Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

I use onboard video too. I can o/c my e4300 to 3GHz (333MHz x 9) and I can will run orthos for >5 hours @ 3GHz no problem.

However, the strange thing is that as soon as I run sth else like a media player the computer would lock up quickly. If I reduce the FSB to 300MHz then everything runs stably. So I guess the instability I encountered at 3GHz is most likely due to the onboard video?

Don't know if it also has anything to do with the RAM. I use 533 2x1GB memory o/ced to [email protected].

same here buddy,
my e4300 at 3.0-3.2ghz would pass orthos for hours, but i pop in a game and it would freeze. I tried differerent brands of ram too...wierd.

same here buddy,
my e4300 at 3.0-3.2ghz would pass orthos for hours, but i pop in a game and it would freeze. I tried differerent brands of ram too...wierd.

ah, good to know that!

I guess the real solution will be to give i90HD a PCIe video card. It's a pitty, since I'm mainly going to use it as HTPC with onboard video. I rarely play games, simply don't have the time.... :(

Just curious guys if you have set 512MB for internal video card? If yes, try 256MB instead. I was playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fine with 512MB then I installed Diablo II : LOD to preserve my chars and it was crashing. I didn't know what was going on since it's an old game with less requirements and I just went from 512MB to 256MB and no more crashing.

so my board arrived at abit yesturday... anyone know how long the turn around is? it says 10 days on the website... i hope it doesnt take that long cause thats another 15 or so days (after shipping)

i should have just payed the $150 to cross ship... oh well

well, it had been running fine for couple weeks with an e4300 @ 2.7Ghz (300FSBx9). As I mentioned in my last post I could make it run 4300 @ 3GHz stable with Orthos but not playing videos etc. I recently gave it a new set of G-Skill DDR800 2GB memory @2.0v. ( to answer Rhialto's question: I did set the video memory size to 256MB).

Last night I finally hooked it up to my plasma and everything worked very well in this HTPC. I couldn't help but to o/c it again to 3GHz (333*9). Windows froze at log on screen and I simply shut down the marchine without being too much surprised.

However, seconds later I realized that the nightmare finally came true. When I turned on the machine again it couldn't post! The hard drive and DVD drive would spin for a few seconds, but no video no nothing afterwards. I have already tried to clear the CMOS multiple times by setting jumpers, disconnecting AC and removing the battery, but no help.

Does my board have finally joined the famous list of dead I90HD? It's a pitty. I really liked it as a HTPC board. Almost perfect in every single way and I couldn't find any alternative (like DVI/HDMI and being very overclockable!). I'm requesting RMA from Abit and keeping my fingers crossed....

Try using only one stick of ram in each dimm slot, try each one by themselves and see if it posts.

Try using only one stick of ram in each dimm slot, try each one by themselves and see if it posts.

Thanks! I did have tried single stick of ram trick, but only on one or two slots. I'll try each slot tonight. I have took out the battery, disconnected AC, and shorted the jumper again since last night. See if giving this board an extra long time to "cool" down will help or not.

BTW, I filed an RMA request at eRMA site of Abit last night, but I haven't heard anything back from them, not even an email notification. This is my first time ever need to RMA to a manufactuer, how fast is the Abit response time? I'm even willing to pay $157 deposit to get crossship.

The couple RMA experiences I had with Abit were good, but that was 2 years ago. You did do their online eRMA service, right?

I have their latest Max board and it is pretty good, albeit a little flakey (but not unstable).

Thanks! I did have tried single stick of ram trick, but only on one or two slots. I'll try each slot tonight. I have took out the battery, disconnected AC, and shorted the jumper again since last night. See if giving this board an extra long time to "cool" down will help or not.

BTW, I filed an RMA request at eRMA site of Abit last night, but I haven't heard anything back from them, not even an email notification. This is my first time ever need to RMA to a manufactuer, how fast is the Abit response time? I'm even willing to pay $157 deposit to get crossship.

i didnt pay the $157 and my mobo has been gone for over 3 weeks now.... comes back to me tomorrow :mad:

it seems some of the most recent posts were lost. I just want to repeat that my F-I90HD actually came back live. Everything was ok but I just could not boot the same pair of ram in dual channel configuration anymore. Single channel 2x1GB ok. Tried another pair of sticks and same results.

The problem with single channel memory config is that the onboard video stutters in rendering VMR9 video. Since ATI has outstanding overlay video quality (I simply couldn't tell the difference between the two, unlike the 6800GT card I had before), so this has not been a serious issue. But I'd like to see it gets solved. I'm debating whether I should keep bugging Abit for a RMA# -- I still haven't heard anything back from them!).

i didnt pay the $157 and my mobo has been gone for over 3 weeks now.... comes back to me tomorrow :mad:
Discounting travel time, that's about a 1 week turnaround time, so that's not bad. Experienced about the same going through warranty processes with other vendors.

Plus they give you the option to crossship? That's more than most.

Seems the post about BIOS13 is gone, anyways...

I'd like to issue a small warning about BIOS 13. Last I checked there were no links from USA site, so you had to go straight through their FTP to grab the new BIOS, and that way you'll miss the warning that you need flashmenu 1.3.0.5 for it to work. Same on the UK site, they only have a link to the 1.3.0.3 version. I've mailed both sites, so hopefuly they've fixed it by now.

Anyway, what happened to me when i used Flashmenu 1.3.0.2 was that all BIOS data except the boot block got corrupted. I don't know if all data including the boot block can be corrupted dependning on how lycky/unlucky you get. Luckily for me, I could still reflash using a floppy, but it's still a hassle to do.

When this happened to me, I got a message about AWARD BOOT BLOCK BIOS ROM CHECKSUM ERROR, and if I restarted after that, I'd only get a black screen. Removing the power cord and resetting CMOS would give me back that message again one time, and a black screen next reset, so it might seem like your board is dead, while you still have a chance of fixing it if you make the same misstake as me.

What the hell, you're right! Mine was deleted and now this one...

Can a moderator explain? How many have been deleted like this?
no deletion!
Some data base from this forum were lost (one whole week data)! I had to recreate my thread!
Nothing will be restore according to Kyle Bennett...

I think BIOS 13 for this board needs some clarification. Yes, Abit did screw up here but it seems a lot of people need to get their facts straight as well. Yes, this update requires Flashmenu v. 1.5.0.5 as a minimum. I have seen several other versions quoted but this is the one. Yes, for some very strange reason this version wasn't even released until several days AFTER the BIOS was officially. Very bad idea ABIT ... many people assumed this was a mistake and flashed anyway from the current latest version ... v. 1.5.0.3. The result is a corupted BIOS and a black screen after a brief error screen (once).

I understand it that some have recovered from this state by inserting a PCIe video card which restores video and flashing from a boot disk / DOS. It kinda makes sense to me that the internal video might not be supported under some form of BIOS recovery mode so it might be worth a try for the unfortunate victums.

After hearing people do this since the beta release, I flashed from a boot disk which worked just fine. The update adds and fixes the things as advertised and I feel a whole lot better about it now. I guess 13 isn't always an unlucky number.

A word of advice. Use Abits global homepage for the newest software releases. It really seems to be the fastest and most updated of all the sites.

anyone that has oced this board and it didnt post, u must turn the pc off, take out the battery, turn it on, then turn it off, then keep the battery out the whole time, and then switch the cmos jumper to reset for a minute then put the battery back in and set the jumper back and it should turn on, if does not work please pm me because i have other ways of doing it too

My system is now regularly cutting out video - going to black screen for 1-2 seconds - every 3-5 minutes. E4300 OC'd to 3.15ghz, 7900GT.

On a positive note, the problem that started 6-8 weeks ago of it having only about a 50% chance of detecting my keyboard on bootup seems to have gone away.

I got this board and the rest of the stuff for a new rig a few days ago. I tried to boot from (a) my windows cd and (b) a hard drive with windows pre-installed and I can't get past the flickering white line in the top-left. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

I think we may conclude it will be the last BIOS.
There is only a small fix from previous BIOS.

edit: no caution on FlashMenu in this one and no talk about it either. :) They must be aware of a few who finished with a dead board using the wrong version. They still haven't updated the BIOS 13 text file that still specify to use FlashMenu v1.0.0.5 instead of 1.5.0.5. It's a typo only in the english text of that text file but still, it's a shame.

4 phase didgital pwm ftl. I have always had problems with Abits power management. The previous members of the abit line seem to be prone with bad caps that are constantly having problems. That said, it was PREVIOUS versions of the fatal1ty line. Looks like alot of solid state caps on their new boards.

But I just flat out hate Fatal1ty.

Still a good motherboard!!
3500.jpg

since this thread will never die ive got a question.... didnt feel like making a new thread since the question is about this board

.... im looking to upgrade the video card. I want to upgrade to the 8800GT since its the best bang for the buck right now, my question is since this board is based around ATI is that gonna cause issues or cripple the Nvidia card at all? i mean if it is ill just scrap this board (and not miss it at all haha)

since this thread will never die ive got a question.... didnt feel like making a new thread since the question is about this board

.... im looking to upgrade the video card. I want to upgrade to the 8800GT since its the best bang for the buck right now, my question is since this board is based around ATI is that gonna cause issues or cripple the Nvidia card at all? i mean if it is ill just scrap this board (and not miss it at all haha)
there will be no issue!
A 7950Gt is mounted on my fi90hd rig and work flawlessly (8800GTS works too)
just bought a 8800GT 512 recently and running it on my p5kvm at the very moment...

Scratch up another death. Been running for a week or so - mildly overclocked for 1080p files, chip is an e2140 and vista had an update that required a reboot. After reboot, no post. Even tried my 1900xtx in there to see if I could output via that with a HDMI>DVI cable. Nada. My ram is the cheap Geil 6400 stuff but I doubt they are the issue compatibility wise otherwise it shouldnt have been working lovely up till last night. I've tried reseating it in every conceivable way, worn the CMOS pins thinner from clearing the little git constantly, had the battery out etcetc.

I suppose my question is, which is my quickest RMA option? The board is less than 2 weeks old, was purchased from Overclockers.co.uk. Is abit my best bet?

Also on the Hexus forums there is a guy called seanfromabit? he seems very willing to send out new bios chips but I cant contact him as as I am waiting for registration email. Is that likely to sort this mess up? In all honesty I just want another board and that Gigabyte one looks nice, I have the DS3 in this system and its damned stable and nice. Has to be a mATX case tho as I have the Antec Fusion v2 to put it all in, the F-190 was bought because I didnt want to pay for graphics card (my TV only accepts 1080p over HDMI) but having just invested in an 8800GT card I can just use my 1900 XTX.

Oh and hello and apologies for my first post being a rant.

Sorry to hear about the death. :( From all reports I have heard once it dies its dead for good. Thats why I try to warn people about the F-I90 HD. Its got a known history of deaths beyond what is normal. The Gigabyte DS2R is a good mobo and I consider the P5K-VM slightly better. They have some different features though so look at them closely to see which fits your needs best. They are the two best mATX mobos for OCing currently.

my board is still running strong. had problems at first with my ocz plat rev 2, went thru 3 boards (exchanged at my local frys) now i'm running some kingston value ram @ 1.8v for 6 months or so, but i'm afraid to overclock and kill this damn thing.

my board is still running strong. had problems at first with my ocz plat rev 2, went thru 3 boards (exchanged at my local frys) now i'm running some kingston value ram @ 1.8v for 6 months or so, but i'm afaid to overclock and kill this damn thing.

haha im the same way... i fear my board... get this wierd feeling if it takes more than 2 seconds to start haha

i live in fear of my motherboard... :(

Three boards now. All dead. Thursday will be a wonderful day in this thread. Mark my words.

His new boards are coming in maybe!?
pvhk What start bar thing are you using?Its cool, gots nvidia and some other stuff.

Sorry for the absence, i was ill for days with man flu. A friend of mine had the same board twice and I had one too, friend couldnt RMA his second one but they either died (x2) or sound via hdmi was completely screwed, so we thought wed show it some love.

Take one FW190HD - How pretty...

2101570292_a878b396ca.jpg

One industrial strength aluminium hydraulic saw and some artistic merit...

2100790003_cb77defa4c.jpg

Yes thats right, the worlds first MOBO award awarded to the worst motherboard we have ever laid our grubby mits on. MOBO stands for Motherboard of BAD order.

Yes it was childish, but it was a great day and hope Abit may do some further quality checks on these things.

I have some vids, waiting for youtube to process them. Next step will be RMA'ing them the board.

bwahaha! love it. i loved my boards for all of 3 hours total i could get them to work. yah... 4 boards, none of them were flawless. i've since moved on to better things. so much potential.... let us know what they say about the rma. :D

hi! I have one F-I90HD with Silverstone SG01 Evolution case and I cant conect audio front conectors correctly.

Can somebody explain me how to put then and what audio driver front 2 diferents with came in the motherboard works with it?

thank you and sorry for my english :)

SORRY EDITED TO CORRECT MOTHEL F-I90HD

Hey!

I am pretty happy user of this board but now i have problem :]
I was playing CS:S and my system rebooted without reason, then i couldnt boot computer only BIIIIIIIIP. I was thinking that my onboard graphic is broken but i looked closely and discovered that:

3 and 4 memory slot is not working, when i stick there RAM my computer cant boot (im using 1 and 2 slot) also i cant connect front audio.

Someone has/had same problem ?

EDIT: Its going on 350FSB without problem :]

Back