Gaming Laptop 17" or More

Fire488

Limp Gawd
I am in the market for a new gaming laptop. I currently have the one recommended by [H] from a few years ago ( Gateway P7811 FX) . The laptop has served me well, but the time has come for change as it cannot handle most of the newer games on medium resolution levels. I need at least 17" as I am old (47) and losing my eyesight LOL. I am hoping that [H] can guide me in the right direction again. I am looking to spend around $1500.00 I guess, but more if I need to. I play ArmA2, BF BC2, Crysis2, and will be playing BF3 when it comes out.

Thanks in advance.

Note- I have been looking on my own and have come up with a few possibilities, but I am just not sure.

Right now, I don't think there is a really good choice out there in that range. Looking at NewEgg, the only thing with a newest generation GPU and a SandyBridge processor is that Acer, and it had GDDR3 for video memory, which kind of limits the performance.

This one, I mean: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215007

if you don't mind recertified: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220821 is a pretty good deal for less than 1k.

Other than that, there are some HP's with so-so GPU's and there's always Sager if you want to go that route.

The Sager's or Asus G73 would both be good choices but are a little bit above your price range.

Although LCD's are so cheap you could always go for a smaller 15" unit and buy a 22" LCD for another $100.

At $1500, you limit yourself a bit. You can tweak some of the Sager builds to come in close to that. From XoticPC, you do a stock build with memory or HDD or Wireless upgrade and NO OS for ~$1500.

Sorry for the late reply [H]. You guys always come through for all who ask. I will research the selections you posted here.
Thanks!

ASUS G73SW-XA1 $1399 17.3'' 1920x1080 + i7 2630qm + Nvidia GTX460m + 8gb ddr3 + 750gb 7200rpm hdd (has 2 slots for adding an ssd in the future).

The only thing is since you mention the eyesight, a 1920x1080 screen on a 17'' is not that easy on the eyes for text, although with win7 you can scale it so shoudlnt be an issue, but if you want easier you could go for 1600x900 screen, Alienware M17x R3 comes with one in the base config and the budget bearly fits. Now thinking on saving money some, with a worst gpu, should also check ASUS N73SV-A1 $1174

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Was going to pull the trigger on the Amazon one I think, for $1399 that seems to have everything I want in it. Going to replace the hd with a ssd and bam, new gaming laptop of awesomeness.
You dont need to replace the 750gb drive on the G73JW-XA1, it has dual hdd slots, so you can get an ssd and still keep the hdd for storage and downloads. The only thing you do need if you care, is to get the 2nd caddy as the laptop has the space to place the 2nd hdd but no bracket, you have to buy it sepertly.

Back