD
E4300 OEM Intel Fan
2 Gig Corsair 5300 667MHz
250gig SATA
Apevia Dreamer II Case
Onboard Sound
Onboard Graphics

I followed pvhk Stage 1, 2 & 3.

Now running 333MHz Bus with vcore at 1.45v. 1.425 hung in windows.

Go for this, you only need to enter 300FSB and bump voltage from 1.325 to 1.35 (it would run à 1.325 but just for security).

Less heat and you won't have any problem. Each CPU, board, memory is different but this is a safe overcloack that should work for everybody.

Now if you want absolutly the 33MHz extra then have fun experimenting but you won't notice it in everyday apps.

hey, if anybody's trying to find one of these ASAP, here's a place actually showing them in stock, but a tad more expensive than Steeeeeeeve's selling them for...

http://www.excaliberpc.com/ABIT_MOT...90HD/FATAL1TY_F-I90HD/partinfo-id-575383.html

not trying to eat into your sales or anything Steve, but if peeps don't have a local Fry's (mine, here in Vegas only had one, open box!, arrrrggghhhh!) and need one right away, this might be an avenue.

hey, if anybody's trying to find one of these ASAP, here's a place actually showing them in stock, but a tad more expensive than Steeeeeeeve's selling them for...

http://www.excaliberpc.com/ABIT_MOT...90HD/FATAL1TY_F-I90HD/partinfo-id-575383.html

not trying to eat into your sales or anything Steve, but if peeps don't have a local Fry's (mine, here in Vegas only had one, open box!, arrrrggghhhh!) and need one right away, this might be an avenue.

I'd be careful with that one. Fremont, CA is a location of a distributors warehouse where I get my boards from. Considering I backordered a considerable amount of them I think they might not have too many.

Not to mention that I have them for $10 less and they are "in stock" now.

Back