Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

IMO, the price tag is not an issue!
if this MB "overclockes" well, i will buy it...

2 weeks ago I began looking to upgrade my system. Always had ATX. Then got the idea to maybe get a case with a window (for a change). Start hunting for one, very hard to find one to satisfy my needs. Then I saw the Tt LANBox and was happy until I find out it was mATX (and at that time I didn't know the mATX world at all). So I began looking into it and was disapointed since many features are missing from ATX.

Took a few days break and now I heard of this motherboard (Abit F-I90HD) and took a few moments to think what exactly I was needing.

I mostly want an every day usage computer that play games also very well. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I only play very few games but I like the most demanding one (like Crysis). Sure I would never pay for 2 video card (so no SLI for me ever). So I need a C2D and a good DX10 video card (later).

So I guess the F-I90HD can do that very well or am I wrong? I'm new into SFF, HPTC and all this. I should be able to play any games like any ATX board I guess, right? The video card is the key I guess, right?

The only thing missing is the FireWire port in case I plan to import video capture from our baby twins or other event.

Isn't even out yet, We're just drooling and hoping. Very soon though.

I'm sure at stock it should do very well. Who wants stock though?:D

IMO, the price tag is not an issue!
if this MB "overclockes" well, i will buy it...
Hey, I'm in too if its a winnner. My P5B-VM has worn out its welcome with my E4300.

At least it does not say "adjust speed as you wish". That was a real crock of crap.

Is anyone else unable to contain their excitment for this board? I find myself refreshing this thread and Abit's site every 10 minutes. I'm overjoyed, and everyone around me asking why I'm in such a good mood -- they wouldn't understand though. I'm going tow write a poem to express my emotional jubilation about the release of the F-I90hd.

Is anyone else unable to contain their excitment for this board? I find myself refreshing this thread and Abit's site every 10 minutes. I'm overjoyed, and everyone around me asking why I'm in such a good mood -- they wouldn't understand though. I'm going tow write a poem to express my emotional jubilation about the release of the F-I90hd.

That is good to hear. I am busy getting distributors to give me a quote. It would be nice to do a group buy if you all want.

Steeeeve, depending on price and of course a review that confirms this board will overclock well I am interested in a group buy.

Well like I said 6 post above, if this can do all what I want I will be happy being new in the SFF world.

Unfortunatly, like you I keep refreshing here and the Abit forum and the latter is very quiet. I would have expected the Abit forum to be much more active. I think there is more action here. I also found this thread you may like to refresh.

I was in the process of upgrading (looking here and there for all the parts I want) and now I'm on hold. So I try the mATX world or I go back in the ATX? I can't wait to make a decision and proceed.

I'm in!

I've been looking for updates on the ib and it-90hd forever now. If this board will materialize more quickly and actually perform its what i've been waiting for.

I'm not going to game or OC. All i want is a board that has processing power (hence the C2D requirement) for converting video onto my server and decent media capabilities. s/pdif onboard was one of my requirements to start but then i was willing to settle for any decent C2D matx board and i would put a chaintech 710 card in there for audio and probably the cheapest vido card that supports HDCP. Argh! I'm tired of waiting. (and i'm also apparently a pirate)

Anyone notices the difference between the image in the 1st post (shows a iT-90HD) and the one announced, the F-I90HD? Do you think both will come out? 2 similar Fatal1ty board?

Yet I see 1 more S/PDIF on the iT. Colors of SATA and PCI slots are reversed.

3906_large_fatal1ty-f-i90hd_angle_jpg.jpg

fatal1tyfi90hdanglejpgua5.jpg

As far as an HTPC board, the layout sucks, only one PCI slot, Abit should of put more thought on the location of the battery, and have the PCIe x16 slot moved a slot toward the I/O panel, and included 3 PCI expansion slots... 2 for tuner cards, 1 for a sound card.

As far as an HTPC board, the layout sucks, only one PCI slot, Abit should of put more thought on the location of the battery, and have the PCIe x16 slot moved a slot toward the I/O panel, and included 3 PCI expansion slots... 2 for tuner cards, 1 for a sound card.
What are you talking about?

It's layout is okay for HTPC use. Theres a PCIe x1 dual ATSC tuner out as well as Saber's PCIe VistaView ViXS based dual SD tuner. That will leave the PCIe x16 for a video card or not if you're using the onboard and having a sound card doesn't matter since the board has digital out (its better to let your receiver do the audio decoding, you know).

Hell, you can even go with NV's DualTV ViXS based tuner card for the PCI slot and get Abit's PCIe wireless G card if you need that.

PCI isn't that important to an HTPC now that there are finally PCIe cards on the market now.
Is it me or is the SATA & PCI-e slot are PS'ed?:confused:
I would imagine thats cause they might not have finalized it's design. These are probably just mock ups on a real board (changing the color/ adding text to certain parts of the board).

One thing that really concerns me about this board is it is VGA + HDMI. Which means you really can't use and LCD Monitor + HDTV combo if you plan on using the onboard video. It would have been much better had they had DVI + HDMI on the board.

Anyone notices the difference between the image in the 1st post (shows a iT-90HD) and the one announced, the F-I90HD? Do you think both will come out? 2 similar Fatal1ty board?

3906_large_fatal1ty-f-i90hd_angle_jpg.jpg

fatal1tyfi90hdanglejpgua5.jpg

I'm more concerned about the difference between the IT-90 HD and the IB-90 HD(shown last Nov/Dec). The IB-90 has the heatpipe sytem. To me that means its designed for extra performance cooling you often see on enthusiast mobos. Something one can expect on a mobo built for OCing. I'm baffled by the IT-90 coupled with Fatal1ty's name. It looks like its more HTPC oriented but if thats so why is his name on it? Just baffles me since I dont equate HTPC to gaming and OCing and I dont equate Fatal1ty's name to anything other than gaming performance. Maybe it just me. I'm really wanting to know more about the IB-90 at this point than the IT-90.

In any event I plan to wait and see what reviewers and users experience with either mobo before I take the plunge. I'm not looking forward to buying something that needs alot of BIOS fixes or doesnt work well at all. Or in this case overclocks well.

I would not be too concerned with the size of the NB cooler for the ATI board.

At least in my experience the northbridges don't run too hot.

Some of my best overcocking to 300HTT plus was done with my Asus A8R32-MVP and my DFI RS482. With the rinky dink stock northbridge coolers too.

I just would like to see what the boards can do, heck I will probably buy both of them and try them to see which is better.

Just wait until it's actually released. The first board has been around for a few months... It could be months more or even never. Remember how long it took DFI to get their 939 Infinity out?

Best case scenario is it comes out soon, overclocks well and also fixes the e4300 overclocking issue. Better be good, because I don't know of anything else in the works...

What's Biostar been up to? I wonder if they have a TForce in the works. Looks like they have an unreleased 965 board and TForce 945P SE

One thing that really concerns me about this board is it is VGA + HDMI. Which means you really can't use and LCD Monitor + HDTV combo if you plan on using the onboard video. It would have been much better had they had DVI + HDMI on the board.

Not really. DVI/HDMI are pretty much interchangeable (well, DVI can be either analog or digital, so it can convert to either VGA or HDMI). Some TV's accept VGA (as do most monitors). They have the bases well-covered with simple adapters that are available cheaply.

looks perfect to me.....

The differences in pictures we are getting really bothers me. What happened to the 2 optical outputs on the back?

If i was using the board in a HTPC setup I'm unlikely to require a S/PDIF in, probably why it was removed.

Whoooooowheeee, a local store (in the UK here) is selling the Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD in 4 days. The strange thing is they are showing the iT-90HD picture, specs say it has one optical out which suggests it is the F-I90HD again...

Should i get one or not :confused: and does anyone know the proper relase date for the UK incase they got it wrong?

EDIT: Bit more poking around, http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=99902 from the company forums.

This is gonna be the first skt775 (as per i can see) mATX motherboard with greatt overclocking capabilities to push our loved Core 2 Duos to stupidly high frequencies as it would come with all the Abit Overclocking goodies

OMFGODZ0RS, is it true? :eek:

Not really. DVI/HDMI are pretty much interchangeable (well, DVI can be either analog or digital, so it can convert to either VGA or HDMI). Some TV's accept VGA (as do most monitors). They have the bases well-covered with simple adapters that are available cheaply.

Well the problem is garbage in garbage out. While VGA can be converted to DVI, it will be impossible to get 2 native digital video signals out of the board, which would have been preferable in this day and age. One for your TV, one for your monitor.

Well the problem is garbage in garbage out. While VGA can be converted to DVI, it will be impossible to get 2 native digital video signals out of the board, which would have been preferable in this day and age. One for your TV, one for your monitor.

Ahhh, with you now. We were looking at the same thing, but from opposite ends.

I'm dying to read a review! C'mon!

Do you think there is a NDA so we won't see a review before D day? I saw a store in UK that says board will be in on Feb 23th and most of the time we can read review days before it's on sale.

Oh well, I'm on hold for a new setup and it's a loooong wait.

ive been waiting for a reason to jump into the matx fray. whats kept me out of it was most of the board's lack of overclocking capability and their inability to hold bigger graphics cards while using the pci slot for a sound card or something (im a very little bit bit of an audiophile). this board looks like it could do both, which would be awesome, because ive wanted to go sff for a while due to their portability. only the reviews will tell....

I'm dying to read a review! C'mon!

Do you think there is a NDA so we won't see a review before D day? I saw a store in UK that says board will be in on Feb 23th and most of the time we can read review days before it's on sale.

Oh well, I'm on hold for a new setup and it's a loooong wait.

I think they are fairly swamped over there. I am working on getting a review unit but no direct donfirmation yet. There is no NDA by the way.

There are a few things I can see wrong with the first picture:
1. The entire SB heatsink is 'shopped in. Compare the retention clip/spring to the silkscreening on the PCB.
2. The SATA, PCI, and PCIe x1 connectors are photoshopped to that color of red. Shouldn't they match the color of the RAM slots?
3. The PCIe x16 slot is really badly photoshopped to black.

The only funny thing I can find on the second picture (besides the SB heatsink) is that the second SPDIF connector might be photoshopped in. You can see the red edge of the PCB underneath the connector with the grey cover, but you can't see the motherboard edge under the connector with the black cover.

I guess one way to confirm/bust this one is to see if there's a very similar motherboard out there already that go photoshopped into this one.

I have a feeling that they changed the design later in the production and it was easier to photochop the edits than photograph a new board.

There are a few things I can see wrong with the first picture:
1. The entire SB heatsink is 'shopped in. Compare the retention clip/spring to the silkscreening on the PCB.
2. The SATA, PCI, and PCIe x1 connectors are photoshopped to that color of red. Shouldn't they match the color of the RAM slots?
3. The PCIe x16 slot is really badly photoshopped to black.

The only funny thing I can find on the second picture (besides the SB heatsink) is that the second SPDIF connector might be photoshopped in. You can see the red edge of the PCB underneath the connector with the grey cover, but you can't see the motherboard edge under the connector with the black cover.

I guess one way to confirm/bust this one is to see if there's a very similar motherboard out there already that go photoshopped into this one.

I think it's based off the IT-90HD, but it is definitely real.

Anyone else think it's interesting that, a week ago this time, "F-I90HD" returned 7 hits, but now it returns 200,000+ hits?

ohhh geez and i was gonna build a core 2 duo setup...

might have throw an X2 at my computer and build a nice hometheater set up now

this board looks pretty sweet

Is it me or is the SATA & PCI-e slot are PS'ed?:confused:

Yes, if you put a card like a 7900GTO in there, at best two of the four SATA ports will be usable, the other two (or maybe even three) will be blocked by the card's cooler.

I've seen this mistake made on SLI motherboards, where they place all the SATA connectors right next to the second PCI-Express x16 slot (which you'd use when running SLI), and then most of your SATA ports end up getting blocked by the larger coolers on two-slot video cards when you run SLI. Easily one of the most aggravating design aspects motherboard makers overlook. (Fortunately board makers have been making their SATA ports angled at 90 degrees to the motherboard, i.e. in a parallel plane, so that large two-slot video coolers don't obstruct them.)

don't worry, the board is for real. In fact, the abit F-I90HD already shows up on froogle :p

The F-I90HD is a LGA775 board and supports Core 2 processors.

yeah i ment throw an X2 in my current rig and get all the life out of that i can...

and build a C2D theater pc with this board.... x700 isnt exactly gaming worthy so i wouldn build a gaming rig w/ this board... and with HDMI and optical audio ports its a great looking Hometheater board

x700 isnt exactly gaming worthy so i wouldn build a gaming rig w/ this board...

I plan to game with it, just disable the onboard video and get a decent videocard. Then later when I will get rid of it I will pass it to my mother enabling the video card and I'll keep the video card for next setup or sell it, whatever.

I plan to game with it, just disable the onboard video and get a decent videocard. Then later when I will get rid of it I will pass it to my mother enabling the video card and I'll keep the video card for next setup or sell it, whatever.

im gonna use it as a HTPC board... cant beat onboard HDMI that does 1080p... so the other slots will be filled with a TV tuner and i dunno dont need a sound card cause thats got the onboard spdif that ill output to my receiver

Back