Gaming in your 40s

Getting close to 40...but I still game regularly and plan to until the arthritis/old age prevents me (so at least a few more decades). I transitioned more from multiplayer games to single player story games. Still keep the PC updated with the latest and greatest within a 2-3 year cycle and have all the consoles. Usually the winter is when I game more after all the fall releases and the winter coldness settles in outside. All my friends moved across various parts of the U.S after college...so once or twice a week for a few hours a session, we will get on some multiplayer game such as GTA, Vermintide (anxiously awaiting Darktide), etc...catch up with each other while enjoying the multiplayer mayhem.

After I turned 40 my enthusiasm dropped by, I would say 30-40 percent. I have a hard time getting into games that take a lot of time. I just don't have the time lol. Even when I do, I'd rather go cycling or cook a healthy meal. I play PC games when I have nothing else to do to kill time. I completed Batman GOTY and Arkham City over the past few years because I have been a Batman fan since childhood. Other than that, I struggle to get pulled into any kind of game. I might give spiderman or saints row a try possible when they go on sale for 20 bucks other than that I'll be playing some Overwatch 2 cause of how fun and easy it is to just shoot at enemies.

Also, having kids just kind of blows your mind in the sense that it makes everything else feel trivial. Perhaps the escapism is not as appealing because you no longer want to escape.

I think this is a very valid point. After my back surgery three years ago, and the tedious recovery that took a year and a half, I learned to lean into real life and I seek out activities that offer escapism less and less.

I've been a PC gamer my entire life for close to 3 decades. It all started for me in the early 90s when my dad brought home a DOS Pentium 75 Gateway 2000 in the legendary cow-themed box. As an only child, the PC became the center of my teenage entertainment. All throughout college, mid-to-late 20s and 30s, gaming remained a staple and cornerstone of entertainment, part of my identity.

I am in my early 40s now and perhaps since the birth of my son 3 years ago, I've been feeling this unshakable guilt whenever I would queue up a casual round of whatever online shooter. Thankfully, I am my own boss and make my own hours, which should afford me the flexibility to engage with an activity I have always loved, but instead of being able to immerse myself into the title and enjoy the escapism, I get the feeling that I should be doing something else meaningful, productive, or constructive with my time. Yes, having two toddlers at home limits the amount of free time by default, but there's something about gaming in particular that conjures up this bizarre guilt that I don't get if I was to just sit down and watch an episode of The Expanse. I also noticed that competitive, stressful titles lost their luster years ago, any gaming I did in recent years was limited to easy mode "story play" instead of nightmare modes.

Maybe I've outgrown it? The thought of it saddens me. Perhaps it's just not the right time right now and I'll return to it at a later point? Anyway, I am interested to hear from other folks in the 40+ bracket, if they felt the same way and how they've dealt with it. Cheers!

P.S. 2 weeks away from my 20-year [H]F anniversary. Fuuuuck me time flies.
Im with ya Bro, Started in the glory days of Voodoo 3dfx cards, and 20 years on Hard.
best tip, get family into 3d gaming and PC building. Set your kids up and game with them

Im with ya Bro, Started in the glory days of Voodoo 3dfx cards, and 20 years on Hard.
best tip, get family into 3d gaming and PC building. Set your kids up and game with them
My daughter already games on her ipad and I wish she hated games because I want her to focus on schoolwork more. I just want her to have gaming as less of a distraction because in my younger days it was definitely a distraction/addiction lol.

I started on a pentium 3 playing hunting sims
Trophy hunter, deer hunter then graduated to COD and clan competition started building my own rigs then as kids came along I built gaming rigs for all three.
Work eventually overtook my life with the cost of kids, dogs, cats house payments. This last year I’m on my own and Ive built 4 computers and my Steam library is pretty extensive.
starting to game again. Anxious to see the new COD and BF.

PS. I’m 62 👴

I'm mid-50s and still enjoying sitting down for an hour or two or three to hit up one of my favorite shooters. I figure when I die they'll find me slumped over the keyboard. :eek: :p

Everytime I see one of your posts I’m immediately reminded of DFI Street. What a awesome site it was!

I'm 55 and started my pro gaming life on T.V. Tennis with a Black and White T.V.
I think I was 11 or 12 when I first played Star Raiders on a neighbor's Atari 800 8-bit. I had played 2600 video games for years before that- but Star Raiders was the hook that started me on PC gaming, and it's never left me since.

54 now. This past Wednesday marked the 26th birthday of Team Fortress, and I've been steadily playing TF2 since it shipped in 2007 and I was almost 40. And I've been fortunate to play with the same group of similar-aged friends for over ten years. The game hasn't changed much, but the majority of the player base has; that treat it more like a meme sandbox than an objective-based cooperative shooter. Yes, I'm a filthy n-word boomer try-hard. :oldman:

(their description, not mine)

50. Started on 2600 then C64. First PC build was a 286. Pretty much every PC generation, Voodoo all that.

Now bc I work on computers all damn day I find my interest in PC gaming is pretty low. Like the last thing I want to do at end of day is sit in front of another computer.

I do console in the living room, but honestly I can't get into most of the games. I wind up playing stupid racer games like Dirt etc or silly shooter games like Ascent. Rarely does a huge time sink game grab me, I don't love open world stuff. Ghost of Tsushima was first open world I have truly enjoyed in a LONG time. Cyberpunk was... Cyberpunk. Interesting but flawed. Considering I'm lucky to get 5-6 hours in a week, those games took forever.

My PC is fairly decent but I'm done chasing the Next Best Thing GPU wise. My 1080ti still going strong.

52 years young and still gaming just as much as when I was a pre teen on the 2600.

I anticipate that pc games will continue to be made for a generation that I'm no longer a part of. Just like other forms of popular culture it seems pc gamers over 50 like me are being left behind. 😞 That's okay because i have a virtually unlimited catalog of pc games and console games that will require the remainder of my natural life just to make a dent in. My crt's will be put to much use in the coming years as i near retirement

I've been a PC gamer my entire life for close to 3 decades. It all started for me in the early 90s when my dad brought home a DOS Pentium 75 Gateway 2000 in the legendary cow-themed box. As an only child, the PC became the center of my teenage entertainment. All throughout college, mid-to-late 20s and 30s, gaming remained a staple and cornerstone of entertainment, part of my identity.

I am in my early 40s now and perhaps since the birth of my son 3 years ago, I've been feeling this unshakable guilt whenever I would queue up a casual round of whatever online shooter. Thankfully, I am my own boss and make my own hours, which should afford me the flexibility to engage with an activity I have always loved, but instead of being able to immerse myself into the title and enjoy the escapism, I get the feeling that I should be doing something else meaningful, productive, or constructive with my time. Yes, having two toddlers at home limits the amount of free time by default, but there's something about gaming in particular that conjures up this bizarre guilt that I don't get if I was to just sit down and watch an episode of The Expanse. I also noticed that competitive, stressful titles lost their luster years ago, any gaming I did in recent years was limited to easy mode "story play" instead of nightmare modes.

Maybe I've outgrown it? The thought of it saddens me. Perhaps it's just not the right time right now and I'll return to it at a later point? Anyway, I am interested to hear from other folks in the 40+ bracket, if they felt the same way and how they've dealt with it. Cheers!

P.S. 2 weeks away from my 20-year [H]F anniversary. Fuuuuck me time flies.
Im 356 days from 40 still game have an expanding collection no kids or plan to have any at this late point in my life. So might as well game. Also my 20 year chip was last year....

50. Started on 2600 then C64. First PC build was a 286. Pretty much every PC generation, Voodoo all that.

Now bc I work on computers all damn day I find my interest in PC gaming is pretty low. Like the last thing I want to do at end of day is sit in front of another computer.

I do console in the living room, but honestly I can't get into most of the games. I wind up playing stupid racer games like Dirt etc or silly shooter games like Ascent. Rarely does a huge time sink game grab me, I don't love open world stuff. Ghost of Tsushima was first open world I have truly enjoyed in a LONG time. Cyberpunk was... Cyberpunk. Interesting but flawed. Considering I'm lucky to get 5-6 hours in a week, those games took forever.

My PC is fairly decent but I'm done chasing the Next Best Thing GPU wise. My 1080ti still going strong.
That's another casualty of getting older......"chasing the next best thing". I remember back in 2007 when Crysis hit and these forums were rocking day and night with "upgradeitis" posts. Seemed like Kyle and company were posting a new gpu review every week. :)

What's crazy to me is I was freaking 30 years old when I first joined this forum and my daughter who was just one year old at the time is now a senior in college. WTF!!!! :)

Last edited:
What's crazy to me is I was freaking 30 years old when I first joined this forum and my daughter who was just one year old at the time is now a senior in college. WTF!!!! :)

Yep, father time has a way of sneaking up on your like a ninja.... then pow! Smacks you in the back of the head and 20 years has passed.

I'm turning 39 next month and still game at least a couple hours a week.

Thing is, I've been primarily playing the same 3 games for the past 5ish years or so: Grim Dawn, Quake 1 (a classic, mindless treat), and Skyrim....
Yep. I've got the most powerful system I've ever had in my adult life, along with the disposable income to get any hardware and game I could ever want, and lastly, the time to actually play these games now, and lo and behold I spend the bulk of my gaming time on just two games.....Metro Exodus and Doom 2016. Exodus scratches my Stalker SOC itch until the release of Stalker 2. Doom 2016 I just love playing primarily because Doom Eternal is just too freaking fast for my old eyes and reflexes; and the fact that it really shines on a new 22"FD Trinitron. :)

Knocking on 40 this year... Every weekend is a in house lan party with my kids, Q3A, Q2CTF, UT99, Ark, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo, Etc. We load up what we want to play on the local server and get into TS and have lots of fun.... That said though my kids screen time is limited and when we are not fragging each other we are out fishing or on the ATVS. Hell my wife even jumps on the server for some frags from time to time.
You're a rich man.

Turning 53 this week. Started on the 2600, then the C64, then had an IBM PS/2 for college in 1987. Bought a 386 in 1990, I think it was and starting building my own machines in about 1995 or so. Been at it ever since. Actually bought my first pre-built machine this year, an ASUS ROG laptop with a 3080. With GPU prices so high, if I was going to spend that kind of money, I was going to get something serious that would work every time, every day. So far, it has been exactly what I hoped for. Don't spend as much time gaming as I'd like, but I'm getting back into it. My brother hooked my on Snowrunner about a year ago. I have over 300 hrs into it since.

Like carce, above, I'm at a point where I realize my massive Steam and GOG backlogs are so large, I'll never finish them all. Its an odd way to sorta face your own mortality, LOL!!!!

"Like carce, above, I'm at a point where I realize my massive Steam and GOG backlogs are so large, I'll never finish them all. Its an odd way to sorta face your own mortality, LOL!!!!"

We the children of the 70's and 80's are a strange lot indeed. The very first generation of kids raised on video games from the cradle to the grave! :)

Yep. I've got the most powerful system I've ever had in my adult life, along with the disposable income to get any hardware and game I could ever want, and lastly, the time to actually play these games now, and lo and behold I spend the bulk of my gaming time on just two games.....Metro Exodus and Doom 2016. Exodus scratches my Stalker SOC itch until the release of Stalker 2. Doom 2016 I just love playing primarily because Doom Eternal is just too freaking fast for my old eyes and reflexes; and the fact that it really shines on a new 22"FD Trinitron. :)
Same here as the system I currently have is my first having just about everything top of the line. I have a handful of games I actually play and over 200 in my Steam library, but only a small percentage were ever finished.

Same here as the system I currently have is my first having just about everything top of the line. I have a handful of games I actually play and over 200 in my Steam library, but only a small percentage were ever finished.
same here guys no time to play the 150 games in teh library =/ wish i had the time to put into red dead redemption 2 or cyberpunk 2077 just to name a few I am well past the point of wanting to play any of the past few assassins creed games maybe the next one will be easier and less time consuming perhaps also i noticed that most sports games and fighting games have gotten extremely complicated to play too many button combinations a normal human being is required to study and perfect just to enjoy some games fml it would be nice to give spiderman a play through but who have 50 hours or more to do it? lol

I’ll be gaming when I’m 90. You don’t have to give up things you enjoy just because you’re older as long as what you enjoy isn’t harming others. Anything in excess is bad. If you just don’t enjoy it anymore, find a new hobby that does.

I’ll be gaming when I’m 90. You don’t have to give up things you enjoy just because you’re older as long as what you enjoy isn’t harming others.

The only issue with that is we can't game forever. The crew I regularly play with is roughly the same age as me. Some grandparents. Some freshly into retirement. All of us are hitting the increased health-mgmt issues we see post 50. X had a stroke, and stopped playing for a few months. Y went into the ER and stayed overnight in the hospital. Z had kindey surgery, and so on. I've already had cataract surgery in both eyes, and macular edema in the left.

If you play solo and aren't big into the social component- yeah you can play forever. But I'm less into SP gaming now than I've ever been in my life. Stray is still sitting incomplete in my Steam queue.

I bought (didn't build since my vision's not as sharp) a new system this summer, my first in 10 years, my previous build was a i7 3770/GTX 970. But I feel it may be my last gaming system.

The only issue with that is we can't game forever. The crew I regularly play with is roughly the same age as me. Some grandparents. Some freshly into retirement. All of us are hitting the increased health-mgmt issues we see post 50. X had a stroke, and stopped playing for a few months. Y went into the ER and stayed overnight in the hospital. Z had kindey surgery, and so on. I've already had cataract surgery in both eyes, and macular edema in the left.

If you play solo and aren't big into the social component- yeah you can play forever. But I'm less into SP gaming now than I've ever been in my life. Stray is still sitting incomplete in my Steam queue.

I bought (didn't build since my vision's not as sharp) a new system this summer, my first in 10 years, my previous build was a i7 3770/GTX 970. But I feel it may be my last gaming system.
I must admit that is something i try not to think about. It's an unfortunate reality. I've managed so far to avoid major health issues but my right thumb is developing arthritis or some type of overuse injury most likely due to my gaming habits. ;)

Then make some new friends. Start a Geezer Gamer Club.

Even though I have the resources to buy/build whatever I want in my 40s, I have less time and motivation to game. I have a Steam Deck that has been turned on maybe twice. I kind of want to play through the Witcher series, but haven't gotten around to it. I turn on my PS5 once a month to get the free PS+ games. I got an Xbox Series S in a trade and I use that with Gamepass more than anything else to play around with new games I wouldn't buy on my own. The thought of starting a new game that is going take 100 hours of my time to beat is exhausting to think about.

The last two games I played all the way through were Sniper Elite 5 and FarCry 6 on my computer. I'll still probably pick up the new Monkey Island game though. Maybe I'll finish the Uncharted collection on the PS5 and/or God of War.

I do not have the time...
I am turning 50 on January 3, 2023!!!!!!

I was a hard core gamer with 8 computers in my house back on
Quake III Arena, Team Fortress, Unreal Tournament and Delta Force Land Warrior days...
continued through out to all the Ghost Recon games, Rainbow Six was my fav series.. anything they put out...
While I did game 'some' on my PC, I heavily gamed on my Xbox
the original xbox one... that huge xbox... my favorite fun game was Cell Damage!!!!!!

Would game and drink all night then we had kids... I still got my gaming on and enjoy(ed) it...
Sports started for the kid and I still gamed...
but eventually when he got older, we would play call of duty and do kill confirmed.. He was an awesome quick scope sniper and would kill people and I went for the tags and he covered me.. if he died, i had to wait for him to setup and keep going.. was so dominant as a team...

but what I realized with the newer games.. loved and still do love Nuke Town 24x7....
Wife will say... hey someone set the table and I would say.. match almost done...
then she would say.. time to eat.. then i am like.. match almost done... run in and eat...
then she would say.. can someone do the dishes and i am like.. match almost done...
then she is like.. hey going to bed.. i am like.. ok hun match almost done...

she cooked, set table, cleaned up, did dishes, went to bed... and the game was in front...
then cell phones...
started playing forge of empires, boom town (i think), clash of clans... and it ate up all of my then free time...

was not going well with marriage on that.. with 2 kids, spending time on phone or xbox...

so I walked away from it ALL.. signed out of FaceBook, uninstalled every game off of cell phone and did not pc or xbox game...
for almost 2 years!!!!!

After that 2y, I started back up and some of the games no longer liked.... the ones i started back up on i saw the time wasted...

I realized i lost the controller ability and keyboard/mouse is fine.. so no more console for me.. yes my son plays xbox with keyboard and mouse...

Both kids did 3 sports each... travel soccer (i coached), street hockey and MMA (oldest is 22 with 1st degree black belt krav maga, good job, living at home, GF and a life, youngest is 16, just got his drivers permit and going for his 3rd degree krav maga but still games a lot... too much)...

Now no sports other than youngest in MMA.. so i have time... well not now..

Work commute 60 miles, my son and I do MMA (just got my 1st degree at 49!!!), 2 college courses and didnt realize one was accelerated and 2,3 or 4 homework's plus a quiz every 3d!!!!!! plus a 2nd class...

I do not have much time right now either.... but i find a way.. got 1.5h last night in...

I do not care about being competitive anymore as I use it as an unwind and drink time with some friends, relatives, etc...

if ok, i will put this here... come check me out and see when i am online... follow:
twitch.tv/jesterjeff69 ... can see my ugly old lacking head hair with a go-t, foul mouthed... beer chugging time..

gotta watch towards the end of last nights stream!!!! dude was LIT and him leaving left an awesome video i have to clip out... him leaving and took so long and was funny...
i will crop it out and put on tiktok - same... JesterJeff69 ....

I will stop gaming when I die....
Already pre purchased modern warfare ii...

I am getting slower, not as good and understand that is life and just relaxing... still balancing time with wife though which is most important...

I just plowed through R-Type 2 Final, and all of its DLC (on normal, not R-Typer difficulty :D ) and enjoyed every second of it. Even some of the more tricky/technical spots that I had to retry a dozen times. I find that the more I play shooters, (SHMUPS) action platformers like Hollow Knight, Haiku the Robot, and Souls-Style games, the better I get, and at 45.5 years, I think many people give up on that. I doubled down, and did again with some of my recent gaming choices, and am quite happy about it. I don't play as much as I'd like to, but life balance has to work out with other hobbies, family, work, etc. Still, I know some people that don't touch difficult games anymore because "wah!" and I think it's silly. Now if I could just get a few people to play some Q3A with me on the LAN. I've got seven nicely specced PCs, all gigabit, partially fiber. Annnnnnnnnnnnddddddd..... nobody to play with.

My kids will play things like Borderlands with me still, but they're not into Quake... One daughter plowed through Doom Eternal after she built her first game PC, but she's more into single player. She'd be a perfect opponent if I could just get her to play. :D

I do not have the time...
I am turning 50 on January 3, 2023!!!!!!

I was a hard core gamer with 8 computers in my house back on
Quake III Arena, Team Fortress, Unreal Tournament and Delta Force Land Warrior days...
continued through out to all the Ghost Recon games, Rainbow Six was my fav series.. anything they put out...
While I did game 'some' on my PC, I heavily gamed on my Xbox
the original xbox one... that huge xbox... my favorite fun game was Cell Damage!!!!!!

Would game and drink all night then we had kids... I still got my gaming on and enjoy(ed) it...
Sports started for the kid and I still gamed...
but eventually when he got older, we would play call of duty and do kill confirmed.. He was an awesome quick scope sniper and would kill people and I went for the tags and he covered me.. if he died, i had to wait for him to setup and keep going.. was so dominant as a team...

but what I realized with the newer games.. loved and still do love Nuke Town 24x7....
Wife will say... hey someone set the table and I would say.. match almost done...
then she would say.. time to eat.. then i am like.. match almost done... run in and eat...
then she would say.. can someone do the dishes and i am like.. match almost done...
then she is like.. hey going to bed.. i am like.. ok hun match almost done...

she cooked, set table, cleaned up, did dishes, went to bed... and the game was in front...
then cell phones...
started playing forge of empires, boom town (i think), clash of clans... and it ate up all of my then free time...

was not going well with marriage on that.. with 2 kids, spending time on phone or xbox...

so I walked away from it ALL.. signed out of FaceBook, uninstalled every game off of cell phone and did not pc or xbox game...
for almost 2 years!!!!!

After that 2y, I started back up and some of the games no longer liked.... the ones i started back up on i saw the time wasted...

I realized i lost the controller ability and keyboard/mouse is fine.. so no more console for me.. yes my son plays xbox with keyboard and mouse...

Both kids did 3 sports each... travel soccer (i coached), street hockey and MMA (oldest is 22 with 1st degree black belt krav maga, good job, living at home, GF and a life, youngest is 16, just got his drivers permit and going for his 3rd degree krav maga but still games a lot... too much)...

Now no sports other than youngest in MMA.. so i have time... well not now..

Work commute 60 miles, my son and I do MMA (just got my 1st degree at 49!!!), 2 college courses and didnt realize one was accelerated and 2,3 or 4 homework's plus a quiz every 3d!!!!!! plus a 2nd class...

I do not have much time right now either.... but i find a way.. got 1.5h last night in...

I do not care about being competitive anymore as I use it as an unwind and drink time with some friends, relatives, etc...

if ok, i will put this here... come check me out and see when i am online... follow:
twitch.tv/jesterjeff69 ... can see my ugly old lacking head hair with a go-t, foul mouthed... beer chugging time..

gotta watch towards the end of last nights stream!!!! dude was LIT and him leaving left an awesome video i have to clip out... him leaving and took so long and was funny...
i will crop it out and put on tiktok - same... JesterJeff69 ....

I will stop gaming when I die....
Already pre purchased modern warfare ii...

I am getting slower, not as good and understand that is life and just relaxing... still balancing time with wife though which is most important...
10 years isn't nothing takes 10 years for a single game to come out. Then you realize all the good games are already came out 10-15 years ago.

Last edited:
I go through stints really....
I run linux primarily, but once in a while i get an itch to game, so I toss windows on a spare drive, usually end up playing Apex Legends (cause Team Fortress 2 is a bot fest that killed it :( ) or Civilization, i'll go a week playing every night a few hours, or maybe like 4-5 :D, then i just stop, because then I also realise, there are far more productive things to be doing with my time that would benefit me far more than playing games. But it is a way to unwind and not give a crap. Wife has never given me crap for it either, she likes to sit on her phone on social sites and talking to family, I like to game...

Now this could also be due to not being a part of any squads or groups, like back in the Delta Force 2 / BHD / Land Warrior (ya TeleFragger NovaLogic owned back then, shame they let it go to ...crap) / UT days where you were hyped to get on and game all weekend with your squad mates...it was more the socialising that made it fun and you looked forward to it, now, not many of my friends game and if they do, they have to plan months ahead for a "dad" weekend to play some games and then they play boring games...

I do alot more outdoor type activities now that I'm over 50. I justify my time spent gaming by heading out to the wilds of Utah or other parts of the Rockies; or perhaps Denali National Park in Alaska. I spend a week by myself with nature and then come back home and frag people. :)

Both my kids (19 and 13) are into Minecraft, youngest is into Splatoon and family games, so we play a lot of those. The oldest moved out, and there is no wife/gf, the youngest son and I balance games, TV and reading. Since I work from home, I can play games a lot more. My oldest is into Monster Hunter and he has access to my Steam library, so he's been playing the hell out of that. I'll build up a character and play with him more, but he hates my gonzo style of attacking... :p

"Daddy, you almost died... you need to wait for the right time to attack.. there is a pattern... your weapons are weak.."
"Whatever chump, it's dead... heal me..."

In my 40s and haven't played anything really since BF4 and The Division 2. My current 8 year old gaming PC doesn't even have a graphics card since mine died during the pandemic. I always put off building a new PC for the Battlefield games only to not care about the BF games since 4. I still claim every free Epic Games Store game just in case. I keep hoping I am going to see something I really want to play, but I can't remember the last teaser that really interest me.

I will probably build eventually just to get a newer PC, but not sure I will make a return to the hobby unless we see some major changes or new innovative tech. All the time and money to do it right, but nothing that excites me. I don't even have anything on my radar at this point.

In my 40s and haven't played anything really since BF4 and The Division 2. My current 8 year old gaming PC doesn't even have a graphics card since mine died during the pandemic. I always put off building a new PC for the Battlefield games only to not care about the BF games since 4. I still claim every free Epic Games Store game just in case. I keep hoping I am going to see something I really want to play, but I can't remember the last teaser that really interest me.

I will probably build eventually just to get a newer PC, but not sure I will make a return to the hobby unless we see some major changes or new innovative tech. All the time and money to do it right, but nothing that excites me. I don't even have anything on my radar at this point.
I'm in the same boat as you. No games really turned me on except for Overwatch. I've sunk 2000 hours into Overwatch over the years the only other games I had thousands of hours into was BF4 and the Original Unreal Tournament GOTY. Only a few games in a lifetime that I can play for a long time. Batman for single player the Arkham series is wonderful.

My 3 year old son played a little bit of Geometry Dash the other day. Oh the joy a small child gets from hitting the same spikes 5 seconds into the level over and over again. I'm a little but jealous of fascination and interest in just well, everything. Me on the other hand at 35 now - I find almost every game boring.

My 3 year old son played a little bit of Geometry Dash the other day. Oh the joy a small child gets from hitting the same spikes 5 seconds into the level over and over again. I'm a little but jealous of fascination and interest in just well, everything. Me on the other hand at 35 now - I find almost every game boring.

That's a good time to start playing!

My parents, and their friend both had Bally Astrocade consoles when I was three. I played the hell out of those games. I don't remember if I was any good at them, but I remember every single one of the games, and playing them over at his house, or in our living room. It unfortunately died the heat-death that they were prone to, but the same friend, and my dad always had parity with computers and other electronics, so we had an Ataris, C64s, Amigas, PCs etc. (and other consoles, and PC builds). The C64 had the biggest impact on me, but those Bally games at 3 years old are still clearly ingrained in my head. I play them on my MiSTer still every once in a while. :D

Back